My personal opinion re: India v NZ 2nd test

I woke up this morning and was shocked to read the scorecard. I can safely say that with Dhoni there, it wouldn't have been THIS bad, but there are some things that deserve to be highlighted:- - India's pace bowlers- Khan and Sharma are quality no doubt. But Patel (okay he performed well in 1st test on helpful pitch) has long been a source of confusion and debate for India's fans. He has dropped considerable pace and on flat tracks lacks the nouse to out-do batters in tests. I haven't seen the bowling, but I believe Munaf is often lazy and does not deserve a place in the team. At least Sreesanth gives it his all and I believe he'd flourish under this current India team. - Where is the reverse swing? I doubt that NZ would get 600+ if Khan et al used this to good effect. Surely if the pitch is flat then they could have reversed it to some effect I believe that India are easily top 3 material, but to be no.1 it must use its initiative in tough situations and stop feeling sorry for itself. Okay they dropped loads of catches. BUT if you bowl at the stumps with pace and swing, then there is a greater chance of success/ Overall, I'm generally perplexed by this performance :-(

I woke up this morning and was shocked to read the scorecard. I can safely say that with Dhoni there, it wouldn't have been THIS bad, but there are some things that deserve to be highlighted:- - India's pace bowlers- Khan and Sharma are quality no doubt. But Patel (okay he performed well in 1st test on helpful pitch) has long been a source of confusion and debate for India's fans. He has dropped considerable pace and on flat tracks lacks the nouse to out-do batters in tests. I haven't seen the bowling, but I believe Munaf is often lazy and does not deserve a place in the team. At least Sreesanth gives it his all and I believe he'd flourish under this current India team. - Where is the reverse swing? I doubt that NZ would get 600+ if Khan et al used this to good effect. Surely if the pitch is flat then they could have reversed it to some effect I believe that India are easily top 3 material, but to be no.1 it must use its initiative in tough situations and stop feeling sorry for itself. Okay they dropped loads of catches. BUT if you bowl at the stumps with pace and swing, then there is a greater chance of success/ Overall, I'm generally perplexed by this performance :-(
Dont worry Atul Sharma is coming up as the third pacer Yaar hype kuch jyada hi ho raha hai but hope he comes up to the expectations :--D
Reverse swing needs certain conditions. It just does not always happen.
BUT if you bowl at the stumps with pace and swing, then there is a greater chance of success/
Easier said than done. You know it as well as we do.
Don't pin your hopes on one guy lol. Remember Mohammad Sami and now Morne Morkel- pace isn't everything my friend. I believe the Cochin superstar should play the next test. Can't do worse than Munaf.
well if bowler fails in one series ..he's a sami! what a logic!! Morne is in a different league......
- Where is the reverse swing? I doubt that NZ would get 600+ if Khan et al used this to good effect. Surely if the pitch is flat then they could have reversed it to some effect -(
The kookaburra balls used in NZ don't reverse as quickly or as easily as the SG balls used in India.
I woke up this morning and was shocked to read the scorecard. I can safely say that with Dhoni there, it wouldn't have been THIS bad, but there are some things that deserve to be highlighted:- -agreed about the dhoni part - India's pace bowlers- Khan and Sharma are quality no doubt. But Patel (okay he performed well in 1st test on helpful pitch) has long been a source of confusion and debate for India's fans. He has dropped considerable pace and on flat tracks lacks the nouse to out-do batters in tests. I haven't seen the bowling, but I believe Munaf is often lazy and does not deserve a place in the team. At least Sreesanth gives it his all and I believe he'd flourish under this current India team. Sreesanth has had a stress fracture.. he wont even be playing the IPL Our other pacers, RP Singh is coming from an injury, and Munaf was selected ahead of VRV, Gony, Kulkarni. Munna has been giving it his all this series, and thats a good sign. - Where is the reverse swing? I doubt that NZ would get 600+ if Khan et al used this to good effect. Surely if the pitch is flat then they could have reversed it to some effect The pitch and the conditions are not conducive to reverse swing.. you cant reverse swing anywhere mate I believe that India are easily top 3 material, but to be no.1 it must use its initiative in tough situations and stop feeling sorry for itself. Okay they dropped loads of catches. BUT if you bowl at the stumps with pace and swing, then there is a greater chance of success/ Overall, I'm generally perplexed by this performance :-( Sh!t happens
I believe that India are easily top 3 material, but to be no.1 it must use its initiative in tough situations and stop feeling sorry for itself. Okay they dropped loads of catches. BUT if you bowl at the stumps with pace and swing, then there is a greater chance of success/
They lacked intensity both in the field and while batting. An element of complacency has crept into their game in this test that was not there in the first and is definitely not there when they play teams like Oz or SA...it's almost like they are disrespecting the opposition....this is what happens when you don't give your opposition their due...you land up underestimating them and soon you find yourself in deep shyte. Today has been a wake up call if they needed one. Let's see if they respond tomorrow...I am betting they will.
Pakistan do have some trundlers, but India's aren't all exactly pacy. Anyways- I don't think any of you arte suitably qualified to lecture me about reverse swing :-)
If you think you are superior and you dont want to listen to anyone, please dont bother to express yourself either.