PCB sells it's soul for $$$$$

Fontaine

i think its a damn good move on PCB's part and the one that i suggested a week or so earlier in an another thread as well. i think they will keep on playing all the sub-continental teams in Pakistan, but most likely will have to stage all other teams in dubai.....with dubai having a large desi population i think we might have more people showing up for the games there than what we have seen in Pakistan lately.... this decision would serve pakistan cricket well and your caption for this thread ' PCB sells it's soul for $$$$$' is truly pathetic!!!
It might turn out to be a sound decision financially, since Dubai has relatively well to do desi population. But what about the fans in Pakistan dude ? Kinda sucks for them, right ?
It might turn out to be a sound decision financially' date=' since Dubai has relatively well to do desi population. But what about the fans in Pakistan dude ? Kinda sucks for them, right ?[/quote'] it does, but what choice do we have yar? at least this way we will AT LEASE see them playing.
i think ind- pak series will be played in pak stadium will be completed after that . i'm not sure tho
this is what it says on cricinfo: Naghmi said the stadium is likely to be completed in February 2009 and will host a tri-series involving Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in April. For the next two years, the team will be participating in Twenty20 events. to me this sound like that will just play T20 and few other matches every now and then....quite confusing...

Pakistan had been playing their 'home' games in the Middle East for a number of years against the likes of Australia before. Its nothing new. In between this, they had hardened their stance on the games being played only in Pakistan in order to persuade the western countries to come to Pakistan. However, it didnt work out for Pakistan and they seem to have retreated to their old ways of playing there be it Abu Dhabi or now Dubai.