The most unlucky captain: VVS

zubinpepsi

We need to change the gameplan: Laxman Hyderabad (PTI): Deccan Chargers captain VVS Laxman expressed disappointment over his team's third sucessive defeat in the Indian Premier League and said they need to devise a new gameplan to do better in the tournament. "It is definitely disappointing. The game was fluctuating. We need to look at changing the bowling plan," Laxman said after his sides' three-wicket loss against Rajasthan Royals. Laxman said they still believed in capabilites of Andrew Symonds, who hit a stunning hundred but failed with the ball. "We still have confidence in him. Because of him we could cross the 200-run mark. Last two overs were crucial. Shane Warne made all the difference," he said. Symonds bowled the last over of match in which Shane Warne hit two sixes to seal his team's victory.

I will always be a great fan of Laxman no matter what people say. I still have hope for him, he will be sublime. He has done great things on the Indian national team, hes too good of a player for this happen to him and you guys know that, so all this shiit talking needs to stop. On his day he can suceed in any form of the game just stroking majestic boundaries to the fence

dont quite agree with that' date=' i think Laxman would be a good twenty20 player, but i think captaincy is affecting his game.[/quote'] I agree. Look I think Laxman is aware of his weaknesses, and perhaps that is why he didn't take the icon status. Besides, he is a strokemaker (as we saw in that century in Sydney) and he is adept at finding gaps. We need more run-a-ball innings from the likes of him so that the others can rally around him and fire....but our batting fired today...our bowling stank...I think Bangar and Arjun Yadav should sit down and RaviTeja and some other local should step up!

I agree. Look I think Laxman is aware of his weaknesses' date=' and perhaps that is why he didn't take the icon status. Besides, he is a strokemaker (as we saw in that century in Sydney) and he is adept at finding gaps. We need more run-a-ball innings from the likes of him so that the others can rally around him and fire....but our batting fired today...our bowling stank...I think Bangar and Arjun Yadav should sit down and RaviTeja and some other local should step up![/quote'] hes a natural stroke player. seems to me like gilly needs to fire. its putting a lot of pressure on the batting order. no need to call VVS slow or unfit to play twenty20 cricket as there are similar players to him in the IPL such as Jayawardene,Sarwan, Dravid, Chanderpaul etc.Laxman has been made captain and left him with a big onus.Laxman has little 2020 experience and has been out of limited overs cricket for a while now. Laxman is sheer class, he will come through big very very soon dont even worry about it.

hes a natural stroke player. seems to me like gilly needs to fire. its putting a lot of pressure on the batting order. no need to call VVS slow or unfit to play twenty20 cricket as there are similar players to him in the IPL such as Jayawardene' date=Sarwan, Dravid, Chanderpaul etc.Laxman has been made captain and left him with a big onus.Laxman has little 2020 experience and has been out of limited overs cricket for a while now. Laxman is sheer class, he will come through big very very soon dont even worry about it.
The Highlighted Names are way better than laxman and laxman is slower than all of then on any given day.......... Be it S/R or running btwn wickets or even athleticism on the field..............

Laxman is the greatest Captain India ever had..... BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and the greatest T20 bastman as welllllllll BWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ps. Rohan saved some work for ya.. lets all hail Laxi.... his batting was great today... BWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

against one of the greatest bowling attack comprising of Nehra, Nayar, bla bla... his batting with a SR over 100 was simply brillinat... awesomeeeeeeeee Dukkan Dopers gonna win this tournament as laxi is in the form of his life.. BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

He used some common sense today. He played some magnificent shots (barring the top-edged six). Rotated the strike relatively well and had a comfortable S/R > 100. Thats what he should look to do. Brilliant stuff from Gilchrist though. Superb.
some of his best shots were a mishit for 6 and misfield for 4... truly awesomeee..........:two_thumbs_up:

all posts aside, laxman has some role to play for hyderabad now. he should open the innings & look to hit 4s during powerplays. rest of the time, look to hit 1s and give the strike to the batsman at the other end

all posts aside' date=' laxman has some role to play for hyderabad now. he should open the innings & look to hit 4s during powerplays. rest of the time, look to hit 1s and give the strike to the batsman at the other end[/quote'] exactly.

all posts aside' date=' laxman has some role to play for hyderabad now. he should open the innings & look to hit 4s during powerplays. rest of the time, look to hit 1s and give the strike to the batsman at the other end[/quote'] what about sixers ? or u think he cant clear the bounday