Ashes 2009 : English are doomed !!! Bhooka Naan onboard

Buchanan agrees ECB deal John Buchanan will travel to Loughborough this month on a short-term coaching assignment with the ECB, and hopes the stint could lead to a longer consultancy deal. The former Australia coach would not elaborate on whether he intends to divulge information on Australian players on the eve of the eagerly-anticipated Ashes series, but hinted strongly that his loyalties would lie with England should the ECB choose to offer him a longer-term contract. "It is my own business who I choose to talk to and what I talk about," Buchanan told Cricinfo. "Both myself and the ECB have indicated that in terms of their elite programme I could fulfil a role. I will fly over on June 28, and sit down with them to see what potentially lies ahead." Buchanan's last Test assignment was guiding Australia to a 5-0 Ashes triumph, avenging the previous 2-1 defeat inflicted by England in the 2005 series. His current week-long deal with the ECB will see him working with the England Lions and Under-19s teams in Loughborough and Worcester, and has been seen as a toe in the water for a more permanent consultancy agreement.
http://www.cricinfo.com/engvaus2009/content/story/408306.html

This is why I can't take the ECB and English cricket in general seriously. First they whine and cry when counties sign on good players like Stuart Clark, North and now with the Ashes just around the corner they officially bring in the former Aussi coach with an eye towards getting as much info as possible for that series. It's about as hypocritical and pig headed as you can get. Anybody else think this move reeks of desperation from England? Personally I'm cheering for Stuart Clark to come good because he's the one bowler who I believe is going to wreck the English batting order with his extreme control, pace and bounce. With Mitchell Johnson operating on the other end with his left arm ability to swing the ball at pace and bowl long accurate spells the English batsmen are going to be a very thorough working over.

This is why I can't take the ECB and English cricket in general seriously. First they whine and cry when counties sign on good players like Stuart Clark, North and now with the Ashes just around the corner they officially bring in the former Aussi coach with an eye towards getting as much info as possible for that series. It's about as hypocritical and pig headed as you can get. Anybody else think this move reeks of desperation from England? Personally I'm cheering for Stuart Clark to come good because he's the one bowler who I believe is going to wreck the English batting order with his extreme control, pace and bounce. With Mitchell Johnson operating on the other end with his left arm ability to swing the ball at pace and bowl long accurate spells the English batsmen are going to be a very thorough working over.
Thats the right word bro.
Pathetic ain't it? Add to the fact that half their team aren't even English! Also their coaching staff is multicultural too...Mushtaq Ahmed, Allan Donald, Andy Flower. And they STILL suck!
Pathetic ain't it? Add to the fact that half their team aren't even English!
That's a pretty poor attitude. The UK is a hugely multi cultural place and so the national team reflects that. I'm pretty sure guys like Rashid, Shah, and others in the past like Naseer consider themselves English.
Guest Gunner
That's a pretty poor attitude. The UK is a hugely multi cultural place and so the national team reflects that. I'm pretty sure guys like Rashid, Shah, and others in the past like Naseer consider themselves English.
I am in complete agreement with you on that point. Anyone who is born in another country or have adopted the nationality of another country should duly consider themselves as such regardless of their origins. Therefore wether it is Ravi Bopara, Shah, KP etc I am sure they all consider themselves English.
i'm all for multiculturalism, it's just that England, who has access to all these resources and talented "overseas" players, or even those who are born and brought up in England, still suck, which is bad.
I am in complete agreement with you on that point. Anyone who is born in another country or have adopted the nationality of another country should duly consider themselves as such regardless of their origins. Therefore wether it is Ravi Bopara' date=' Shah, KP etc I am sure they all consider themselves English.[/quote'] i agree about guys like bopara, rashid but not KP....KP is a Saffie, he was born and raised there, only been living in the UK for 9 years
Guest Gunner
i agree about guys like bopara' date=' rashid but not KP....KP is a Saffie, he was born and raised there, only been living in the UK for 9 years[/quote'] Mother is English, that should be good enough in anybody's books.
i'm all for multiculturalism' date=' it's just that England, who has access to all these resources and talented "overseas" players, or even those who are born and brought up in England, still suck, which is bad.[/quote'] Fair enough, although I do think highly of several of their multicultural players like Naseer, Bopara, Shah, KP etc.