the reason why I believe Sachin will choose his own retirement time

Many people have spoken about him selfishly hanging on. I am of the belief that this is not the case. The reason I am saying this is, if you look at the main reasons most people hang on ... its because of money and records. Now if you take someone like sachin ... he collected over $1m in the IPL , and would surely be getting 5 times as much in sponsorships that would continue even after he retired. also, with someone like sachin, he is absolutely guaranteed a media position whenever he wants one. so long after he retires , he will still continue to rake in a hefty salary. he could simply play IPL and join guys like warne, gilly and mcgrath. Clearly, the guy still wants to play Test cricket and represent his country. Now the second reason, would be records. A couple include the most Test runs and the most Test centuries ... The former he is 77 runs away from and the latter is already his (but Ponting and Kallis are lurking in the mix). My view is, if the guy's main motivation is to score as many runs as possible for his country , I dont see that as a bad thing, especially in Test cricket (where SR is less relevant). Its not like he is only performing against minnows, and averaging in the low 20s against everyone else. If his form starts to deteriorate and he knows he wont be able to play as well as he should (then given the vast array of other options that could still generate substantial financial support for him), I am sure a guy like Sachin has too much pride to let himself just wane out like that. I am sure if his form starts to significantly deteriorate, the guy would look to salvage his pride and step down gracefully. Its not like 10-15 years ago when things such as IPL and ICL didnt exist and Indian cricket wasnt generating as much revenue as it is today. Today there are many more options for a retiring player and Sachin would def. have taken these into account when contemplating his career.