Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers"

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers"

Whats all this nonsense about Bangladesh owing its test status to india? Just cos there was an Indian ICC President doesn't mean Bangladesh needs to be oh-ever-so-grateful to India for blessing us with the joy that's test cricket! If you do your research, you'll discover it was an unanimous decision taken at the ICC Executive Meeting in June 2000. And last time I checked, unanimous in the context of ICC doesn't only include India. If you want to thank anyone, thank the Bangladesh Cricket Board for a good job of lobbying the long over due case to ALL the full-members of ICC. And more recently, thank Cricket Australia for providing a lot of the logistics and personnel support to BCB. It may hurt your pompous beliefs, but NOT everything good that happens to Bangladesh, happens because of India. In fact there are very few (hardly any) such cases. I don't wanna go off on a tangent here about non-cricket related issues, but please stop being so patronizing about Bangladesh. If I wanted to, I could dig up enough reasons to be patronizing about your country as well.
BCB SUCKED big eggs at lobbying. dalmiya made a deal with then president of the sad sack BCB--Test status and vote as quid pro quo. and as an aside, pls feel free to be patronizing (MUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA) abt india. i could use the laugh.

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers" wow... lots of posts.. thanks to Dhondy and shwetabh for being nice and good moderator. also thanks to others for contributing though i dont agree with most of them, but thats life... so, which one you are supporting today? BD or SLK? I think its BD.. :chin: hahaa... dont worry... atleast this one I am talking from cricketing aspect and for india team. if BD win today ...IND needs to beat SLK only..isnt it? dont have to wait for BD-BUR game. so..lets all say..... go BD go... :hic: cheers...

Yeah, but if SL win today, and we beat them in the head to head, we'll carry the points through, Sumon. So you know who I am supporting. :hic:
ya..... if we can beat SLK today, we will have the freedom to support SLK or IND in their game... :hic:

i am supporting SL... bermuda might upset bangles like bangles did to india' date=' u know[/quote'] sure, any upset can be possible. but many of you here may be surprised to see that we Bangladeshis are talking about winning against SLK also, and you may think that its just a hype since we just beat India. Actually its not the case I guess. Though we arent that strong to say confidently that we can beat SLK but honestly we believe that with the current team its possible if our players click.... and you can also say that.. its a vague remark as if players click any team can win in a given day. but the case here is.. even with players clicking... we wouldnt win against the big ones 3/4 years back. they simply didnt have the potential or class to do that... all we could expect is an honorable defeat when it was our day in the field. But the days have changed and fortunately we have bunch of players who have totally different mind set. The mental setup has changed mostly may be due to inclusion of young playes coming grom U-19 teams. They are used to win regularly against the big guns in the age level. if you remember, they were in 5th position in the last u-19 WC. too bad they lost to ENG team, whom they whitewashed jsut a month before that, otherwise they might go to final. And these players are now becoming the core of the team. I must thank to Whatmore and our selectors to take some bold steps (like including 18 yr old wicket keeper Mushfiq in place of veteran Khaled Masud) to take the BD team to a newe r level. So we BD fans honestly believe that in near future we will prove that any win against top teams will not be referred to be as upset rather a normal incidence. And WC 11 will be more exvciting and obviously the group having BD will be considered as death group not after a win in warm up match but way before. but for the time being.. lets enjoy WC07.

We gave you your country. We invited you to play a triangular with Kenya when no one looked twice at you. We gave you test status. We played you in your inaugural test.
- You helped us in the war with Pakistan, yes. And for that, many Bangalis support the Indian team (more than half of my family does). But 300,000 of our boys died in the Liberation war as well. I find your first statement to be an insult to those martyrs. - Yes, that was a great thing for the Indian Cricket Board to do. - Again, you probably helped us gain the Test status. But we did play our part in earning it. The ICC Trophy, no matter how ridiculous it may seem to you, was won by Bangladesh. I personally don't think BD deserved the Test status at that period of time, but it wasn't India alone that gave it to us. The decision was made by ICC, which wasn't under Indian control, as far as I know. - Again, I am thankful to India for playing a test series in Bangladesh. It did attract a lot of crowd and helped BCB raise their funds. Now, I don't know what kind of information you've got from a Bangladeshi forum. But obviously, you've never been to Bangladesh. Majority of our population (believe me, I know what I'm talking about) support India next to our own country; one article in a newspaper doesn't change that fact. And I don't get why people are relating the 1971 liberation war with this thread. Some guy said something about India in a freaking newspaper. That doesn't mean that Bangalis in general share that view. What some of you guys are stating is blatant bigotry. I am not saying that some Bangalis don't make comments about India, every country has their unique smartasses, but I've rarely seen or heard anything against India on a personal level coming from a Bangladeshi. I am trying my best to explain the same thing to Bangali fans, but please don't stoop to their level by doing the same thing they are doing.

Re: Bangladesh mocks at India's "cash-rich cricketers" Refreshing to see couple of sane Bangladesh posters here. For the record Bangladesh has earned the place to play the Super 8s fair and square. I had thought most Bangladesh posters are abusive and hardly even acknowledge India's hand in helping Bangladesh's cricket in general. This is a breath of fresh air. Good on ya ovi. Time and again you will see posters that may not warm up to Bangladesh but take that with a pinch of salt. For one they beat India in the WC and that does hurt. Secondly some are very forth right and straight forward in expressing their views on this forums simply because we don't really sensor anyone's thoughts. I guess it will be a perfect forum if some didn't use swear words but the world isn?t perfect either. I'm sure it will sound a bit over whelming when you first join but you will get along with us folks once you hang in here for few days.