Best one-liner in a long time

Holysmoke

"Boycott can say what he wants. He once batted the whole day and hit just one four" Virender Sehwag takes recourse to history to hit back after Geoff Boycott referred to him as "talented but brainless" Sep 13, 2008 :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
well done veeru bhai :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

Marris, I think you have just proved my point. How many of those headlines have anything to do with terror in the major cities of Pakistan? People in the major citieslike Faisalabad, Lahore, Karachi etc are living as normally as they are in Delhi. As Shehzada mentioned that Indians have visited Pakistan three times in the last 4 years and the tours have been very succesful with the Indian players being treated even better than the Pakistani players. Only a couple of months ago they all spent a day at the theme park in Karachi and then the next day(or the day after)a few of them also headed to the beach and spent the night there.

Marris, I think you have just proved my point. How many of those headlines have anything to do with terror in the major cities of Pakistan? People in the major citieslike Faisalabad, Lahore, Karachi etc are living as normally as they are in Delhi. As Shehzada mentioned that Indians have visited Pakistan three times in the last 4 years and the tours have been very succesful with the Indian players being treated even better than the Pakistani players. Only a couple of months ago they all spent a day at the theme park in Karachi and then the next day(or the day after)a few of them also headed to the beach and spent the night there.
But the point remains that Pakistan has been in news for all the wrong reasons.
But the point remains that Pakistan has been in news for all the wrong reasons.
Read the comment "Delhi is not like Pakistan. For us today, it is back to a normal routine. There is no place in the world that is completely safe, even America. I think the Australians should tour" why were even the forigners(his teammates and possibly Sehwag himself too) visiting theme parks and beaches when Delhi is NOT like Pakistan and life NOT back to normal?
Marris, I think you have just proved my point. How many of those headlines have anything to do with terror in the major cities of Pakistan? People in the major citieslike Faisalabad, Lahore, Karachi etc are living as normally as they are in Delhi.
And when did I say anything about terror in big cities like Pakistan or how Pakistan is uninhabitale for its normal citizens? All of us here recognize that for 99% of Pakistani people, life goes on as normally like people of most other countries. All of us here have been alluding the fact of how Pakistan enjoys a very dubious reputation in other countries, especially the West. Its in the news for all wrong reasons. So, if a Western country refuses to tour Pakistan or an Indian player makes an uncharitable remark on Pakistan, you guys must understand where these decisions and statements come out from. Its better to start looking internally, rather than point fingers at others for being unjustified.
And when did I say anything about terror in big cities like Pakistan or how Pakistan is uninhabitale for its normal citizens?.
You didn't..Sehwag did.
Its better to start looking internally' date=' rather than point fingers at others for being unjustified.[/quote'] Fully agree with that and thats exactly what i did i gave an example of forigen players and their tours in Pakistan, one of them as recent as July 2008.
are you telling me that normal Pakistani citizens don't go to theme parks and only the forigeners do....and are forgien cricketers safe in PAK due to the heavy security?
They do...at the risk of being killed by a suicide bomber. It can happen. Foreigners (ie; visiting sports teams) don't have to worry about that because they are given a high level security.
You didn't..Sehwag did
No didnt. He was only echoing the sentiments of millions of people around the world that Pakistan is an unsafe country, heavily affected by the problem of Islamic fundementalism. But, thats not the impression the people of the world have of India. They see India as a rising global power and as a stable democracy in an unstable neighborhood. Come to terms with reality MP, you're living in denial. You can cover your face with your hands and obstruct your view of the world, but that doesnt mean the outside world cant see you. Pakistan has a serious reputation problem, which is why many people dont consider it safe, irrespective of whether they know about the ground realities or not.
so AUS should have toured?
They could have toured, but the pakis should stop b itching and accept their decision. You can't blame them for refusing to tour - even if they are granted high level security - because Pakistan is a very dangerous and unsafe place, swarming with terrorists and suicide bombers that thrive in a politically unstable environment. Nobody is completely safe - the Kiwis found that out on their tour of PAK back in '02. Sure, nothing serious has happened yet, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of an attack occurring anytime in the future, given the violent nature of this country. Always better to be safe than be sorry.
No didnt. He was only echoing the sentiments of millions of people around the world that Pakistan is an unsafe country, heavily affected by the problem of Islamic fundementalism. But, thats not the impression the people of the world have of India. They see India as a rising global power and as a stable democracy in an unstable neighborhood. Come to terms with reality MP, you're living in denial. You can cover your face with your hands and obstruct your view of the world, but that doesnt mean the outside world cant see you. Pakistan has a serious reputation problem, which is why many people dont consider it safe, irrespective of whether they know about the ground realities or not.
I get the impression that you are ignoring Sehwag's statement and also my posts.
They could have toured' date=' but the pakis should stop b itching and accept their decision. You can't blame them for refusing to tour - even if they are granted high level security - because Pakistan is a very dangerous and unsafe place, swarming with terrorists and suicide bombers that thrive in a politically unstable environment. Nobody is completely safe - the Kiwis found that out on their tour of PAK back in '02. Sure, nothing serious has happened yet, but that doesn't rule out the [i']possibility of an attack occurring anytime in the future, given the violent nature of this country. Always better to be safe than be sorry.
They do...at the risk of being killed by a suicide bomber. It can happen. Foreigners (ie; visiting sports teams) don't have to worry about that because they are given a high level security.
I am done.
I get the impression that you are ignoring Sehwag's statement and also my posts.
I get the impression that you're not putting enough effort to fully understand what I am saying. Bottom line; Dont attack foreigners if they make unjustified statements about your country. After all, all of them speak from what they see on the news, both print and electronic. And that very same print and electronic media, worldwide, is filled with negative news about Pakistan. And each and every one of those news items shape public opinion. You cant expect ordinary citizens to go on a fact finding tour to Pakistan to discover ground realities. Sehwag’s statement may have been factually wrong, but one can understand why he said, what he said. Now, how many more paragraphs of explanation do you need to understand this?
I get the impression that you're not putting enough effort to fully understand what I am saying. Bottom line; Dont attack foreigners if they make unjustified statements about your country. After all, all of them speak from what they see on the news, both print and electronic. And that very same print and electronic media, worldwide, is filled with negative news about Pakistan. And each and every one of those news items shape public opinion. You cant expect ordinary citizens to go on a fact finding tour to Pakistan to discover ground realities. Sehwag’s statement may have been factually wrong, but one can understand why he said, what he said. Now, how many more paragraphs of explanation do you need to understand this?
maray bhai for one last time Sehwag was IN Pakistan a couple of months ago.
maray bhai for one last time Sehwag was IN Pakistan a couple of months ago.
Yes, So? Even George Bush goes to Iraq every now and then. That doesnt say too much about Iraq does it? I understand your point of 'Why would a player, who had just played a tournament in Pakistan without any trouble make that statement?', but that still doesnt discount the overall negative impression people of the world have of Pakistan.
amazingly not a single indian poster with a straight face has said that sehwag crossed the line.
Sehwag has crossed the line. I actually mean it. An "I dont know", "thats not my job, other people will take care of it" or "ask xyz official" is enough when asked about these sorts of questions. The Boycott comment was class but this wasnt.
Sehwag has crossed the line. I actually mean it. An "I dont know", "thats not my job, other people will take care of it" or "ask xyz official" is enough when asked about these sorts of questions. The Boycott comment was class but this wasnt.
And why? Someone asks whether your city is a safe place to visit and you avoid the question saying "I dont know"? That sends the very wrong signal you dont want to send.