Tendulkar ruled out of ODI series, Badri replaces him

h4te

Tendulkar ruled out of ODI series Cricinfo staff August 11, 2008 Sachin Tendulkar will not be play in the five-ODI series in Sri Lanka, after sustaining an injury in his left elbow during the ongoing third Test in Colombo. S Badrinath, the Tamil Nadu batsman, is the likely replacement. "I spoke to Sachin and the team physio [Nitin Patel] this morning and I can confirm that Tendulkar has been ruled out of action for two to three weeks," Ratnakar Shetty, the BCCI's chief administrative officer, told Cricinfo. Tendulkar had jarred his elbow while attempting a catch in the 47th over of Sri Lanka's first innings on Saturday, and was quickly taken off. An MRI scan revealed a swelling, and Tendulkar didn't take the field for the rest of the innings. However, he did bat in India's second innings on Sunday, though two places below his customary No. 4 position. Tendulkar was out for 14, which still leaves him 77 short of surpassing Brian Lara as the leading run-getter in Tests. After missing the Asia Cup in Pakistan due to a groin injury, Tendulkar had been named in the ODI squad for Sri Lanka as well as the Champions Trophy in Pakistan which takes place in September. His last one-day match was the second final of the Commonwealth Bank Series against Australia in Brisbane in March 2008. Badrinath confirmed his call-up to the national team, and will leave for Sri Lanka on Wednesday. "Yes, I got a call to join the team for the Sri Lanka series and I'm leaving day after," he told Cricinfo. The five-match series will be played from August 18-29. © Cricinfo

Nice way to avoid embarrassing move by BCCI selectors.
oh yea....i forgot the biggest embarassments(dont want to even mention would run out of space) come from your country so some how you have to claim that selecting an indian legend is an embarassment just because he has smashed your bowlers all over the park over decades.

Tendy should either retire from both forms of the game or atleast one.Its clear that he is FAR from being a great batsman for a while now....over the last 5 years, he's batted like a failure far more than as a champion and has been left in the dust by atleast a dozen batsmen. Plus his body is a wreck and this is a sport- if your body can't hold up, stop hogging space coz you are an aeging over-the-hill superstar who refuses to bow out gracefully. Tendy failed utterly against MMV- yet another in the long list of failures he's had over the last few years...what is it now....i forget...in the last 9 outta 11 series he's failed to average 40 ? Great batsman my foot....more like an over the hill great who didnt know his 10 minutes in the spotlight is up. Unfortunately, BCCI doesnt have the ballz to drop Tendy...coz Tendy is a cricketer second, God first,thanks to our hero-starved worshipping bunch of hundreds of millions of fans, who are more personal record interested than the best interests of the team and abiding by the idea ' nomatter how great you are, you gotto go when you start sucking'. Well, Tendy has been sucking for a very long time now, barring the occasional freak series where he actually manages to average 50+ Tendy in his prime was the best batsman in the world since Sir Don. Tendy overall is one of the greatest batsman the game has ever seen Tendy today/over the last 4-5 years is a mediocre has-been living on past reputation and hero-worship. Its just that simple, folks.

Where were you last year when he was the 2nd highest run scorer that year. * Played well vs SAF in Ireland (matchwinning knocks) * Played well vs ENG in England (matchwinning knocks) * Played well vs AUS in India * Played well vs PAK in India (matchwinning & series winning knocks) * Played well vs AUS in Australia (won us the series) Yep the writing has been on the wall for some time now ... :hysterical: For peeps sake he was world no.1 only this march. His first bad series in over 18 months and all of a sudden so called indian fans have amnesia.

Where were you last year when he was the 2nd highest run scorer that year. * Played well vs SAF in Ireland (matchwinning knocks) * Played well vs ENG in England (matchwinning knocks) * Played well vs AUS in India * Played well vs PAK in India (matchwinning & series winning knocks) * Played well vs AUS in Australia (won us the series) Yep the writing has been on the wall for some time now ... :hysterical: For peeps sake he was world no.1 only this march. His first bad series in over 18 months and all of a sudden so called indian fans have amnesia.
There are atleast 15 players worldwide who have a more impressive resume than Tendulkar over the last few years....quoting a few successes isnt enough...fact of the matter is, Tendulkar has been very ordinary over the last few years and a total 'has-been living on former glory'...yes, even a has-been viv or has-been Miandad had a decent series here and there or a matchwining knock here and there..doesnt change the fact that like Tendulkar, they were has-beens.

