Here's why I like Tim Duncan (NBA)

Brainfade

Great guy, but a really boring player. Although i have to admit, it's refreshing to see some clean-cut, professional looking black athletes on TV. No tattoos, no smack-talk, just basketball and nothing else. I am sick of guys like Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, and other ball-hogging buffoons who look like they recently got out on parole.

plus the fact that he is a Graduate and extremely intelligent guy ...
lol dude Duncan? most boring guy, mr fundamental. Kobe all the way. I hope there are no Kobe Haters out there because you all know hes the most amazing basketball out there, the best basketball player in the world.

plus the fact that he is a Graduate and extremely intelligent guy ...
so what are you trying to say? does it really matter? Kobe didnt go to college and youll be surprised about how intelligent he is. BLACK MAMBA FOR PRESIDENT

Great player akin to Rahul Dravid mould. Comes to work, does his job and then go home. Of course it means he will never get half the credit as does a Shaq. Heck even in 2007/8 season where Shaq is clearly a shadow of his self, Duncan didnt get half as much attention as Shaq did.

If someone does not respect Duncan then he or she is plain evil
lol yea respect him for being fundamental, Basketball is all about action this guy is too damn boring, KG is a lot more exciting so are Dwight and Amare

lol dude Duncan? most boring guy' date=' mr fundamental. Kobe all the way. I hope there are no Kobe Haters out there because you all know hes the most amazing basketball out there, the best basketball player in the world.[/quote'] The basketball player that I loved to watch was Michael Jordan. Now that he's gone, the closest person that seems to fill that void for me is Kobe. Kobe tries to imitate Jordan in more ways than one be it sticking his tongue out sometimes or his fadeaways or taking it to the hole. As for Duncan, IIRC he was one of the few players who went straight to the NBA Allstar game instead of the rookie all star game. As for his gesture, seems like Laxman not wanting to be an icon player for the Deccan Chargers