An interview from Yuvraj

Akshat

I don't think Yuvraj is in the wrong for harboring an ambition to captain India someday - he is a senior player now, he has been around for ages and is reaching the peak of his career. But i never thought of him as captaincy material and never will. At least, based on what i saw of him in the IPL. He is too emotional and doesn't have a composed head on his shoulders. If you look at his on field demeanor and compare it with Dhoni's, the difference is like night and day. Dhoni is always calm and has an idea of what to do (doesn't always work, but you can see the thought process), Yuvraj on the other hand gets carried away and is too instinctive. I guarantee that Sehwag will captain India before Yuvraj does.

Yuvraj can easily become captain sometime in the future. Dhoni may be doing outstandingly well now, but there’s no saying what can happen in the future. At the heights of his captaincy tenure in 2003-04, did anyone think Saurav Ganguly will ever be replaced? But not only was he replaced as captain, he even lost his spot for the entire year of 2006. Who knows, Dhoni may even suffer a career-shortening injury. But for the sake of Indian cricket, lets hope none of those actually happen and MSD continues to lead us to greater heights. For the first time, in a long time, the Indian team has a legitimate chance of being the undisputed world no.1 and Dhoni is probably the only guy capable of taking us there.
I dont think he is a thinking cricketer ... tbh ... Thats just my opinion.

All this captaincy thing is hype and BS...Nobody remembers Bradman, Gavaskar, Viv, Marshall, Warne, McGrath, Lara, Tendulkar and a majority of other cricketers for their captaincy. It's only a very few: maybe Imran, Brearley, Taylor, Lloyd, Fleming... And if you really can chalk out interesting strategies, you should anyway talk to your captain and coach, and present your ideas. No need to be a captain to do that. On the other hand, victories and losses seem to affect cricketers more when they are captains. There's something in that (probably cricketers turn selfless and take more pride in wins, maybe a false sense of pride as well), and because of which many cricketers are lured towards captaincy.

All this captaincy thing is hype and BS...Nobody remembers Bradman, Gavaskar, Viv, Marshall, Warne, McGrath, Lara, Tendulkar and a majority of other cricketers for their captaincy. It's only a very few: maybe Imran, Brearley, Taylor, Lloyd, Fleming... And if you really can chalk out interesting strategies, you should anyway talk to your captain and coach, and present your ideas. No need to be a captain to do that. On the other hand, victories and losses seem to affect cricketers more when they are captains. There's something in that (probably cricketers turn selfless and take more pride in wins, maybe a false sense of pride as well), and because of which many cricketers are lured towards captaincy.
So true...actually Yuvi has set a unique record...tonking 6 sixes/over off a genuine pace bowler...no other cricketer...living or dead has done this....and it seems like this record will stay for quite some time...:two_thumbs_up: