Thunder!

Mr. Wicket

Howdy doody everyone...y'all miss me? Rajiv and Lurker must have....well I am back and unreformed. As belligerent as ever...before I get myself into some trouble, it's best I share what music I have with you folks.... Let's do a bit of Dylan: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvBkbPEoeAI]YouTube - Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue[/ame] Double-click the pic if you get the dreaded "embedding disabled by request" crud.

This might be blasphemic but Does anyone else think dylan is a bit overrated? Or am I just not deep and philiosophical enough to 'get' him... The latter is far more likely im sure... Anyways some super cutting edge current stuff hehe- I love these guys... PvquWIULIFA

Nah, Dylan is a bit overrated. Really great songwriter - but his vocals and playing aren't that consistent. He's got some REALLY phenomenal stuff (Blood on the Tracks in particular), but some of his other music doesn't interest me that much. Much prefer Dire Straits, Clapton, Pink Floyd, Tom Petty or the Grateful Dead in terms of overall ability & consistency.

I must admit I often feel Im just too shallow to 'get' intelligent bands like Radiohead. Sure theyve got some very good songs, but I cant see why/how theyre as amazing as everyone says. I bought OK Computer. I do not think I get it. I just say Im a fan to look cool. :--D

I must admit I often feel Im just too shallow to 'get' intelligent bands like Radiohead. Sure theyve got some very good songs, but I cant see why/how theyre as amazing as everyone says. I bought OK Computer. I do not think I get it. I just say Im a fan to look cool. :--D
You don't need intelligence to enjoy music. You either like it or you don't. There is no need to force yourself to like it. I tried hip-hop just to keep myself abreast with the in thing but just can't get myself to like it. So I am still stuck in the Rock mode. :dontknow:

No but theres an underlying message with bands like Radiohead isnt there? Like OK Computer being a concept album about technology (or something?) And I do like their stuff but why are they the as great as theyre made out to be I like rock. Mostly Emo/hardcore to be honest, but give me big riffs and heavy guitars please.