It seems all over for Asif as his ‘B’ sample tests positive!!

Feed

Guest dada_rocks

आसिफ मिआँ ने तो पूरे मुल्क को एहसास-ऐ-कमतरी का शिकार बना दिया है | पर ख़ुद बेशर्मी की इन्तेहाँ पार कर गए फिर भी शर्म न आई | कहते हैं न शर्म तो है मुझको पर आती नहीं |

i was listening to the WADA representative in Pakistan...and he told that Lab sends the name of the substance found in the test..so PCB, Asif and IPL has the name of the drug that was found in Asif's Urine.. and according to a High-level official in PCB...that substance is NANDROLONE... :haha::haha: we all know..Asif had injury..and to earn the IPL money..he had to play at least 4 games...and to recover quickly..he took the Drug..as it was the case the first time..when he took it.... we all know..Nandrolone helps in quick healing...

Asif is asking for sample b to be tested. wouldnt they have tested sample B irrespective of what mr asif wants ? Any advice for Asif; if you have taken it then accept it like a man, serve the ban or whatever he gets; use that time to get back in shape and try making an explosive comeback. Noone is buying your i am a villager, didnt know wht i was taking or wht crap i had in my wallet , story.

Asif is asking for sample b to be tested. wouldnt they have tested sample B irrespective of what mr asif wants ? Any advice for Asif; if you have taken it then accept it like a man, serve the ban or whatever he gets; use that time to get back in shape and try making an explosive comeback. Noone is buying your i am a villager, didnt know wht i was taking or wht crap i had in my wallet , story.
this is one place were pleading guilty gets you proper fracked... stick with not guilty, and receive a regulatory punishment. the penalization for acknowledged abuse of banned substances is a severe offense and usually the WADA throws the book at you...
not quite... sample b is tested if the player requests it so. if he/she does not ask for testing sample b, it an indication of admission of guilt and as i pointed out in my last post, that means you knew that the substances you injected/engulfed were banned... a rather serious offense.
]not quite... sample b is tested if the player requests it so. if he/she does not ask for testing sample b' date= it an indication of admission of guilt and as i pointed out in my last post, that means you knew that the substances you injected/engulfed were banned... a rather serious offense.
Didnt know that. So basically if a player goes for sample B testing and still found guilty not only are you a cheat and liar but also shameless B* with no morals . Yup sums up Asif quiet well.
Didnt know that. So basically if a player goes for sample B testing and still found guilty not only are you a cheat and liar but also shameless B* with no morals . Yup sums up Asif quiet well.
its the SOP... you dont want to draw too many conclusions from it. usually confessing leads to a reduced sentence, but here, confessing indicates premeditation... which always carries a serious offense. pleading not guilty indicates ignorance of the law or lack of knowledge... not adequate for a defense, but less severe than premeditation. you wont pleade guilty to a charge of premeditated crime would you now?

IPL did not breach WADA confidentiality clause NEW DELHI: In disclosing the name of Pakistani cricketer Mohammad Asif as the player who had tested positive during the recent edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), the IPL or the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) did not ... More... Sport IPL did not breach WADA confidentiality clause Special Correspondent NEW DELHI: In disclosing the name of Pakistani cricketer Mohammad Asif as the player who had tested positive during the recent edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), the IPL or the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) did not breach the confidentiality clause of the World Anti-Doping Code. The IPL did, however, violate its own anti-doping code in naming the player. A report from Karachi, quoting a Pakistani official, had stated on Monday that the IPL had made a deviation from the WADA Code in publicly disclosing Asif’s name before his ‘B’ sample was tested. The code The WADA Code says: “14.2 Public disclosure: The identity of athletes whose samples have resulted in adverse analytical findings or athletes or other persons who were alleged by an anti-doping organization to have violated other anti-doping rules, may be publicly disclosed by the anti-doping organization with results management responsibility no earlier than completion of the administrative review described in Articles 7.1 and 7.2…” Article 7.1: “Initial review regarding adverse analytical findings: Upon receipt of an ‘A’ sample adverse analytical finding, the anti-doping organization responsible for results management shall conduct a review to determine whether: (a) an applicable therapeutic use exemption has been granted or (b) there is any apparent departure from the International Standards for Testing or laboratory analysis that undermines the validity of the adverse analytical finding.” Article 7.2: “Notification after initial review: If the initial review under Article 7.1 does not reveal an applicable therapeutic use exemption or departure that undermines the validity of the adverse analytical finding, the anti-doping organization shall promptly notify the athlete, in the manner set out in its rules, of: (a) the adverse analytical finding; (b) the anti-doping rule violated; or, in a case under Article 7.3, a description of the additional investigation that will be conducted as to whether there is an anti-doping rule violation; © the athlete’s right to promptly request the analysis of the ‘B’ sample or, failing such request, that the ‘B’ sample analysis may be deemed waived; (d) the right of the athlete and/or the athlete’s representative to attend the ‘B’ sample opening and analysis if such analysis is requested and (e) the athlete’s right to request copies of the ‘A’ and ‘B’ sample laboratory documentation package which includes information as required by the International Standard for laboratory analysis.” Unless someone can prove that the IPL or the Board disclosed to the media, officially, the name of the Pakistani cricketer before the IPL had a chance to inform the player, his home board and franchisee, there is no way anyone can pin a breach of WADA rules on IPL. Other factor The only other factor could be if the substance happens to be one that is also endogenously produced, for example testosterone. In that case, if there was no validation through an Isotope Ratio Measurement Spectrometry (IRMS), then further investigation would be required, leading to a delay in naming the athlete. As for the IPL code, the situation becomes different and there is a clear breach. Says IPL anti-doping code (16.2): “Public disclosure: Neither IPL nor Franchisees shall publicly identify cricket players whose samples have resulted in adverse analytical findings, or who were alleged to have violated other clauses of this anti-doping code until it has been determined in a hearing in accordance with clause 8 (results management) that an anti-doping code violation has occurred, or such hearing has been waived, or the assertion of an anti-doping code violation has been timely challenged or the cricketer has been provisionally suspended. Once a violation of this anti-doping code has been established, it shall be publicly reported within 20 days.” A little caution on the part of IPL would have been in order, considering its inexperience. A few more days to complete ‘B’ sample procedures, would not have mattered, no matter how much of speculation the media would have indulged in. Considering Asif’s recent detention in Dubai, it is worth looking into the implications of such a drug turning up in urine analysis. Opium (morphine) comes under the S7 (narcotics) category in the prohibited list. It will attract a two-year suspension. On the other hand, cannabinoids (eg. hashish) come under the S8 category and this group of recreational drugs also comes under ‘specified substances.’ If a player can prove that the use of a ‘specified substance’ was not intended to enhance performance, he may escape with just a warning at a minimum or a maximum one-year suspension.

Asif may have used recreational drugs: PCB sources It may not be anabolic steroid that got Asif in trouble, but hallucinating drug, which he may not have mentioned in TUE form. More... Asif may have used recreational drugs: PCB sources K Shriniwas Rao Posted online: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 1041 hrs IST Mumbai, July 16: : Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Asif, who has been suspended indefinitely by the Pakistan Cricket Board after his IPL misdemeanour, might well have tested positive for a recreational drug rather than a performance-enhancing one, sources in the PCB said. Even recreational drugs such as opium and hashish come under the World Anti Doping Agency?s list of banned substances. Asif had tested positive for Nandrolone, a performance-enhancing substance, just before the 2006 Champions Trophy in India, but his two-year ban was reduced after another test was carried out ahead of the World Twenty20 in South Africa. The fast bowler has pleaded ignorance ever since the IPL test came out positive, saying he was sure he had been careful not to take any performance-enhancing substances, even by mistake. ?It may not be an anabolic steroid that got him in trouble, but a hallucinating drug, which he may not have mentioned in his TUE form (Therapeutic Use Exemption),? says the official. While Dr Sohail Salil, the PCB doctor who has been with the Pakistan national team for a more than two seasons and has personally been involved with players while filling TUE forms and educating them on the list of banned drugs, did not want to comment on the issue, the fact that Asif had been recently detained at the Dubai airport for allegedly possessing opium only adds to the intrigue. Sources in Pakistan say that the late coach Bob Woolmer had time and again warned Asif not to indulge in illegal drug abuse and a PCB official claims that it is this very habit of Asif that may have put him in trouble. ?A lot of cricketers do smoke and some tend to get carried away using these substances,? he said. Dr Kannan Pugazhendi, a senior sports medicine expert from Chennai, who had toured with the Indian team to West Indies in 1976, says, ?Drugs like opium, hash and marijuana fall under WADA?s Narcotic list of banned substances and can also mask pain caused by injuries.?

i don't understand this "May Have" or "perhaps"... its clearly stated in the rule of WADA that Lab would inform the suspected player, Parent Body about the name od the drug for which the player was tested positive. so Asif and PCB and BCCI as well..very well know..the name of the drug found in Asif's Urine test. PCB should come out clean on this...or may be they are waiting for the B sample test to come out as well.. what a disgrace..these dopeys are to this great game of cricket...

He does not have a choice but ask for a B test and pray that it turns out negative.
its highly unlikely that the 'B' sample will come negative. the 'B ssample is just the same stuff in a different bottle. when teh sample is given, its divided into 2 and put in seperate bottles. The 'B' sample is only testsed to rule out contamination to one sample. You dont really think it meant that he would give a fresh sample now, 2 months after the incident? they wouldnt catch any recreational drugs even 2 weeks after its taken.

I am aware of that MTC, but there have been examples in the past where B samples have tested negative following a positive testing of A sample. That's the reason why the system keeps a back up sample...to eliminated mistakes. But I honestly dont think it was a mistake. The fact that he was subsequently arrested in Dubai in possession of drug adds up so well. I only hope that he does not get away yet again.

Breaking News: Now that the PCB has backed down from providing assistance to the Pakistani fast bowler, Asif has sought private legal counsul who have found a suitable representative to accompany the B sample test and act on behalf of Asif's best interests. There is much rumour and speculation that this representative is the so called "Hakim" that prescribed medicinal remedies to Asif on prior occasions: Here's an AP photo of Asif's Hakim: menem.JPG"Asif, bwai, whyee yoo nah led me check dat dem dere B sample yoo-rin, mon?"

Asif tested positive for nandrolone: Lawyer Controversial pacer Mohammad Asif had tested positive for nandrolone, his lawyer Shahid Karim said. More... Asif tested positive for nandrolone: Lawyer Friday, 18 July , 2008, 13:03 Lahore: Controversial pacer Mohammad Asif had tested positive for nandrolone, his lawyer Shahid Karim said. ''The substance is nandrolone. He is really shocked by the development and we are seeking a 'B' sample test,'' Karim told mediapersons. ''We will fight the case because we believe that our client has not taken any drug,'' he added. ''We will ask for the 'B' sample to be tested and do whatever is required to clear Asif's name.'' The PCB has adopted a tough line on the issue since this is Asif's third instance of involvement with drugs. He had also tested positive for nandrolone in 2006, but had a two-year ban reduced to a year on appeal. Last month, he was detained in Dubai for 19 days after a banned substance was found in his wallet. The positive test in the IPL means Asif is facing the possibility of a life ban. Karim, however, is confident Asif will be able to clear his name. ''Asif is a talented bowler and wants to play for his country,'' he stated. ''He is confident that he will get out of this trouble and play again for the country.''