Sehwag Stats - A case of Contrast

Guest BossBhai

Thought so! It's an unique record. Double centurion in the lowest scoring game ever. Speaks volumes about the man's ability to rise above the circumstances. Viru, I bow to thee. Just become a bit more consistent, and the world will be your oyster. :hail: :hail: :hail:

At home. In fact, the other thing you mention- the fact that 40 wickets have rarely fallen when a double has been scored, is testimony itself to the rarity of Sehwag's innings. It's simply inconceivable that anybody could score a double in a match that logged so few runs and lasted for less than 4 days. Do you have a figure for how many times it's happened? (double ton and 40 wickets)

I followed that match .... it was surreal .... he had a 100 run partnership with one of the tailenders and Jaya made 95 or there abouts of those runs ...... it was hilarious :hysterical:
I checked. Hundred and one for the 9th wicket with Fernando, who contributed one.:haha:

We're talking about Veeru as an all-time great already, but there is one massive hole in his profile - namely, his second innings record. Absolutely abysmal, to say the least.

Mat Runs HS Avg 100s 
--------------------
57 1077 151 28.34 1 

For me, this is definitely something he needs to remedy before we can put him up there in the pantheon of all-time great batsman. Just one hundred - 151 vs AUS at Adelaide - whilst the other 14 were all in the first innings. Needless to say, his average in the first innings is almost 70. Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, and Ganguly all average 40 or higher in their 2nd innings. Comments ?

I have a stat request; I would like to know the proportion of runs, Sehwag made in the team total, for all times when he scored a 100. For eg, in the last match, when he scored 201*, his proportional contribution was around 61%. I would like to know that figure for all his recent 100s. ( maybe his last 10 or something) If possible, I would like that exercise repeated for other openers in international cricket. Matthew Hayden and Graeme Smith would do for starters I have a hunch and I want to verify it.

Seems our selectors were not the only damnfool ones. Other famous batsmen who have been dropped? Hold your breath, you'll need it- Don Bradman and Len Hutton.
when was bradman dropped? what year?
Fikar not you ..... one of these days months I will catch up with the backlog ... :-D Doc, thats a good stat and anecdote as usual ... :two_thumbs_up:
:two_thumbs_up:

Boss, about the debate by Bumps and Sehwag on the other thread....is there are a way of working out the proportion of team runs scored by Sehwag since his debut, contrasted with fab four over the same period? If you need to update your DB, maybe Varun could help out? (He made a new DB while you were away).