How Kirsten inspires Team India

Gary Kirsten boasts of a magnificent record ever since taking as the coach of the Indian team in March last year. The South African has been proven to be a great man-manager and motivator of the highest level as his players will testify. One of his best qualities is that he prefers to remain backstage and let his players hog the limelight. So no wonder he is liked by one and all in the team and has formed a very strong bond with his wards and captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni [ Images ]. One of the tactics that he uses to motivate the team is writing a letter to each individual player after the end of every match. Here is a look at a copy of one such letter that he sent to the players after the India-Pakistan ICC [ Images ] World Twenty20 [ Images ] match, which they won by nine wickets. It is important to note that the Indian coach was all praise for his team's performance in the field against Pakistan. He picked up Suresh Raina's [ Images ] run out as the turning point of the match and such brilliance in the field should see India retaining their world title. Hi XXXX, It was a brilliant win today guys! It was an astounding effort from all of you. The fielding was stupendous and that run out [by Suresh Raina] indeed set the tone for the match and the catching was also top class. Go out catch some more! Fielding has been our problem, but I believe we can look at this match for inspiration! And I believe that such a brilliant fielding display can help us win the title again! Cheers Gary
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/2009/jun/08/how-gary-kirsten-inspires-team-india.htm ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Woow what a coach , thanxs Gary for the inspiration ... We love u as much as we love our Team :icflove::icflove:
can I be coach? I can write such motivational letters too. And what more, I can write in all regional languages.
For the next match write letters to all the players in their regional languages and post it here. A panel of ICFers from the respective regions will evaluate and let you know if you are fit to be an Indian coach.:angelic:
For the next match write letters to all the players in their regional languages and post it here. A panel of ICFers from the respective regions will evaluate and let you know if you are fit to be an Indian coach.:angelic:
yah u can start with Urdu ...:two_thumbs_up:
no I dont think so urdu is similar to hindi, but there are some words most people would not understand
Most people who speak good Hindi are familiar with Urdu more or less. Yes, there are words that are difficult, but they would know 90% of the words used in day to day conversations in Urdu. They however may not understand high level literature.
I am sure both Irfan and Yusuf can read.. not sure abt Zak
everybody will know to speak for sure at least basic urdu .. it is almost similar to hindi.. but YKP and IKP will know to read and write maybe as they are from religious backgrounds.. not sure about Zak or the other players
I had almost forgotten that Kirsten is a part of this team. He maintains such a low profile and never comes out to claim his share in the success. This is the kind of coach we needed. Well done Gary.:
No. Really? We want Guru Greg back please. The hogger of limelight like no one else and useless as no one else as well.
Guest gaurav_indian

I dont know about others but he inspires Gauti by showing this "theek se dekh ke khelna warna aise ho jaoge" 62396.jpg