Gilly lashes out at Sachin, calls him a bad sport, liar.

Holysmoke

As I suspected. Rather renders your assessment nonsensical, doesn't it.
You don't have to eat the whole jar of cookies to realize it is moldy. Similarly, you don't have to read the whole book to realize it is crappy. I suspect you don't read much - i do. Maybe if you did read a bit ( you are retired- you should have the time to read) you'd learn to appraise the literary style of a book within the first half dozen pages.

A (single) book, perhaps - although I'd give most more than 6 pages - but you are condemming ALL books by ex-sportsmen. They are usually writing about their careers or tours, not attempting to re-write War & Peace. Why the ridiculous comparisons ? You also suspect I don't read much and that I'm retired - both assumptions with no actual basis in fact.

hey Donny ... did u ever actually respond to what I said? ... about the NO PROOF. Your talking about random posters having a joke about Gilly's wife and kids which I dont condone, but cannot really stop. Bottom line is ... The Aussies have yet to digest the fact that they couldnt mount a case against Bhajji. No proof. Even Symonds wasnt sure. Yet they couldnt take the fact that someone who had nothing to prove that he was guilty (and I am not saying I know he didnt say 'monkey', because I dont), was let off. As a result, the Aussies looked to blame everybody else ... BCCI, Tendulkar ... even Judge Hansen.

but you are condemming ALL books by ex-sportsmen
Find me one that is written like a class author - hell, i'll settle for even Mark Twain quality.
They are usually writing about their careers or tours, not attempting to re-write War & Peace. Why the ridiculous comparisons ?
There is no ridiculous comparison- i am obviously not comparing the material, just the writing style- which is independent of the material. Most books by ex-sportsmen would get a failing grade in writing skills in 2nd year English in most universities. Thats how pathetic their writing is. I dunno where you got 're-writing war& peace' comparison from - the names i dropped was to signify the quality of the writing style - which i am yet to encounter from an ex sportsman that is above the quality reserved for emergency toilet-paper.
Find me one that is written like a class author - hell, i'll settle for even Mark Twain quality. There is no ridiculous comparison- i am obviously not comparing the material, just the writing style- which is independent of the material. Most books by ex-sportsmen would get a failing grade in writing skills in 2nd year English in most universities. Thats how pathetic their writing is. I dunno where you got 're-writing war& peace' comparison from - the names i dropped was to signify the quality of the writing style - which i am yet to encounter from an ex sportsman that is above the quality reserved for emergency toilet-paper.
How would Neitzche, Hemmingway, Tolstoy, Huxley, Gibran etc. be judged if they played a game of cricket ? Ex-sportsmen don't CLAIM to be great writers or that their books are masterpieces. They are simply responding to an approach by a publisher (usually) to write an autobiography or an account of a particular tour. These books sell. Not because they're literary classics but because fans like them. End of story. :regular_smile:
Hey people, I am a writer of sorts and I 've been working on a book based on cricketers for the last 89 years. Yes, i am that old. But anyway, i have done immense research, hired gigolos and even slept with a few cricketers to get the connections and have been buried myself in their world for that last 42 years. Now that my book is almost complete, I would like to share with you people, some snippets that will make it very interesting to read. Since the topic is about Adam Gilchrist, I will start with something that he will never reveal to the world. Adam Gilchirst ,or atleast that’s what he is by day, is a self-confessed (to me in a drunken orgy) is a cross dressing transvestite with no facial hair who spends most of his life in drunken stupor after his failed romance with Ponting (again, courtesy moi). He is extremely a sad and lonely bloke. If someone from here wants to hook up with him, please give me a call. I will do the mandatory junk size screening. Lara had an affair with Mcgraths wife and so did Eddo Brandes. And I had one with Mila Kunis, which is go into in great details and has dedicated 2 chapters on that very subject. In 1989, Ian Botham sent his Mother in law to Pakistan. At one point in his career, Grahame Smith didn’t wear a watch; he decided what time it was. And that is all, unfortunately, my publisher would like me to divulge. Now go and buy my book “Xinhua Zidian : The truth that leads to eternal life and anal sexâ€
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Now, where did that chicken farmer come from?
I couldn't care less what Bhajji said or didn't say. I wouldn't mind an obnoxious little weed like him in my team. :regular_smile:
You called it a great post by Lurker ... Lurker's post addressed many of these issues, to which I responded. So that led me to believe you had an opinion on these issues.

some updates on Cricinfo Adam Gilchrist on Sydney Test 'Tendulkar told Procter he heard some abuse' Cricinfo staff October 24, 2008 Rajeev Shukla of the BCCI feels Adam Gilchrist will only tarnish his own image if he makes such revelations © Getty Images Indian cricket officials have criticised Adam Gilchrist, the former Australian wicketkeeper, for questioning Sachin Tendulkar’s honesty during the controversial Sydney Test last year. MV Sridhar, the Indian team manager on the tour, has added a twist to the saga by offering a different version to Gilchrist of what Tendulkar had said. "During the hearing in front of Mike Procter, the match referee, during the Sydney Test, Tendulkar told him that he had heard some form of abuse,” Sridhar told Cricinfo. “But Procter didn't probe any further and left matters at that. But subsequently in front of Justice Hansen, when both parties were cross-examined by legal counsel, Tendulkar said that he had heard Harbhajan say teri maa ki but clarified that it was an abbreviated form of an abuse." :omg: Sridhar was present at both hearings after the Test, first with the ICC match referee Mike Procter and then with Justice John Hansen. Gilchrist's contention, as highlighted in the published extract of his upcoming autobiography, True Colours, was that Tendulkar initially said he couldn't hear what Harbhajan said. Sridhar questioned the timing of Gilchrist’s revelations and said he used the incident merely to get cheap publicity for his book. “It is absurd that he [Gilchrist] is speaking after almost a year after the incident,” he said. “It's just a cheap marketing gimmick to sell the book. Why did he try to go public now because he realised the importance of the moment like the India-Australia series which has gained Ashes-like proportions?" He said he was surprised at how Symonds, who claimed he was racially abused by Harbhajan with a Hindi word, got away despite admitting that he got into a heated discussion with him. Symonds saw Harbhajan hitting Brett Lee on the backside so he stepped in and “had a bit of a crack at Harbhajan”, telling him exactly what he thought of his antics. Harbhajan was initially banned for three Tests but his punishment was overturned on appeal. BCCI vice-president Rajiv Shukla said it won’t pursue any action against Gilchrist. “I think it is better to ignore Gilchrist’s comments,” Shukla said. “The only one to lose respect will be him, not Tendulkar.” Niranjan Shah, the BCCI secretary at that time, felt Gilchrist "wants to sensationalise the incidents" to sell his book. "Everything was properly handled by the authorities with the appointment of proper men to conduct the hearing after a proper procedure was put in place. After the matter is over, to claim these things in the book is nothing but foolishness."

In relation to the whole Harbhajan matter ... no one knows whether he said it or not' date= but under any legal system , the motto is "Innocent until proven guilty" So ... WHERE IS THE PROOF THAT HE SAID "MONKEY" ???? Thats something the Aussies have tried to dodge for the past 10 months. They talk about "BCCI muscle" and what not ... but the fact remains that if the Aussies had even one iota of proof that he said "monkey", then they may have had a chance of getting him suspended. Otherwise ... it was the right decision. The Aussies have yet to digest that fact.
Fair enough. Now by that token lets also say that Gilchrist is INNOCENT till proven guilty. Prove it that Gilchrist is at fault here when he claims SRT to be a liar, and if you can not prove that please also bestow the same respect towards Gilly - a la innocent till proven guilty - philosphy. xxx