After we are able to win 3 or 4 of these ODIs, I'd like to see...

fineleg

Sachinism, I disagree. In anycase, you maybe of the viewpoint a thread in the past was stupid, and there may be other points of view different from yours. Either way, the statement that a new thread or post has to be looked at for its specific merits and demerits stand. Letting the past cloud something that is being posted newly, and pre-judging and mocking is not productive. But there are folks who thrive on that, and let those idjets continue.

in this series... Yusuf Pathan being sent in at #3 for couple of matches. No - not with the view of him being looked at for this position. But to see (as an experiment) how he can cope with "normal play".
Or you could just look at the fact that he's capable of building hundreds and big knocks in first class cricket, and thus isn't just a big hitting slogger.
Or you could just look at the fact that he's capable of building hundreds and big knocks in first class cricket' date=' and thus isn't just a big hitting slogger.[/quote'] Salil, Thats ok to have the first class as initial basis for selection. But when you have an opportunity to try him out at the Intl level and see, would you not like to make use of that opportunity rather than fall back on first class stats alone? (I'm talking after we win or nearly win the series here)