Really? ... Ask the Australians whether they think he is a has-been. Trust me ... you take Tendulkar out of the Test team and you virtually hand the Aussies the series in October. They will be hoping that the BCCI pull out a knee-jerk reaction to this ... Tendulkar has annihalated them time and time again. They will be praying for no Sachin this October. By the way, I wasnt just quoting a few successes that was EVERY SERIES HE PLAYED OVER THE PAST YEAR

Ask the Australians whether they think he is a has-been.
Many Aussies i know think he is a has-been and that he is incapable of scoring big runs against a good bowling attack on true pitches...last time India was in Australia, pitches were very batsman-friendly and Aussie bowling attack was ordinary...Lee and McGill as senior bowlers ? pffft.... We all saw what happened when Sachin took on McWarney...he got owned....owned pretty bad.
By the way, I wasnt just quoting a few successes that was EVERY SERIES HE PLAYED OVER THE PAST YEAR
EVERY SINGLE batsman in EVERY SINGLE top test team has atleast one success through the span of a test series...whopee ****ing ding.
you take Tendulkar out of the Test team and you virtually hand the Aussies the series in October. They will be hoping that the BCCI pull out a knee-jerk reaction to this ... Tendulkar has annihalated them time and time again
That may be true...Sachin has shown that he can only make runs against mediocre bowling attacks, which is what the Aussie bowling attack is today ( i rate them behind Lanka, South Africa and a full strength Pakistani attack). So i am actually against dropping him immediately...let him make some runs against the mediocre aussie bowling attack on patta Indian wickets and then we can drop him..or if he doesnt make runs against the Aussies, we can drop him for sure.

Wait ... Are you serious? You are saying Sachin has struggled against WARNE??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... :hysterical:. Even Warne would have laughed at that. Warne happily admits he never had any answer to Sachin. McGrath maybe, but stats show Lee has got him out more than McGrath. Its been pretty much 50-50 vs McGrath. And youre rating Lanka as the best attack in the world? Based on what ? One good series on home soil where they unveiled a spinner who has ripped through every other batsman in the world since he came on. What are they gonna do on a greentop? They got caned by Australia in Brisbane and lost in Hobart too. To this "mediocre attack". And SAF ... really? They have Steyn ... Ntini has his moments, and Morkel has potential ... and then they have the "spinner" Paul Harris (ROFL) ... And a full strength Pakistani attack ... Well Sachin hammered Gul, Shoaib and Kaneria last year ... So I guess the one thats missing is Asif. So we'll see. Your points dont make any sense. Aussie attack is not what it used to be, but Sachin used to hammer the old one too. He has 9 test centuries and 8 ODI centuries against Australia. Which still has the no.1 bowler in the world today in Brett Lee, and a guy who averages in the low 20s in Stuart Clark

Are you serious? You are saying Sachin has struggled against WARNE???
He certainly didnt dominate Warney in 2004
Based on what ? One good series on home soil where they unveiled a spinner who has ripped through every other batsman in the world since he came on.
Based on the fact that they have the best attack in the world ! the greatest spinner ever, an excellent new ball bowler (Vaas) plus one extremely talented spinner and one of the most talented pacers(Malinga)..yes, best damn attack in the world in post McWarney era.
And SAF ... really? They have Steyn ... Ntini has his moments, and Morkel has potential ... and then they have the "spinner" Paul Harris (ROFL) ...
Name an attack thats better then...India ? No..NZ ? no..Pakistan ? maybe if we inclluded all their drug cheats..England ? no...WI ? no...so yes, RSA is one of the top 3 attacks in the world right now and has been for a while.
Well Sachin hammered Gul, Shoaib and Kaneria last year
What was his series average ?
but Sachin used to hammer the old one too.
USED to...hasnt hammered a good attack in aeons. Sachin is a has-been in tests...many many test players right now better than Sachin...many. You quoting how he's hammered McWarney 5-6 years ago is meaningless...i am not contesting that Sachin isnt a great batsman...he is a great batsman by career record...no questions..my point is, Sachin is a faded great...a has-been who's living off his former reputation in test cricket. And stats certainly shows this.