Ranji Trophy, Super League, 2008-09

Chandan

SRT-shud he play in domestic matches? i remember reading an article in hindu, after Bombay bulldozed to a 10 wicket win in the wills trophy finals in 1996, if i am not wrong-The writer was wondering whether SRT should be allowed to represent Mumbai in domestic matches.in that paticular final, Srt and Sanjay Manjrekar opened the innings chasing 180 odd and won with an unbeaten partnership. Sachin scored 100 at less than run a ball and after his hundred he slowed down, Manjrekar scored 70 odd. preceding year, in the NKP Salve challenger series among 3 indian teams- senior/junior/ one more young team- he scored 3 innings at roughly 140 strike rate, 3 fifty plus scores prompting cricket writers to wonder whether the bowlers would be judged fairly when he is in such a mood! so happy to see him scoring quick, especially playing those shots which were consigned to the archives, again. will catch up the highlights in between my wife watching teary tamil serials tonight!:--D

i remember reading an article in hindu, after Bombay bulldozed to a 10 wicket win in the wills trophy finals in 1996, if i am not wrong-The writer was wondering whether SRT should be allowed to represent Mumbai in domestic matches.in that paticular final, Srt and Sanjay Manjrekar opened the innings chasing 180 odd and won with an unbeaten partnership. Sachin scored 100 at less than run a ball and after his hundred he slowed down, Manjrekar scored 70 odd. preceding year, in the NKP Salve challenger series among 3 indian teams- senior/junior/ one more young team- he scored 3 innings at roughly 140 strike rate, 3 fifty plus scores prompting cricket writers to wonder whether the bowlers would be judged fairly when he is in such a mood! so happy to see him scoring quick, especially playing those shots which were consigned to the archives, again. will catch up the highlights in between my wife watching teary tamil serials tonight!:--D
god! Why do ppl choose to suffer thro' watching such cra.p! regarding SRT - yes he and other intl players must regularly play domestics.

I remember the same argument in the papers in the 1994/5 Ranji season when Tendulkar made 859 runs in 856 balls in 7 innings, with 5x100 and a 97. Some where scored in tough conditions. The quarter final against TN ended before lunch on the third day - TN 118 & 190 Bombay 330 - Tendulkar 166. In the final, he just missed scoring century before lunch in *both* innings. That was his last proper Ranji season.

Tighten up the technique:

156.3 BN Jadeja to Sharma, FOUR, edged but flies past lunging keeper, Sagar Jogiyani. Rohit played away from the body, without quite leaning into the shot.
Does it then.
156.4 BN Jadeja to Sharma, FOUR, That's how you play that shot. Gets it right second time. It was full pitched outside off stump and Rohit caresses it through wide mid-off region. He leaned purrfectly into the shot.