RR, KXIP and KKR on top and MI, BRC and DC on bottom of IPL 2 revenue chart

ViruRulez

Don't you guys reckon you are discounting the inital capital investment? KKR was bought for $75 million last year. The expenses each year are on top of the investment not part of the investment. Indian Rupee equivalent is 358,951,500.

Don't you guys reckon you are discounting the inital capital investment? KKR was bought for $75 million last year. The expenses each year are on top of the investment not part of the investment. Indian Rupee equivalent is 358' date='951,500.[/quote'] Like i said before,the franchises pay a license fee amounting to 25~50 crores per year. KKR were bought for 75 million for 10 years (might be wrong on the years) which amounts to Rs 31 crores per year. fk it.......just read my previous post The 35 crore is profit on a 75~100 crore investment. I will take that odds anytime.

Don't you guys reckon you are discounting the inital capital investment? KKR was bought for $75 million last year. The expenses each year are on top of the investment not part of the investment. Indian Rupee equivalent is 358' date='951,500.[/quote'] You are right ... the overall yearly profits are increasing for most teams as are the brand values of cheap teams like RR etc... but the brand value of KKR has significantly decreased after the two IPL disasters for the team.. KKR brand value is estimated at around $42 million right now ... as per news reports, SRK wants to sell around 10-20% share in the KKR team as he wants to sell off some part before its value decreases even further ... an English corporate is also supposedly bargaining with SRK though he wants more money for the share ... meanwhile according to reports, Steve Waugh is expected to be the next coach in IPL 3 and Ricky Ponting might be the next captain

Guest Hiten.
Don't you guys reckon you are discounting the inital capital investment? KKR was bought for $75 million last year. The expenses each year are on top of the investment not part of the investment. Indian Rupee equivalent is 358' date='951,500.[/quote'] King. SRK pays 35.8 crores per year (he will have to till 10 years, as promised). So, SRK pays 35.8 crores + players' fee + management's fee + accommodation. As mentioned in the article, SRK got 67.5 crores in telecasting rights itself...giving him a hefty profit excluding the profit that he got from his sponsors.

King. SRK pays 35.8 crores per year (he will have to till 10 years' date=' as promised). So, SRK pays 35.8 crores + players' fee + management's fee + accommodation. As mentioned in the article, SRK got 67.5 crores in telecasting rights itself...giving him a hefty profit excluding the profit that he got from his sponsors.[/quote'] Cheers. That makes sense. I thought they pay the money all up the very first year to be able to own the team for 10 years. If it's paid in installments it works out good.

Cheers. That makes sense. I thought they pay the money all up the very first year to be able to own the team for 10 years. If it's paid in installments it works out good.
It is paid in installments for sure and that was announced by Modi when the IPL teams were brought for the first time .. they will pay the money on pro-rata basis in a 10 year period

Rajasthan Royals was the most successful team in IPL 2 in terms of revenue with around 35 crores profit. It was followed by KXIP at 26 crores and KKR at 25 crores.
At least :kkr: is in Top 3 ...