Yousuf to play in ICL 2nd season

Fontaine

"We [iCC] are considering their application because the ICC lawyers feel that they have a very strong case and if they sue us we may find ourselves in trouble. The BCCI has been given 21 days to discuss this matter and come back to the ICC for consideration." http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/icl2008/content/current/story/374752.html
I would rather not believe Ijaz butt. Lets assume that its true.But on what grounds can they sue? Besides y is ICC be the one that worried, shouldn't it be the BCCI ?

Yet another move by Yousuf that will hurt Pakistan cricket. What is the problem with him? Why can't he decide where he wants to be? This is as silly as it can get. It's a bit like kids trying to shift their interest left, right and center. Just because Pakistan cricket is in a mess and can't afford to pay him enough he would have shifted loyalty I reckon. Not good this fella, lacks ethics.

I would rather not believe Ijaz butt. Lets assume that its true.But on what grounds can they sue? Besides y is ICC be the one that worried, shouldn't it be the BCCI ?
ICC never denied any thing that Butt said. Secondly i would much rather trust Butt than people like Modi. Agreed that Butt didn't treat Lawson well but how Modi is treating the GAME is 100 times worse than what Butt could possibly do. Long story short the robbery of the game by ICC/BCCI will soon be stopped and i hope Indian fans don't blindly support BCCI/ICC when they are sued by ICL.
Yet another move by Yousuf that will hurt Pakistan cricket. What is the problem with him? Why can't he decide where he wants to be? This is as silly as it can get. It's a bit like kids trying to shift their interest left' date=' right and center. Just because Pakistan cricket is in a mess and can't afford to pay him enough he would have shifted loyalty I reckon. Not good this fella, lacks ethics.[/quote'] agreed.....
ICC never denied any thing that Butt said. Secondly i would much rather trust Butt than people like Modi. Agreed that Butt didn't treat Lawson well but how Modi is treating the GAME is 100 times worse than what Butt could possibly do. Long story short the robbery of the game by ICC/BCCI will soon be stopped and i hope Indian fans don't blindly support BCCI/ICC when they are sued by ICL.
Robbery? Why? How? Modi is treating cricket like a business and that's his job to do that. Do u know how much increase in pay a ranji cricketer has had in the last 15 years, ever since the business minded Dalmiya and Modi took over ? If you think this is robbery then maybe u shd ask PCB and SLB to stop begging us for money and tour.Dalmiya made cricket a financial success for BCCI and ICC (and the rest) and Modi took it to greater heights with IPL. What exactly is Ijaz butts credentials here? Has he done anything positive for PCB much less world cricket? Like i said before, if ICL supports gress roots level cricket, then i will support them but til then, i am hoping for their fall. Even if BCCI finances are not open, atleast we know that some of that money is used to improve cricket in India while Zee network's only priority is to make money for themselves.
Robbery? Why? How? Modi is treating cricket like a business and that's his job to do that. Do u know how much increase in pay a ranji cricketer has had in the last 15 years, ever since the business minded Dalmiya and Modi took over ? If you think this is robbery then maybe u shd ask PCB and SLB to stop begging us for money and tour.Dalmiya made cricket a financial success for BCCI and ICC (and the rest) and Modi took it to greater heights with IPL. What exactly is Ijaz butts credentials here? Has he done anything positive for PCB much less world cricket? Like i said before, if ICL supports gress roots level cricket, then i will support them but til then, i am hoping for their fall. Even if BCCI finances are not open, atleast we know that some of that money is used to improve cricket in India while Zee network's only priority is to make money for themselves.
I have spoken about this issue on numerous occasions and if you want to look at my views in detail then search for my posts. It is no coincident that cricket fans from all around the world are fully against the BCCI. If you think that bullying that they are doing( e.g the recent boycott with SL just because Ranatunga made a negative comment about IPL) is good for the game then please carry on with your support because i know that genuine cricket fans(including a good # of the Indians) will not let this circus to continue for too much longer. p.s I do understand the reluctance to turn against BCCI but i think its just a matter of time before even fans like yourself will start disliking BCCI for their bullying as much as fans from every other cricketing country in the world.
I have spoken about this issue on numerous occasions and if you want to look at my views in detail then search for my posts. It is no coincident that cricket fans from all around the world are fully against the BCCI. If you think that bullying that they are doing( e.g the recent boycott with SL just because Ranatunga made a negative comment about IPL) is good for the game then please carry on with your support because i know that genuine cricket fans(including a good # of the Indians) will not let this circus to continue for too much longer. p.s I do understand the reluctance to turn against BCCI but i think its just a matter of time before even fans like yourself will start disliking BCCI for their bullying as much as fans from every other cricketing country in the world.
I am too lazy to search for ur posts now so will read it later. Reg. SL bullying.....who the hell started it first. SL was blackmailing BCCI that it wont let its players play unless they get 70 million $. All the other bullying BCCI has done is more or less against corrupt and biased ICC personals. Like i said, the methods maybe draconian but that was required. I already hate the BCCI but that has nothing to do with this issue here. For the sake of Indian cricket, ICL has to die. I dont care how that is achieved or if PCB goes down with it.

I dont like Modi either. But I think what Pakistani cricket needs right now is another Modi. The PCB administrators are selfish and so is Modi. But at least Modi knows how to be selfish. The PCB administrators are clueless in everything they do. Modi knows his objectives and he knows how to achieve them.