Ganguly Selection Poll

Re: Ganguly Selection Poll I've gone for "Good batsman and needs another chance". Although not in the best of the form his experience may work well. It will be unfortunate if he scored 30 odd runs in every outing and based on that he makes it to the furture series' I want him to score good but I don't think he will after having looked at the average of 20+ as stated by Shwetabh. :roll:

Re: Ganguly Selection Poll IMO,the ganguly saga is not gonna end for another couple of years or maybe even till he officially retires. We had the same situation pre pak tour..... Ganguly was rightfully dropped after he was struggling in Intl cricket. Then he was flopping in domestic cricket as well.Some bad results + youngsters not performing well = bring in ganguly.He scores a cpl of 40s..His fans hail tht measly performance as a great achievement (kinda low standard for others but not for ganguly).Hes dropped again. Flops again in domestic cricket. Now history is repeating itself. And it will again and again.... Intl cricket,Domestic fc,county games,challenger trophy....hes been a flop in every one of those and yet ppl want him back. And we say afridi is useless..

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Ganguly Selection Poll come on bring urself to recollect couple fo 100's. I think 100 stands out more than 40's but what wud I know. :wall:

Re: Ganguly Selection Poll Let us not fool ourselves but Ganguly was dropped in the first place for lack of runs, nothing more, nothing less. Made a comeback but was dropped again. I cannot understand why he was dropped again??? You don't pick someone for a single test and expect him to score 2 100s in two innings. If you pick someone you have stick with him for say about 3 test matches or 5 ODIs. I couldn't simply reason why he was not selected after the test against Pakistan. That to me was very politically motivated.

Re: Ganguly Selection Poll

Let us not fool ourselves but Ganguly was dropped in the first place for lack of runs' date=' nothing more, nothing less. Made a comeback but was dropped again. I cannot understand why he was dropped again??? You don't pick someone for a single test and expect him to score 2 100s in two innings. If you pick someone you have stick with him for say about 3 test matches or 5 ODIs. I couldn't simply reason why he was not selected after the test against Pakistan. That to me was very politically motivated.[/quote'] Very well put, Ravi. If India want to relieve themselves of the burden that is Saurav Ganguly and all the hype/bullsh*t that goes along with him, they need to give him a long run in a series or two. See how he responds to the opportunity. If he fails to produce any sort of form, there will be no complaints from either side and his exclusion for any future matches will be fully justified solely on the basis of his performance. No BS, no hoopla, just good ol' fashioned justice. Chappell and Dravid made a big mistake by not allowing him to open @ Lahore (as he had asked) and by dropping him for the Faisalabad test. The matter could have been put to rest long ago. His one performance in the Karachi test enabled his die-hard worshippers to open up the "what if" argument, ie; the proverbial can of worms. Anyway, i hope everything will be done and dusted by the end of the tour. If India wants to continue it's progression, this meaningless Ganguly-Chappell feud should be put to rest ASAP.

Let us not fool ourselves but Ganguly was dropped in the first place for lack of runs' date=' nothing more, nothing less. Made a comeback but was dropped again. I cannot understand why he was dropped again??? You don't pick someone for a single test and expect him to score 2 100s in two innings. If you pick someone you have stick with him for say about 3 test matches or 5 ODIs. I couldn't simply reason why he was not selected after the test against Pakistan. That to me was very politically motivated.[/quote'] If India want to relieve themselves of the burden that is Saurav Ganguly and all the hype/bullsh*t that goes along with him, they need to give him a long run in a series or two. See how he responds to the opportunity. If he fails to produce any sort of form, there will be no complaints from either side and his exclusion for any future matches will be fully justified solely on the basis of his performance. No BS, no hoopla, just good ol' fashioned justice. .
A long run!How abt the long run he got before he got sacked....That was by far the longest we have given to any player....He didnt fight his way back to the side for the pak tour.He was a flop in domestic games after he was sacked. He got in due to politics. Kaif is dropped after scoring 100s yet ganguly had to be in bcos of a 40?Again,he hasnt scored runs to get in the side..its all cos of politics. Even if gangs had got 0 in pak, ganguly fanboys wd have still found an excuse!! Cmon i was one of his biggest fans (i used to rate him better than sachin in ODIs for a long time)but even i wanted him dropped much before he was dropped in the 1st place...

A long run!How abt the long run he got before he got sacked....That was by far the longest we have given to any player....He didnt fight his way back to the side for the pak tour.He was a flop in domestic games after he was sacked. He got in due to politics. Kaif is dropped after scoring 100s yet ganguly had to be in bcos of a 40?Again,he hasnt scored runs to get in the side..its all cos of politics. Even if gangs had got 0 in pak, ganguly fanboys wd have still found an excuse!! Cmon i was one of his biggest fans (i used to rate him better than sachin in ODIs for a long time)but even i wanted him dropped much before he was dropped in the 1st place...
Yeah, but the circumstances were different. He was still the captain. You're missing the reasoning behind my argument. My point is as follows - since Dravid got the captaincy on a permanent basis, he has played what - 2 tests ? That is no sample size to speak of and Ganguly-worshippers still got plenty of ammo. They can keep referring to his 30's and 40's, claiming that he is still a useful batsman and could have done better had he played more. His position in the Indian team was left open for debate. That is why i am just keen on seeing how he does when given 6 or 8 innings to play. Then we'll see if he really is up to it. If he still performs below par then there won't be any need to give some BS reason for dropping him (like More did). The selectors can simply point to the 6 innings he played on this tour, bluntly state that he just didn't play that well and get it over with. As long as he is kept out of the team, this whole ordeal will continue. See what i mean ?

Re: Ganguly Selection Poll How long the rope should he get is subjective......most of the ppl have already accepted that hes got longer than he should have got and thats enough for us to seek his sacking. U want a couple of more series, there are other who would want him get 5 more years.... I guess we cant argue abt this more anyway......Lets just hope they perform well and win