Uthappa

Dhondy

Re: Uthappa

Why not? if Sehwag can be a great test success story, without a hook, pull.... this lad can hook like a demon...
In addition to looking at a player, just the FC average of a player can give you a very good indication of how he will do in tests. An average in the 30s inspires no confidence.

You guys are taken in so easily by pretenders! He is just a hit and miss merchant whose skills can't keep up with his brainfarts. Any quick bowler worth his salt will get him 10/10. The only impact he will make is when the captain's boot hits his backside.
But how many teams have a great quick bowler ? Even Australia can only boast of an ageing McGrath. Great bowlers (like Shane Bond), trouble most batsmen, why single out Uthappa ? He can play the short ball, very well. He doesnt give a damn about the reputation of the bowler, which is the single biggest mistake all our seniors make. If motu can play having screwed up so much, just based on potential, I dont see why Uthappa cannot. If Pathan is in half decent form, i'd play him ahead of Uthappa. But on current form, only KKD can take Uthappa's spot. I dont consider KKD a better impact player than Uthappa currently.

His technique is pretty useless but he has a good temperament. Really goes after the bowling regardless of reputation and has the ability to unsettle them if the bowl isn't moving around. He's the kind of batsman who can be useful in a chase when all our batsmen unnecessarily go into a shell.
ie; an Indian Afridi. :Cry:

ie; an Indian Afridi. :Cry:
Did you mention Afridi and temperament together. Afridi is peerless. Dont insult humanity.
Sorry, but when i read; Really goes after the bowling regardless of reputation and has the ability to unsettle them if the bowl isn't moving around. He's the kind of batsman who can be useful in a chase when all our batsmen unnecessarily go into a shell... i couldn't help but think of Afridi, who fits that description like a glove !
Guest dada_rocks

How I dislike this guy! How did he win selection? Such a mediocre player! Absolute rubbish. On top of it all, he is a showboater. How do the selectors commit such bloopers? Needs to be kicked out and replaced by Pathan or Kartick for the crucial SL tie. Personally, I'd like to Sreesanth in the side for the fire in his belly, but don't think he'll be selected.
u will have to take thsi back after srilanak match.. this kid has got what it takes

Re: Uthappa Bring back Jaffer. Class, elegance, flair under pressure, with a hunger for runs and the ability to produce them against all teams in any circumstances. So what if he can't hit the ball out of the park in the Uthappa manner? We still have Sehwag, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Tendulkar and Dhoni.