Three cheers for skipper Dravid!

Re: Three cheers for skipper Dravid! Who cares whom Rahul Dravid rang or what newspaper he read? These guys take it a bit too far really. Just freakin leave him alone, his team has just lost out in the very first round of the World Cup. Now it is not the players' mistake they hog the limelight. Even when there is no cricket going on the public is phishing on the cricketers :shrug:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Three cheers for skipper Dravid! Ka hua ICC bangaldehs match ka result abolish karke india ko super-8 mein bula lia ka.... ye champgne bottle kis liye khul raha hai bhai

Re: Three cheers for skipper Dravid! So you are going to drop the two batsmen who scored the MOST runs in the World Cup.. for India in 2007? On what grounds? I agree Bhajji should be dropped... Powar is a better bet in ODIs... As for Aggy he did nothing spectacular but didn't do anything horrible either...why drop him.. at least he bowled with FIRE...

Re: Three cheers for skipper Dravid! Are you talking about my choice Birbal? If yes, then I'd like to rest Sachin and Ganguly from ODI cricket, would ask them to choose one series playing for their fairwell from this format and would like at least Sachin to concentrate in tests. I've said this a number of times here, but I'll say it again: its not based on kneejerk reaction or anger or emotion or is blinded by any short term results. Both batsmen are NOT going to play the next WC. So why not bid adieu to this format now itself so that we can rebuild without thinking that we can bring Sachin back or Saurav back. Both of them have nothing left to achieve in this form of the game. I'd like Bhajji to be released from all forms of international cricket for at least a year till he rediscovers his wicket-taking abilities. What do you say?

Re: Three cheers for skipper Dravid! Skipper Dravid has to start afresh. In the wake of the this abolishment of central contract, the players will be jittery. If it is a young team, then which players are going to be dropped? Interesting time ahead!