Who's afraid of Mayawati?

Desi Cartman

Just an update in this thread. I watched a news channel irght now and the situation for Mayawati seems to have reversed. Before the elections, Mayawati's BSP workers were saying "UP hamari hai, ab dilli ki baari hai" Now, I was watching a news channel and one of the youth leaders from Congress elected from UP said "Dilli hamari hai, ab UP ki baari hai" It sounded funny as it was almost similar to the BSP slogan.

I will use an analogy.. Suppose someone have been starvign for days and even before than he/she/it never got to eat anythign beyond bread and salt. One day you take that someone to five star hotel for 11 course dinner. Do you expect that person to use fork and knife . heck he/she will go crazy and stuff in his/her whatever he/she can. Maywati's initial arrogant behaviour is totally understandable.. Mind you since then she has matured.. You won't hear the utter casteist remarks anymore in fact she is taking along poor brahmins too.
you mean like the engineer whom she killed 2 months ago because he refused to pay teh extortion in the name of her birthday party? http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Collecting-funds-for-Mayas-bday-MLA-kills-engineer/402416/

I dont know , all I know is that morons like Pappu Yadav , laloo , paswan and all are famous for these tactics .. what are the campaigns to "get out and vote" ," support democracy participate in election" going to do .. Maybe I should have never posted this because now Im feeling sick , the more I think about it or more I talk about I feel worse .. I didnt even tell this to my close friends cuz what should I say .. Is this what we call the world's largest democracy .. Sab neta chootiya bana rahey hai .. I know Jayalalitha to Sonia Gandhi they are all corrupt What makes all this worse is that we have somewhere accepted it .. Laloo is not hated , he is adored like a stuffed toy .. people think he is cute .. Mayawati just uses one line "dalit ki beti " .. arey go **** off .. I know families who have lost husbands and sons fighting for this country why should I have sympathy for mayawati ..I know from family friends that to get cases solved u need to give shares to Sonia , Priyanka , Sheila dixit and high court judge .. but somewhere it has become all ok for us . We have been fighting over mandir masjid for years still muslims are poor .. so are hindus .. these Mulayam and Mayawati have been screaming dalit dalit .. wtf have they done for them in the last 15 years ... there was this one hope that somehow still some decent person can lead this country one day but with this incident , I have lost all hopes
So sorry to hear this bro. What you said is 100% true in every state of the nation. It reeks of the tremendous hypocrisy of Indian politics and Indian people in general. People like Mayawati came up like this man only with illegitimate and illegal means. Now they want to prevent other people from doing the same ascension in honest means. And Indian people too... Corruption and bribing to get things done is now part of life even in the grassroots level. Several Indian people give and take bribes but complain if a politician or known personality does the same. Unfortunate state of affairs. This is the reason why only a**holes become politicians these days.

Before the elections, Mayawati's BSP workers were saying "UP hamari hai, ab dilli ki baari hai" Now, I was watching a news channel and one of the youth leaders from Congress elected from UP said "Dilli hamari hai, ab UP ki baari hai". It sounded funny as it was almost similar to the BSP slogan.
Good riddance I say (I am sure VR is sulking since his celebration of democracy did not happen :giggle: ) After her body failed to do anything remotely good her first comment was directed towards Muslims and how they lost her the election. The problems with grade A jackasses like her is that they think voters are essentially their slaves who should vote the way she would like to. Here's looking fwd to getting BJP and Congress stronger in UP so these itsy bitsy parties are relegated to the dustbins. xxx

Good riddance I say (I am sure VR is sulking since his celebration of democracy did not happen :giggle: ) After her body failed to do anything remotely good her first comment was directed towards Muslims and how they lost her the election. The problems with grade A jackasses like her is that they think voters are essentially their slaves who should vote the way she would like to. Here's looking fwd to getting BJP and Congress stronger in UP so these itsy bitsy parties are relegated to the dustbins. xxx
Yes the idiots like Mulayam, Laloo, Mayawati should not only be sidelined but infact thrown out of the line!!! Nitesh Kumar winning is highly satisfying though:two_thumbs_up:

So sorry to hear this bro. What you said is 100% true in every state of the nation. It reeks of the tremendous hypocrisy of Indian politics and Indian people in general. People like Mayawati came up like this man only with illegitimate and illegal means. Now they want to prevent other people from doing the same ascension in honest means. And Indian people too... Corruption and bribing to get things done is now part of life even in the grassroots level. Several Indian people give and take bribes but complain if a politician or known personality does the same. Unfortunate state of affairs. This is the reason why only a**holes become politicians these days.
The criminilization of politics has been a very bad phenonemon and has been continuing since long. Bahubalis and criminals have been given tickets by political parties since long. But one of the best things about this election is that almost all the BAHUBALIS or dons and criminals who had fought the elections had to face defeat.. this is a good trend and hope Indian voters ends this criminalization of politics by not voting for them.
Yes the idiots like Mulayam, Laloo, Mayawati should not only be sidelined but infact thrown out of the line!!! Nitesh Kumar winning is highly satisfying though:two_thumbs_up:
Nitish Kumar is a great person and Bihar has seen good governance after a long time. All CM who worked for developement of their state and good governance were benefited in this election for sure. Naveen Patnaik, Sheila Dixit, Raman Singh etc. are a few examples

Amen!

I meant valid points with regards to suppression and exploitation of dalits for centuries and how mayawati is using that. Im not a fan of Mayawati but at the same time we have had few super corrupt leaders for eg PV narsihma Rao.
hey narsima for all his corruption at least amde a positive difference for India. he was one genius of a man.

Who's afraid of Mayawati? BSP supremo Mayawati has polarised opinion sharply across the country. The unquestioned queen of Dalit politics is either loved for her achievements against heavy odds in a caste ridden male dominated feudal state like U.P, or hated for, as some would argue, her power hungry and opportunist approach to politics. Those who praise her, hail her as the messiah of dalits, while there are others who fault her, often for reasons that smack of a class and caste bias - she doesn't speak good English and thus won’t make an impression on the world stage. As her national ambitions have grown, she recently began reaching out to upper-caste voters. But are Mayawati's critics being elitist? Why is there such little examining of her as a politician and her performance, regardless of her caste or gender? Or, is admiration from supporters more for her power than for her limited accomplishments on their behalf? Either way, Mayawati's force cannot be ignored. Join us for a debate on We the People on why the Dalit leader is both demonised and idolised.