Reasons why Sachin should not be dropped

The biggest threat to SRT's career, is his own fragile body. Its hard to back a man, when he is in a form slump, regardless of his greatness, when you know that his one or two good series, will be followed by an injury, surgery, loss of form etc. This has been happening too predictably for a while now, for us not to believe that this cycle wont repeat in the future. Given his age, there is no workaround for his problems. The only way out is to reduce his workload. If he still has any hunger left, he must bid adieu to ODIs & T20 and focus on Test cricket. I'd even think, he must pick & choose Tests, as his frame wont let him last beyond a year at this rate.

Yes Sachin and co. had a bad series, but lets face it ... Sachin have been in good form over the past year. I personally am not one who believes in things like ... Sachin can not perform in 3rd innings or 4th innings or anything.I believe that if a batsman is in form, then these stats dont mean anything and can change. Form is everything, ... How do you think these stats develop in the first place? These stats develop as a result of a form slump. He has not scored well this series, but Sachin is most definitely in form. His footwork is still sharp, his shot selection is good, his timing is strong. It is difficult for any batsman to play a spinner that you cant read the ball, and you are kidding yourself if you think any batsman played Mendis or Murali comfortably. Gambhir and Sehwag scored more because they batted more against the pacemen. Even in Sehwag's 201, he had many many chances against Mendis. Even in these innings (bar the last one, where he played injured) Sachin looked pretty solid and then eventually misread one. Credit must go to these 2 bowlers for their relentlessness. The way the Indian ODI team struggled in the Asia cup final against Mendis proves that it doesnt matter how old u are, if you cant read a spinner, on a turning track ... ur a walking wicket. These stats change. I mean 18 months ago people said Sachin wont deliver in 2nd innings in ODIs. He played many memorable knocks in ODIs in 2nd innings in 2007. Then people said that he cant score against Australia, so he scored against Australia. Then they said he would never win us a tournament final overseas, so he wins us the CB series in Australia. Now they are saying he cant score in 3rd and 4th innings. He used to be able to do this, so its not a mental thing. His form is still pretty good, despite this series. Now, Sachin has a history of answering his critics and silencing them in fine fashion, time and time again. Do we really want him not there for the Australian series?
Sachin should NOT be dropped from Indian team. I say it again - SHOULD NOT. On the day when India wins its first historic Gold medal we have more than a 100 thread about Sachin tendulkar even though the man has failed gloriously! And I very much doubt if even 10% of those who have posted on Sachin have cared to discuss about Bindra. Talk of misdirected passion!!! So yes Sachin should NOT be dropped. In the very least this will ensure the worldwide web bandwidth is properly used. xxxx
:hysterical: Some fans keep defending even if God did zilch in the series! Now "luck factor" :giggle: For 6 consecutive inn, it was LUCK!!! :D Wait, 1st Match: "rusty", "out of practice" 2nd Match: "Luck eluded" 3rd Match: "Injury" Any other excuses?
Not one person asked for Sachin to be dropped prior to this series, in fact after last summer many were saying how Sachin is back in form. After one bad series, people are calling for his head ... in fact thats not even true ... no one is calling for his head ... you dont see any articles about Sachin being past it or anything do you ... No commentator is saying anything ... why do you think that is? Because they were all shown last year and early this year by Sachin to be wrong ... The only people that are asking for his head are a couple of people on this forum. Kallis had a bad series in ENG but no one is calling for his head. I dont see any cricketing journalist questioning Sachin's form ... No cricket commentator ... Not even Chappell or Manjrekar, who have done so in the past. Why do you think that is? Because they know when a batsman is in form, and when someone isnt.
Not one person asked for Sachin to be dropped prior to this series, in fact after last summer many were saying how Sachin is back in form. After one bad series, people are calling for his head ... in fact thats not even true ... no one is calling for his head ... you dont see any articles about Sachin being past it or anything do you ... No commentator is saying anything ... why do you think that is? Because they were all shown last year and early this year by Sachin to be wrong ... The only people that are asking for his head are a couple of people on this forum. Kallis had a bad series in ENG but no one is calling for his head. I dont see any cricketing journalist questioning Sachin's form ... No cricket commentator ... Not even Chappell or Manjrekar, who have done so in the past. Why do you think that is? Because they know when a batsman is in form, and when someone isnt.
Err, who called for his head? I was responding to the post which gave excuses like "bad luck"
Ok ... fair enough ... But I dont think he is out of form. he had a bad series yes ... but I feel he is just as likely as anyone else to make big scores against the Aussies in the next series
Maybe he will, but I feel the fab have to be rotated... 2 of them rested and then rotated.
BCCI shud arrange a series with bangladesh...couple of 200 * not out will bring back sachin average to 57 or even 60...
Hmm...DadaRocks, u even think like dada, score against Bangla in Tests, or Kenya, Zim, Bangla in ODI's and stay in the team :hysterical: