Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad

The only possible reason I can think of is-Ganguly found the goings tough be it BD or Bermuda and at any cost wanted some decent personal scores in stead of hitting out ! The vested interest seems to prove his perceived 'enemy within' wrong, after the ignominy he was subjected to.
i saw ur point, bro.... point taken..... the first line, where u state " the only possible reason" doesnt really gel well with me...

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad Ridiculous allegations and excuses. At times there was no Yuvraj Singh, Dhoni and even Tendulkar but the results weren't any better. Losing is a habit and India got into that habit a while ago. It is very hard to shrug off that habit and it only carried over to the World cup. It is wrong to blame the personell after the debacle. I don't think there was any problem with Dhoni, Yuvraj and the rest mentioned by Greg when they used to win??? :shrug:

this was the time to prove his worth to the team and he failed.
but Mands, the question is whether it was deliberate or not..... refusal to rotate strike, refusal to up the SR, putting pressure on new batters who were not alllowed to take singles.....

R... you dont think' date=' Ganguly could have possibly extracted his revenge here....[/quote'] I don't think it was deliberate Gator. Ganguly has good of Indian cricket at heart and I've seen him many a times say he was least interested in captaincy. All he wanted was to be part of the winning side. You could see his game was not as good as it used to be in the 90s or early 2000s but he had worked hard at pull shots and shots on the leg side. Unfortunately it was not his ability that was carrying him but his grit was. That grit was not what India wanted for WC, they wanted confident cock sure players but all they had was players that were coming back from injuries or tryinig to find that missing form. Barring Rahul Dravid and Dhoni you could not point to one player that hadn't struggled with bad form or injury in the recent past. When 5 among the 7 batters are hardly confident in their game what better results could we have expected?

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad the same guys were in top form beating the windies 3-1 and SL 3-1 and winning both the warm-ups in the most assured manner.... Ganguly's SR was significantly higher in the odis before this WC.... R, as a cricket player, let me ask u this question.... if ur opener who is known for his flamboyance suddenly refuses to take singles, plays like the pitch was a bomb and the bowlers were hurling thunderbolts..... will it affect ur performance as a middle order bat or not?

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad Believe me Gator the Indian batsman's mindset when they tour abroad is way different. At home they are usually 100% confident in their ability and once they get overseas they are never sure about their ability. At least this is what I've heard from some connected with Indian cricket. Why do you reckon Ganguly gave the curator at T&T a hard time? If the same player comes into the dressing room and throws a fit about pitch/bowlers and all variables the middle order does get a little shaky. That said the likes of Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Sehwag and the rest have played enough cricket to find out for themselves. I've always been opening and when I get out I just make my way back to the club room and won't say a word about the pitch. If a player asks I always say I didn't do well but the pitch and bowlers are not over whelming. As for Ganguly, I don't know what he may have been asked by the team management. They may have instructed him to just bat and not worry about run rate. To be fair Ganguly tried to go over the the top few times but didn't suceed either because of lack of the eye/hand he is so used to or not finding the timing right. I feel he must have been told to just be there. A lot of openers are usually told to do that if the other fella is known for hard hitting.

^^ I guess that sachin batted for 7 of 26 balls and dravid for 14 of 28 did not have anything to do with the pitch. Or maybe our batsmen are just that bad.
u missed my point.... when u r the opener, u set the trend.... as a new batter, i wouldnt be going for boundaries from ball 1.... i will take 3-5 balls to settle down and try to run some singles... now, Ganguly was turning down most singles and converting 2s to singles..... hence Sachin/Dravid were getting pressured to get it on.... if u look at Sachin's dismissal against BD... he was trying to play a lofted one drive to a good length delivery without getting to the pitch of the ball... on other days, he would have turned it behind square for a SINGLE, which in this case would have been turned down...

Rubbish! How can you even think of that?
if matches can be fixed, coaches can be murdered, why not this??? i jus heard, that after this dismal ouster, Ganguly has decided to vacation in London...

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad cmon now gats, you are painting him as real cold blooded operator :hic: . :rant: while nothing is impossible, if you consider the risks and implications of such thing getting caught, and no doubt this would have been the first thing to come out in the aftermath, you'll see that Gangs just can not be so stupid. He may have thought about something like this in his revenge day dream mode :lol: but doing something on the field is really a whole different game. I don't think he is cold blooded/blinded by revenge/stupid enough to do such thing. :rant:

i jus heard, that after this dismal ouster, Ganguly has decided to vacation in London...
what is so abnormal about this gats..obviously there is no welcome party at the eden being thrown for him so it's ok for him to just get away from cricket for a while with his family :roll:

Re: Chappal was unhappy with Cup squad Shails... i am not suggesting that he did that, for certain.... i am jus evaluating a possibility..... secondly, the country jus had the worst world cup since almost 30 yrs..... the whole nation has gone into gloom..... there are headlines everywhere, there are discussions everywhere..... even NArayanamurthy is letting out statement..... this guy barely played 3 odis and WTF does he need a vacation for..... he needs to be sensitive to the sentiments of the people....