Oh Aussie media, How i love thee!

Zap_Brannigan

|"This is an Int'l tourney, headline is misleading...imagine if some aussie guy drives to work after just reading the headline and tell his Indian mate.." so that hussey won you the game eh". ? say what? Indian media can butter it up but they say it the way it is man" This is really silly mate...the indian media or any other media is no different. This is how the real world is. they all try to highlight their players anyway they could. I am no fan of the aussie media in some things. they lack ethics or concience when they attack players like ganguly and harbhajan.they could be paid cheerleaders of the aussie team on this occasion, just give some slack..this si far from the worst thing they ever did.

The Aussie press will only write about their players, due to reader interest. Having said that, its been an Aussie IPL so far by a long way. 100s by Hussey, Gilly and Symmo. The Warnes, Watsons and Haydens winning games, McGraths and Lees..lets admit it, if at all one country has "won" the IPL so far it is Australia.
jis ki laathi uski bhaens... but onething is there...performancewise... aussies players are looking committed and I guess pre-decided to some extent...( look at the scorecards, sequentially )...I may be overconcerned but, this is what I felt.

Marsh makes mess of Kolkata Shaun Marsh has giuded Kings XI Punjab to a much-needed victory over the Kolkata Knight Riders. More... Marsh makes mess of Kolkata 4/05/2008 8:30:58 AM Kings XI Punjab recorded a much-needed victory over the Kolkata Knight Riders on Saturday, winning by nine runs after an early Kolkata collapse. Having made 6-178 off their 20 overs, Punjab soon began dismantling the Kolkata batting order. Sourav Ganguly went for just five, caught at third man off Sreesanth, and Mohammed Hafeez quickly followed for 13 when he was bowled by Irfan Pathan. When Hodge was trapped lbw for just one, Kolkata was floundering at 3-25 and it got worse as Debabrata Das fell victim to Sreesanth for five. Kolkata were scratching out runs, mainly in singles, but it was clear by the mid-point of their innings that the required run rate - hovering around 18 - was out of reach. David Hussey (71) and Saha (59no) restored some pride with a sixth-wicket partnership of 104, but it was too little too late. Punjab set themselves up for victory with a scrappy innings. Shaun Marsh was the high scorer with 40, but it was the quick-hitting of his team-mates that was the secret to Punjab's success. James Hopes smashed four fours from the first 11 balls his faced on his return, but was caught by Brad Hodge from the 12th. Kumar Sangakkara came in but was soon struggling after swinging awkwardly at a delivery, and he retired hurt in the sixth over. Yuvraj Singh followed with an explosive but brief appearance, hitting 14 off three balls before he was stumped off the next delivery for 17. Wicketkeeper Prasanta Saha claimed another victim, stumping Marsh, soon after. Ganguly saved Umar Gul for the later stages and got quick reward as he got the wicket of Mahela Jayawardene, out for 10 off Gul's second delivery. The paceman surrendered only one run from an excellent first over. After receiving treatment, Sangakkara re-emerged but saw his partner Karan Goel run out for six. Sangakkara was eventually bowled by Gul, but ended a dogged effort with a respectable 28. Piyush Chawla came into swing the bat with free abandon, and he accounted for 20 of the 21 runs Punjab scored off the final over, reaching his total of 21 off just seven balls.