Talk about expecting unexpected..

veer

Re: Talk about expecting unexpected.. Sorry as a sportsman that also a professional one you got to F@KING look after your fitness! I don't know why everyone is giving so much slack to our players? I have seen how tired motu looks after a 30+ runs inning. The guy is completely out of breath when he takes quick 1s and 2s. Ladoo rarely convert 1s into 2s by putting pressure on the fielder (same for other Indian players) Cricket is changing and becoming a very fitness oriented sport. Fielding on it's own is reason enough to become FIT! I am with Lurker on this :wtg:

Re: Talk about expecting unexpected..

He has minimum body fat' date=' a BMI around 22, and probably runs 30 miles a week. He has very high cardiovascular fitness. He'll live long..[/quote'] hmmm...i am not so sure. Have you ever heard of the "Beep Test" Dhondy ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test It's the litmus test for measuring one's cardiovascular fitness. John Wright administered this on the England tour of '02, and none of the Indian players scored 10 (this was reported as a snippet in India Today or the Sportstar - can't remember which). The highest score was Kaif; who scored 12 (a decent score) - a real anomaly in a very mediocre group. Not that you can hold this against Dravid or the other Indian cricketers; as they are still fit enough to play a sport like cricket which requires compartively less athletic ability than other sports, but their fitness in general is probably just average at best.