Team for 1st Test v Aussies 9/10/08

Keep the same team and hope that Mr Dhoni has had enough rest and has done enough advertisements so that he can replace the keeper. Obviously our players need to work hard to prepare and they should try to play as many domestic games as possible. To me, if Indians play decent cricket then all they need is "helpful pitches ". BCCI needs to learn something from the Lankan pitches and prepare the wickets that suit our bowlers.

Also ... Sehwag, Gambhir, Sachin , etc should not be captain because they are playing in the ODI side and being captained by Dhoni there, so it would be weird if all of a sudden in Tests they became captain and Dhoni was captained by them. If you are silly enough to drop Kumble (which itself is such a joke) ... then the only 2 options for captaincy are Laxman or Dhoni

Tactically, Ganguly was the best captain we have had. He could use his bowlers well, unfortunately he didnt have guys like Ishant, RP and Praveen Kumar at his disposal and had to rely on guys like Asish Nehra and Ajit Agarkar (incidently, Agarkar's best years were under Ganguly's captaincy) ... but yea its a joke making him captain now.

:haha: How can you tell anyone 'to retire'? Either they retire on their own or you drop 'em.. :D
Read between my lines. Thats what I mean give them option to retire with dignity, if they dont then axe them. However, I feel that tactically they Dada for one will announce he is retiring after oz series to allow a farewell series

He might have had been the most Tactful and Aggressive of our captains, but i think he had players in the teams who were in their prime, Rahul - Our Mr. Reliable, Kumble - Would finish them at will, VVS, Bhaj, so i would also say that he might have been our most successful captain, but it was not all his might. P.S.No Sachin here coz i think he still is in his prime, one innings and he will be back

What are the options? If Kumble stands down then whom? Only other contender is Sehwag! But I dont want captaincy to effect his batting and not sure his laid back style would suit. And as for Dhoni being skipper of the test side dont get me started
Why not Dhoni, come lets get it started !!! :--D
Is that what this is about? You got your little nutsack twisted because we were ranked at number two for a whole few weeks when I was talking about a period of years if not decades? You're acting like a jilted ex girl friend starved for attention. How lame of you.
not good for u take on dsr, who is a veteran with 4k+ runs and number of wickets, catches, drop catches, run outs and missed run outs. He is EXPERIENCED and yoiu are like baby mendis
Dhoni will be the captain. Be realistic.
I know he will be captain! Only sehwag can challenge him. My points were not who the selectors would pick but whom I wanted in the team and whom I would go for as skipper. I doubt selectors will axe any of the vets. I feel dada and Kumble may annonuce its their last series and selectors will not deny them their farewell games. But if they decide to carry on will the selectors eventually drop them? They cant surely carry on to england series can they?
He might have had been the most Tactful and Aggressive of our captains, but i think he had players in the teams who were in their prime, Rahul - Our Mr. Reliable, Kumble - Would finish them at will, VVS, Bhaj, so i would also say that he might have been our most successful captain, but it was not all his might. P.S.No Sachin here coz i think he still is in his prime, one innings and he will be back
wow wat a retard none of these players were in their prime. dravid was in distastrous form b4 the 180 at kolkota but ganguly still backed him till he came good laxmans place in the side was not certain but ganguly backed him and he came good in kolkata bhajji was selected on gangulys backing and he took 32 wickets in the series vs aus sehwag was made an opener in tests inder gangulys captaincy and as far as captaincy, care to answer ur "GOD's" glorious captaincy record:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: