Who should be the 3rd paceman in our test side?

Who should be the 3rd paceman in our test side?  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Sreesanth
    • RP Singh
    • Munaf Patel
    • Irfan Pathan
    • Other

Question for the fast bowling experts: How would you rate Pankaj Singh and VRV Singh? Pankaj, especially, appears to be someone that needs to be groomed at the highest level. He has paid his dues in domestic cricket, and should be in the mix, don't you think?
The problem with Pankaj Singh is that he bowls at medium-fast pace. A guy with his height, size and strength should be bowling fast. I don't know why this is but someone needs to sit down with him and get him to just bowl fast and see what he can do. Patel is the same. The guy was bowling around 145kph when he first came onto the scene and I haven't seen that same pace since. We have enough decent fast-medium swing bowlers. Sharma and Patel should be allowed to bowl fast to give our bowling variety and options. To be honest I think it has a lot to do with domestic pitches where bowling fast doesn't always get you results. Instead you have to cut down on your pace to focus on line/length.

Its not just the number of games that Sreesanth may or may not have contributed towards our victory, its the shocking number of times his bowling has looked absolutely listless, like he simply didnt have a clue about what was going on out there. I still remember many members here billing Sreesanth as the next big thing, ahead of last summer's English tour, but he ended the tour as the worst performing bowler, even including the spinner Anil Kumble. His erratic ways can unsettle even the most settled bowling combination. On one end, Zak and RP were beating the English batsman with pace and swing, while Sreesanth was all over the shop from the other end. Remember his 'one-foot-over-the-line-noball' to Collingwood? Or the head high beamer to Pietersen? This when, the rest of the two pacers in the side had picked up a combined 30 wickets in the series and comprehensively outperformed their english counterparts. And the ONLY t20 match that I can recollect Sreesanth having a positive impact was the T20 world cup semis, when he took the wickets of Gilchrist and Hayden and bowled a tidy spell. Apart from that one magical occurrence, almost every other Sreesanth appearance in a T20 match has been a near catastrophie. RPS is our BEST T20 bowler, period. He is as quick as Sree, has more control and a better temperament. He will outshine Sreesanth in 7/10 occasions.

To be fair to Sreesanth, he was struggling with his run up and delivery. The team sent tapes back to the MRF academy and Shekhar was able to provide some hints and bits of advice which helped Sreesanth a bit. Sreesanth was altering his bowling, his run up to try different things. At one point he was starting his run up with the ball on the other hand and transferring it to the bowling hand before his delivery stride.

To be fair to Sreesanth, he was struggling with his run up and delivery. The team sent tapes back to the MRF academy and Shekhar was able to provide some hints and bits of advice which helped Sreesanth a bit. Sreesanth was altering his bowling, his run up to try different things. At one point he was starting his run up with the ball on the other hand and transferring it to the bowling hand before his delivery stride.
He was all over the shop in England, a true picture of contrast to Zak and RPS.