Oh Aussie media, How i love thee!

Zap_Brannigan

smhkr2.jpg I dont know the name of the commentator yesterday, but when Hussey and Dhoni were batting with just about 2~3 overs to go, he said that the Royal challengers were better off with Dhoni on strike since hussey would tear their bowling apart and i was thinking to myself, Really??Hussey over Dhoni for the slog overs? Do people still underestimate Dhoni?

Mike Hussey led the Chennai Super Kings to their fourth win from four matches in the Indian Premier League, a 13-run victory over the struggling Bangalore Royal Challengers. Hussey made 47 runs from 37 balls while fellow Australian Test player Matthew Hayden managed just with 13/19 in Chennai's innings of 5-178. The home side was all out 165 with two balls remainig.
:haha: The only two players mentioned are Hussey and Haydos, no Dhoni, no Taylor, no Jaffer or any of CSK's bowlers. Now, thats impartial reporting at its best !

This is an Int'l tourney, headline is misleading...imagine if some aussie guy drives to work after just reading the headline and tell his Indian mate.." so that hussey won you the game eh". ? say what? Indian media can butter it up but they say it the way it is man

You all should have seen how they covered the Bhajji-Sree row and with what glee did they lap up this news. It was almost embarrassing the way they kept on relating the monkeygate and slapgate incidents (accidents?)!! If no Australian is interested in IPL, why do they cover it there?

>I dont know the name of the commentator yesterday, but when Hussey and Dhoni were batting with just about 2~3 overs to go, he said that the Royal challengers were better off with Dhoni on strike since hussey would tear their bowling apart and i was thinking to myself, Really??Hussey over Dhoni for the slog overs? Do people still underestimate Dhoni? It was Greg Chappell, But You got it wrong. He said CSK were better off with Dhoni on the strike as he can hit long way.

Guest HariSampath

The Aussie press will only write about their players, due to reader interest. Having said that, its been an Aussie IPL so far by a long way. 100s by Hussey, Gilly and Symmo. The Warnes, Watsons and Haydens winning games, McGraths and Lees..lets admit it, if at all one country has "won" the IPL so far it is Australia.

Rajeev what that guy has said isnt way off the mark. When Indian media covers county games they only talk about the performance of Indian players and nothing else.
Yes but you dont distort the truth and say that Hussey was solely responsible for the victory