Ganguly will get his answer after the series

SachDan

MUMBAI: Former Chief selector Dilip Vengasarkar said on Friday that he would refrain from responding to Sourav Ganguly's outburst against the selectors till the end of the current series against Australia as it could divert the team's focus. "I won't answer him now as this is not the right time because India are in the middle of a Test series (against Australia) and it might affect the focus of the team," Vengsarkar said. "But I will definitely answer him after the series is over. He will get more than what he has asked for," he added. :nervous: Ganguly hit out at selectors for the way he had been treated and said he decided to retire to save himself the humiliation of being treated as the "sacrificial goat" all the time. "There is no point playing like this. I am not willing to play at their (selectors') mercy. They will pick you now and then dump you. Why should I be the sacrificial goat all the time? It was difficult to accept," said Ganguly, who announced his retirement from international cricket on Tuesday. Vengsarkar also said the BCCI would look into the matter and find out what Ganguly had told the Bengali daily. "All I had said yesterday (to a TV channel) is that if he had said anything (on selection), the BCCI will look into it," he said. The News 24 Channel in a press release late on Thurdsday night quoted Vengsarkar as saying "Sourav should stay away from making any statements till he is playing as they will create unnecessary controversies." He also said "that BCCI should take some strict action against this as such statements are needless and can affect the morale and spirit of the whole squad".

"By saying all these things, he has not helped himself and I don't think he has helped the harmony in the dressing room. All that he had to say, he could have said that after the series was over." Sunil Gavaskar criticises the timing of Sourav Ganguly's outburst on the humiliation of being dropped

No one needs to respond to Ganguly's outbursts. His sloppy, retarded fielding really says it all. It's embarressing as an Indian fan to know that every Australian batsmen is given specific instructions to target this dodo on the field because they can get extra runs. How disheartening it must be for the bowlers to know that every time they bowl well they have to carry a monkey on their backs called Ganguly?

No one needs to respond to Ganguly's outbursts. His sloppy, retarded fielding really says it all. It's embarressing as an Indian fan to know that every Australian batsmen is given specific instructions to target this dodo on the field because they can get extra runs. How disheartening it must be for the bowlers to know that every time they bowl well they have to carry a monkey on their backs called Ganguly?
Fontaine, don't be too harsh..guy has at the most four tests left. Lets see whether he can perform with the bat to cover up for all those runs he leaked while fielding.

Ganguly does have a point though, why is he the only scapegoat to justify failures? His record has been outstanding in tests since 2006 except for the SL series. Dont forget his main job is to get runs and he has done that. Why is this pressure not being put on Kumble? He showed no guts in SL and he should be put in the same boat as Ganguly.

Ganguly does have a point though' date=' why is he the only scapegoat to justify failures? His record has been outstanding in tests since 2006 except for the SL series. Dont forget his main job is to get runs and he has done that. Why is this pressure not being put on Kumble? He showed no guts in SL and he should be put in the same boat as Ganguly.[/quote'] Amen! The timing of his statement was a bit off, but he is being singled out for special treatment. If performance is the sole criteria a lot of people in the team are in the same boat.
Ganguly does have a point though' date=' why is he the only scapegoat to justify failures? His record has been outstanding in tests since 2006 except for the SL series. Dont forget his main job is to get runs and he has done that. Why is this pressure not being put on Kumble? He showed no guts in SL and he should be put in the same boat as Ganguly.[/quote'] Why was Laxman the only batting scapegoat during Gangulys tenure as captain?? Why was Kumble the bowling scapegoat during Gangulys tenure as Captain?? Agreed their form was a little indifferent. Why is it that Ganguly is crying like a little girl when he is on the receiving end? Above all when he was captain he did enjoy a good 3 years as the passenger in the team. And lets face it, Ganguly has degraded to one of the worst fielders in the world, if not the worst. And from what i saw yesterday with Gangulys fielding, it seemed like he didn't care... Even a 37 year Kumble was looking like Jhonty in front of his effort. PS: I am not a Ganguly hater, I used to be a very big fan of Ganguly and his off-side play but he has been carrying himself with the least amount of dignity over the past few years (ever since he was dropped). His constant whining in the media as how he has been treated unfairly...
Fontaine, don't be too harsh..guy has at the most four tests left. Lets see whether he can perform with the bat to cover up for all those runs he leaked while fielding.
Dude, you watch the next time Australia is batting in this series and you will constantly see batsmen calling for easy singles and calling for the 2nd one early when they target Ganguly. The commentators, fans, other players, constantly see it. Take mental note of how many runs he gives away and in a long innings it'll be anything from 30-40 runs. Hussey practically bled him for easy runs for half a day. You know what kind of affect that has on a team? The fact is, you'll see this repeating when Ganguly bats and can't pinch singles and quick runs like Gambhir, Dhoni etc can. It's no wonder the one day team is doing so much better without being burdened by this clown. He was ONCE a very good batsmen but the hype and media attention around this guy is amazing. Remember how Ganguly used to tremble whenever some one bowled a bouncer at him? His flaws were always there but for some strange reason people blindedly followed this clown when it's clear the game of cricket had passed him by.