After watching the Aussies bat vs SAF

Bumper

Re: After watching the Aussies bat vs SAF

Yods, If you are telling me that ODIs are a better indication of Cricketing skill than test cricket Iam all ears ... humour me.
ODIs or Tests we fail the same way. Doubting our abilities & letting the opponent bully us.

ODIs or Tests we fail the same way. Doubting our abilities & letting the opponent bully us
Not really .... in the tests we get mugged by the blatantly biased umpires ... the recent series in SAF being the latest occasion .... I know you bother about the end result only but thats not how it should be. On a fair and level playing field we are as good as anybody in Tests.
Forget the tests vs the Aussies or Saffies. Do u honestly believe we lost the Karachi test vs Pak or the Mumbai test vs Eng due to poor umpiring ? Or could it be due to rank bad batting by our superstars ?
Guest dada_rocks

Re: After watching the Aussies bat vs SAF just wait and watch .. me thinks sa will chase it down with little luck here and there

Bumps ... if you expect us to never ever lose a game of cricket then you are completely wrong ... **** happens .... the Mumbai one was a result of a error in judgement ..... and at Karachi we were outplayed .... if you are saying that we have a pathetic spineless good for nothing team then thats were I and you differ .... because right before the Karachi test we chased down nearly 700 runs when being 4 down for 150 at one stage ... didnt see anybody come here applaud Dhoni and PAthans heroics .... and even if you did it appears to be a case of short memory for you. And after the Karachi test the same team mauled the pakistanis in the ODIs big time ... Remember ?
U switched from ODIs to Tests. Hence i was talking tests. Thats besides the point. The two games i pointed are not once in a while losses. These were opportunities to nail or save a test series. Tell me how many test series have we won in the past 2 years against good opponents to dismiss these as once in a while losses. Talking ODIs, every time a big series was on the line, the country's pride was on the line, we caved in (with Ind-Pak ODI series being an exception). We only win at home, outside India, we are simply not good enuff. I dont have any shame in accepting that.

Tell me how many test series have we won in the past 2 years against good opponents to dismiss these as once in a while losses.
We havent lost a series to Eng this decade We won Against SAF at home and would have won in SAF as well We won against SL at home and havent played them away for years. we have a even record against Aus (no one else does) We have a even record against Pak this decade 1-1-1 We won against WI despite serious muggings and weather
From 2005, we have beaten Lanka at home, lost to Pakistan, drew with England (who have never managed that feat for sometime), lost to Saffies. Thats a pretty mean record to dismiss thw two losses as once in a while.
Talking ODIs, every time a big series was on the line, the country's pride was on the line
The countries pride is too precious to be put on line over a stupid game of cricket .... the moment our fans realize that everything will be fine.
Ofcourse, the country's pride is on the line. Why do we take so much joy beating Pakistan in cricket. Are u saying the history between the two countries have nothing to do with it ? Why did our Prime Minister congratulate the team when we won against Pak in 2003 world cup ? Why do our cricketers get tax concessions on world cup feats ? Why do we recognize our cricketers with national awards ? IIRC, there was even a thread declaring Tendulkar a patriot & there were tons of responses confirming that. As long they call themselves Indian cricket team, their win or loss will be viewed as win or loss by our country, not the players.
Guest dada_rocks

The sooner we put an end to all that jingoism and try to develop a sporting culture which looks at sports as fun/relaxation/pass-time then things will be better.
:wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: Sir aapne ak lahk rupaiya ki baat kahi hai
Guest dada_rocks

Re: After watching the Aussies bat vs SAF to all these tantrum throwers effigy burners stone pelter fans here is my response on behalf of team india for you :axe: Specially for those who throw money anagle saying how much they make hence they must not lose.. hey buddy they played even when there was hardly any money in the game.. just because u fanatic fans went crazy and have low self control they end making money doesn;t mean they are ur bitcch...... once again take this response :axe: