Team for 1st Test v Aussies 9/10/08

My team Sehwag Gambhir-Captain Dravid Tendulkar Laxman Badrinath Dhoni-If he can be bothered to play! Harbhajhan Khan Mishra Sharma Kumble and Ganguly told to retire. Also in the mix for selection Sharma, Raina, RP and Sree! Not sure who should be captain? Am going for Gambhir who would be breath of fresh air! Discuss

No disrespect but coming up with a first 11 now for a test match series two months away where you have no idea who'll be fit, in form, what the pitch conditions are going to be like etc, etc, not to mention an ODI series as well as a major trophy still to go is just down right retarded.

No disrespect but coming up with a first 11 now for a test match series two months away where you have no idea who'll be fit' date=' in form, what the pitch conditions are going to be like etc, etc, not to mention an ODI series as well as a major trophy still to go is just down right retarded.[/quote'] Its a message board we are allowed to discuss for fun! So :finger: Next you will be saying cant discuss world 11s etc as well. We also can plan 2 months from now. I am sure selectors are having many thoughts right now about this!
Its a message board we are allowed to discuss for fun! So :finger: Next you will be saying cant discuss world 11s etc as well. We also can plan 2 months from now. I am sure selectors are having many thoughts right now about this!
It's not mandatory to create a new thread every time you have a brain wave, or a brain fart in this case.
My team Sehwag Gambhir-Captain Dravid Tendulkar Laxman Badrinath Dhoni-If he can be bothered to play! Harbhajhan Khan Mishra Sharma Kumble and Ganguly told to retire. Also in the mix for selection Sharma, Raina, RP and Sree! Not sure who should be captain? Am going for Gambhir who would be breath of fresh air! Discuss
The team is fine, but Gambhir's breath is too fresh. He needs to play a couple of more series before he is anointed captain. The way Sehwag is playing, he certainly should has the team's respect. Plus, he does not appear to be the sort who will let the trappings of captaincy affect his batting. Finally, he appears to be a risk-taker, and that may be a good thing for this team.
It's not mandatory to create a new thread every time you have a brain wave' date=' or a brain fart in this case.[/quote'] From the guy who started a whole thread based on that we were never ranked number 2 with Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman in the side. Then had to be informed by myself that until recently we were in fact ranked number 2! Now thats a brain fart of a thread and you should have had the dignity and self respect to close that thread down yourself!
From the guy who started a whole thread based on that we were never ranked number 2 with Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman in the side. Then had to be informed by myself that until recently we were in fact ranked number 2! Now thats a brain fart of a thread and you should have had the dignity and self respect to close that thread down yourself!
Is that what this is about? You got your little nutsack twisted because we were ranked at number two for a whole few weeks when I was talking about a period of years if not decades? You're acting like a jilted ex girl friend starved for attention. How lame of you.

1. Virender Sehwag 2. Gautam Gambhir 3. VVS Laxman/Aakash Chopra pending fitness 4. Sachin Tendulkar/S.Badrinath pending fitness 5. Sourav Ganguly 6. Rahul Dravid 7. MS Dhoni 8. Anil Kumble 9. Harbhajan Singh 10. Ishant Sharma 11. Munaf Patel When looking at possible other options... Amit Mishra's strong domestic season could have him as a reserve spinner, Irfan Pathan's batting average of 36.73 in India can have him as a possible batting reserve but his bowling average of 50.33 must be a concern. Zaheer Khan dropped based on bowling average of 40.09 at home with his one good home season coming far back in 2002.

I feel India are in a bit of a conundrum. Is a series against the number 1 side time to be testing out maybe's, i guess the argument could involve a "they cant do any worse" attitude, but we all know the experience of the the fab 4 and what they are capable of, but you would be selecting on a hope rather than a recent form indication. Or do you hedge your bets that the oldies will fire despite a lackluster year and keep the youth on the sidelines for another series, lacking experience in the test arena, sooner or later they will have to be tried, is it a case of sooner rather than later is better?