BCCI bars its players from counties with ICL players

Feed

I agree tht BCCI is doing the wrong thing by stopping players to play in county ... Since they r free so they should be allowed to utilize their time by playing some sort of cricket ... But I don't agree with some guys here, who say tht our players will lose a chance to gain valuable experience ... County is one of the most hyped cricketing structure one can see ... Most of the players are aged and retired/useless players from different countries ... U see players hitting hundred centuries and still scoring a single hundred at international level is as difficult for them as to climb Mt. Everest ... Despite having so many matches, how many quality players have Eng produced ... The one KP is also imported :D So I don't think our players will lose anything by not playing there ...
That's just flat our incorrect. RP Singh and Zaheer Khan are two reasons right off the top of my head.

Hah ... RP Singh never got anything from county ... and Zaheer would have gained even if had played Ranji and most importantly if he would have kept himself in shape ... He was out of form cos of his weight ... Getting those 3rd graded county batsman is never a difficult job ....

Hah ... RP Singh never got anything from county ... and Zaheer would have gained even if had played Ranji and most importantly if he would have kept himself in shape ... He was out of form cos of his weight ... Getting those 3rd graded county batsman is never a difficult job ....
Don't take my word for it. Listen to Zaheer and RP: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/305521.html For a guy called hitman, you sure are off the mark. :winky:

Where does the next RP Singh go? This latest move by the BCCI is an indication of a far greater malaise that's prevelant in their philosophy. It's a political move geared purely towards the continuing endorsement of it's own sanctioned IPL body, at the cost of the future of our young bowlers. I believe that Indian cricket is going through a time of plenty in it's reserves of bowling. In the past five years we've seen more promising young fast bowlers come onto the scene than ever before. These past years have given us the likes of Pathan, Balaji, Patel, Sharma, RP, Sreesanth and Praveen Kumar amongst others and it's no coincidence that our foreign test record during this time is second only to the mighty Australians. I can't think of another test playing nation that has produced such quantity and quality in it's young pace bowling department in the same time frame, and it's this surge in bowling that has helped us tremendously in becoming a far more balanced team that can compete in equal footing on away tours and championships. Would India have won the 20/20 world cup, CB series, test series victories in the West Indies, England and competed very well against South Africa and Australia without these young bowlers? I think not. The BCCI, however has turned a blind eye and deaf ear to this development for a handful of silver coins. The seperation from the MRF, and now county cricket plus the continual lack of support for fast bowlers in domestic conditions threatens to choke off the promise we're seeing from these young bowlers. Consider this: The likes of Dale Steyn, Morkel, and other young bowlers around the world play over half of their test matches in conditions that help bowling, whereas their Indian counterparts are reduced to toilling in home conditions where even the best fast bowlers will suffer. Would the likes of Steyn, Morkel etc have the confidence, aggression and skill if they had been bowling for the Indian team the past three years? How would their young cricketing minds and bodies have coped with the rigors of bowling 30-40 overs time and time again in flat Indian tracks? It's questions like these that show me the Indian fast bowler is an endangered species. The trends are disturbing. A young Indian pacer breaks onto the world scene by impressing on a foreign tour, gaining accolades and garnering comparisions to previous greats, and the fall is just as swift when they return for domestic campaigns and home series where they toil fruitlessely in unforgiving conditions. This has happened to Pathan, Munaf, RP, Kumar etc and will continue to happen unless the BCCI decides to nurture these young talents instead of hindering them. County cricket is an invaluable learning ground for young fast bowlers where they can play against competent batsmen alongside some great bowlers. Who do our young bowlers turn to when they need to learn how to reverse swing the ball, bowl effective yorkers and learn the finer points of bowling angles over and around the wicket to left and right handed batsmen? They certainly aren't going to learn those tools of the trade playing half of their cricket, test and ODI, at home where there is nothing for the bowlers from the pitch? The only time we see this development and education is when they play on foreign tours to England/Australia or in a league like English county cricket. And that's not even mentioning the lack of fitness focus in the Indian domestic and international circuit. lIt's startling to me that an international bowler like RP Singh playing for a cricketing body with the vast financial resources like the BCCI, had to go to England to find out that he needed to improve his leg and hip drive and in what fashion. How long had Zaheer been a struggling, inconsistent bowler before his stint in England? These are all pertinant questions that I'm afraid the BCCI has no answers for. Well, technically, I guess, they do. The NCA which still has no fast bowling coach as far as I know. So where does the next RP Singh go? The domestic circuit certainly doesn't have the expertise, conditions and staff that's anywhere near comparable to the facilities abroad. It's almost a case of rags to riches. The BCCI has become the richest body in the world whereas the young Indian fast bowler still is in rags. India can certainly produce the talent but the evolution of a young fast bowler to a hostile, aggressive and successful pacer in his prime is missing and I look no further than the BCCI as the root cause of this. With the twilight of certain batting legends in Indian cricket, it's only a matter of time before the Indian batting lineup comes back to earth. The BCCI has an incredible opportunity of investing in our young bowlers and providing them with world class facilities and support to turn their promise into performance but with the current direction of the BCCI, I see nothing on the horizon that leads me to belieive this will come into fruition.