Gilly lashes out at Sachin, calls him a bad sport, liar.

Holysmoke

New Delhi: In a shocker, former Australian vice-captain Adam Gilchrist, known for his uncontroversial image, has lashed out at the Indian team and has singled out Sachin Tendulkar, questioning the sportsman spirit of the 'little master' according to the Sydney Morning Herald. Gilchrist claimed that while the Aussies left the on-field tension behind on the ground, Indians like Sachin Tendulkar and Harbhajan Singh carried the tension into the dressing rooms. The former wicketkeeper also questioned Tendulkar's integrity, alleging that the master batsman changed his story. The retired wicketkeeper took a dig at Tendulkar, revealing he was "hard to find for a changing room handshake after we have beaten India" and also "In the Australian mentality, we play it hard and are then quick to shake hands and leave it all on the field. Some of our opponents don't do it that way. Sachin Tendulkar, for instance, can be hard to find for a changing room handshake after we have beaten India. Harbhajan can also be hard to find," Gilchrist wrote in his autobiography which is to be released next week. The explosive autobiography centres on the acrimonious series between India and Australia last summer which escalated with the Monkeygate controversy and India questoning the honesty of the Australian team. "Only one team played in the right spirit," Indian captain Anil Kumble had said after the Sydney Test. Reacalling events of the Monkeygate controversy, where Harbhajan Singh was accused of racism, Gilchrist lashed out at the off-spinner, Tendulkar and cricket boards of both India and Australia. Gilchrist said he heard Harbhajan telling skipper Ricky Ponting, "Sorry, I apologise, it won't happen again." "The look on Harbhajan's face was very telling," Gilchrist said. "He looked like he was thinking, 'Oh s**t. What have I done here? They're all over me.'" Gilchrist said that Tendulkar, who was a witness to the entire episode, changed his story in an appeal he described as a "joke". "Tendulkar, who'd said at the first hearing that he hadn't been able to hear what Harbhajan had said - and he was a far way away, up the other end, so I'm certain he was telling the truth - now supported Harbhajan's version that he hadn't called Symo a 'monkey' but instead a Hindi term of abuse that might sound like 'monkey' to Australian ears," Gilchrist said. Gilchrist also slammed officials from both countries, accusing the BCCI of "playing politics" and Cricket Australia and the ICC of "caving in" when the spinner's original suspension was quashed. "The Indian board made threats that they would take the team home - a disgraceful act, holding the game to ransom unless they got their way," Gilchrist said. With India and Australia clashing set to clash in the third Test here on Wednesday, Gilchrist's lashing may add fuel to the fire and create further tension between the two nations, who have been at loggerheads for some time now.

Bad sport? Not too sure. Liar? Probably so. Gilchrist's assessment about the whole Sydney saga is not incorrect. Harbhajan Singh clearly said something that unsettled Australian, and it was no small sledge. Anyone who has watched the clippings would remember Hayden saying - Now you have a witness - a statement that Gilchrist suggests as well. So Harbhajan Singh did say something untoward. As much as an Aussie can not say with conviction what Harbhajan Singh said, in the same vein it is also not possible for an Indian to be 100% sure of Bhajji's utterance. The next issue in question is did BCCI flex its muscle? Of course it did. Who is stupid enough in the world of cricket to beleive BCCI ever carries itself with grace. They are basically a bunch of cash carrying loonies who deride everyone around them with an agenda of "setting old records straight". Which brings us to CA, did they bend over and accomodate BCCI or did they actually fight for Aussie players. Again something neither I, nor anyone else, can claim to know with certainty although the way Aussie players have reacted afterwards, including Symonds himself, it is clear that Aussies beleive CA did not back them up. Lastly the role of Sachin Tendulkar. Well he was the Indian batsmen in the middle alongside Harbhajan Singh and yes he would be real close to the line of fire. Did he lie? Or was he a true gentleman?? I am not sure of either. What I am sure of is the Headlines the next day - Sachin's testimony saved Harbhajan. Anyone who remembers the incidence will clearly recall Sachin's talk with Sharad Pawar etc. So yes Sachin is under a cloud of suspicion here and there is no reason why he should be considered "above" all this or Gilly "below". As for the whole handshake saga I dont care about that. Many top players refuse to lose. Sachin would probably too and hence he doesnt enjoy having a handshake aftera game. No big deal. xxx

Well was just watching CNN-IBN.. And they had some official member of the Indian team who was there at the meetings that took place after the MAAKI incident..and the guy mentions that while Gilly was present at the 1st meeting that took place and agreed that Tendi did talk about hearing nothing ..but interestingly Gilly was not present at the 2nd final meeting and whatever he's writing is all hear-say from his teammates..and that Sachin did stick to his original stance of not hearing anything..