Ashes 2009 : English are doomed !!! Bhooka Naan onboard

Guest Gunner
:two_thumbs_up: It is very hypocritical to be fair.
Why is that mate? But all things considered I have to say that Australia are fielding by far their weakest batting line up. If the English can really pull their bowling together and Freddie produces what he is capable of I would predict a close win for the English. But considering the English penchant for underachievement in sports it could very well be the other way around. If England ever found another fighter like Athers you will find it hard to win the ashes for a few years atleast. Btw, whom do you expect to do the job bowling wise other than your new enforcer Mitchell Johnson?
Guest Gunner
Stuart Clark
He hasn't played test cricket in over a year but what I saw of him in the 2007/08 Ind-Aus series was pretty good.
He hasn't played test cricket in over a year but what I saw of him in the 2007/08 Ind-Aus series was pretty good.
That's the only problem. When injury free (which he is the last time I checked) he's such a good bowler who bowls at pace with great bounce and fantastic accuracy. He was a one man wrecking crew for the Aussies for a couple of years after McGrath retired. If he's not fit then Australia are in trouble because England batsmen grew up on swing and should be able to do ok (not great), but ok against Siddle/Hilfenhaus.
Guest Gunner
That's the only problem. When injury free (which he is the last time I checked) he's such a good bowler who bowls at pace with great bounce and fantastic accuracy. He was a one man wrecking crew for the Aussies for a couple of years after McGrath retired. If he's not fit then Australia are in trouble because England batsmen grew up on swing and should be able to do ok (not great), but ok against Siddle/Hilfenhaus.
When I saw him bowl previously I always got this "hair standing on the back of my neck" feeling that he would get a wicket of the next delivery. This in my opinion is the mark of a true match winning bowler. But the point is his long lay off.
When I saw him bowl previously I always got this "hair standing on the back of my neck" feeling that he would get a wicket of the next delivery. This in my opinion is the mark of a true match winning bowler. But the point is his long lay off.
He's due to fly out on June 17 to join the Australian side. I don't know what the prematch preparations are like but if he's fit he's an outside chance of playing because apart from Johnson the other bowlers haven't impressed me as match winners. Hilfenhaus looks interesting though.