Gillchrist: Murali is a chucker

Fontaine

Gilly is a knob His criticism of Sachin, Bhaji, Ganguly and now Murali points to him being on same wave length as nazi Broad. Where is the criticism of aussies etc? Slags of all those legends above while praises journey man Haddin. They guy is nuts and is long way from being canonised IMO
To be fair ... he did criticise Shane Warne aswell.

I dont think Gillys book is out yet, but I would be curious to know if in the whole book he is ever critical of his own team mates, or if he is just critical of other countries and mainly the south asian block. If he is un biased and he is critical of his own team and team mates than fair enough it is his own personal point of view and I would respect him for his integrity, although if he is not I suspect a lot of people will lose their respect towards him.

Well I know he criticised Shane Warne for sledging him when he just got into the Australian team ahead of his own mate Darren Berry. Warne had called him an "a***licker" ... which apparently had hurt Gilchrist alot.
I am sometimes confused which words hurt Australians and which ones dont.

^ Hahaha ... I think I've figured it out The following things hurt the Australians ... * Monkey * A***licker * You're defensive * Ask your wife (in reference to a question about the flavour of a particular region of Brian Lara's anatomy) The following things are OK to say by the Australians ... * Black monkey * Black c*** * What does Brian Lara's d*** taste like? * Choo choo choo (in reference to a player's sister that got killed after being hit by a train) * Second class citizen

I dont think Gillys book is out yet' date=' but I would be curious to know if in the whole book he is ever critical of his own team mates, or if he is just critical of other countries and mainly the south asian block. If he is un biased and he is critical of his own team and team mates than fair enough it is his own personal point of view and I would respect him for his integrity, although if he is not I suspect a lot of people will lose their respect towards him.[/quote'] But surely that is scepticism at play here Triam. Look at it this way. When Shane Warne came out with his list of 50 greatest players he played with, he was quite harsh on his team. Someone like Steve Waugh was ranked in high 20s and Adam Gilchrist himself came at 20. Considering Gilly, alongside Don and Sobers, are perennial favorite in an alltime XI, it was nothing short of shocking. Since Warne put Sachin at 1 it was considered a fair list, noone questioned why Warne was harsh on Aussies player. With Gilchrist it is reverse now. By the way if interested here is Warnes list http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/cricket/article2357955.ece

I see your point Lurker, and I agree with the perverse validation Warne's list got. The point I am trying to make is, lists are different, if Gilly said he considers Warnie the better spinner than Murali or if he makes his own list where he is ranked number 1 it would draw a host of chuckles and nothing more. Casting aspersions or worse yet passing judgments over other players characters is a whole another story, unless he is being impartial.

^ Hahaha ... I think I've figured it out The following things hurt the Australians ... * Monkey * A***licker * You're defensive * Ask your wife (in reference to a question about the flavour of a particular region of Brian Lara's anatomy) The following things are OK to say by the Australians ... * Black monkey * Black c*** * What does Brian Lara's d*** taste like? * Choo choo choo (in reference to a player's sister that got killed after being hit by a train)
add to the OK to say by the Australians *second class citizen (Michael Clarke to Chris Gayle)
^ Hahaha ... I think I've figured it out The following things hurt the Australians ... * Monkey * A***licker * You're defensive * Ask your wife (in reference to a question about the flavour of a particular region of Brian Lara's anatomy) The following things are OK to say by the Australians ... * Black monkey * Black c*** * What does Brian Lara's d*** taste like? * Choo choo choo (in reference to a player's sister that got killed after being hit by a train) * Second class citizen
Good one...:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: I also remember Lehman storming into the Lankan dressing room calling them something like "You f**king bkacks". Cant remember the exact phrase though.

How can you say that Domaink ? Its quite clear that the Aussies are the only ones concerned about the 'spirit of the game' and the rest of the world are playing outside the 'spirit of the game'. Its the responsibility of every Australian player to point out when someone is playing outside the spirit of the game. So whenever something gets said on or off the field, its not up to you or I to decide whether that is within the spirit of the game ... Its up to the Aussie players.

^ Such as? (I know Lehmann didnt shout that in the Lankan dressing room' date=' but he shouted it in his own dressing room loud enough to be heard by the Lankans)[/quote'] Why does gilly not give an account of this in this in his book. Show disgust at Lehman at his racism. No hang on he is to busy slagging of the asian players!
Irrelevant. Simply because he wasnt the only one with that kind of flexion. Irrelevant because the difference between Murali's doosra and McGrath's regular delivery is 3-4 degrees where the margin of error for the study is 1-3 degrees. Basic error analysis dictates that if your margin of error overlaps the difference in two observed values, there can be no judgement on which of the two values are more/less correct. Ie, logically ans scientifically speaking, If A = 25 and B = 27 and the measuring tool you are using has a precision error of +/- 4, then A = B.
It seems your arguments are based mostly on what you remember about the measurements taken during that ICC tournament. Can you actually point me to an article which has all these details?