Thunder!

Mr. Wicket

Ah yes Slayer. I did go through a phase when I erm tried to listen to thrash metal- Pantera, Sepultura etc. Slayer are bit too sinister, thrash is generally too much on the heavy for me. Metal bands like Deftones, Tool, System of a Down even Marilyn Manson.. more my thing. Also an indie person as well- Oasis anyone? Been to see Metallica earlier this year when they were touring- think I told you about this Salil... Absolutely barnstorming live act. Im not THAT big a fan, just know their famous songs. But it was really REALLY good.

Hatebreed are hardcore punk?? Hmm. I thought they were more metalcore.
Thats true, they are a mixture of Metal and Hardcore, along with bands like Terror and Earth Crisis, alot of Hardcore bands are adopting a metallic sound. But when I think of "Metalcore" I associate with bands that have melodic singing like Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, God Forbid..etc. God Forbid are awesome.....

^Ive heard OF them, not really heard any of God Forbids stuff though. Theyre one of those deep metal bands with high concept-y albums arent they True say about Metalcore songs having an element of melodic singing like KSE, do prefer it that way the screaming can get a bit tiresome- not to mention not being able to understand much, I want to be able to sing along to the chorus at least! As I Lay Dying- good metalcore act. The last album was ace. I posted a song in this thread- through the darkest nights. Great track Lamb of God another good band, they can be pretty heavy though

As I Lay Dying are actually not bad, I have listened to that album. I think my friend cussed them for being poncey and christian (also cliched) so I stopped listening to them lol. But yeah they are good. Lamb Of God are cool. I've seen quite a few bands this year, God Forbid being one of them. I got alot of respect for those dudes. BTW Check out "Steel Panther" - Glam Metal Parody band, they are hilarious. Saw them twice this year. I am just used to the screaming and death growls now....its just a standard part of the music. I have got so used to the heavy stuff. (I've dabbled with some brutal death metal and grindcore too) I am making an effort to open my music tastes this year to calm down....I've had a very angry, eventful past year...metal/hardcore helped. But its time to calm the ocean lol. Also, i'm scaring women away - not good! I tried listening to some RnB music...but i could not stomach that at all!! Need to find some soft music....any recommendations would be good. :)

I listen to post-rock a bit- instrumental only. Helps when im studying to drown out everything around If you want soft stuff Sigur Ros the famous icelandic band I think theyre awesome and theyre supposed to be amazing live, and of course Mogwai ( though some of their stuff is heavy) and Explosions in the Sky are pretty good Theres also this japanese band called Mono. I can recommend lots of good softish Indie acts. Try this group called Band of Horses- 'Detlef Schrempf' and 'No ones gonna love you';