Football Transfers, Rumours and Speculations

Shane

Liverpool agree £20m Henderson deal Sunderland have agreed a fee with Liverpool for the sale of midfielder Jordan Henderson, the north-east club have confirmed on their official website. The England international, 20, will head to Anfield on Wednesday to have a medical and discuss personal terms. A statement from Sunderland said: "A fee has been agreed with Liverpool for Jordan Henderson and he travels to Anfield today with the club's blessing." Press Association Sport understands the deal is worth in the region of £20million, while it is thought French striker David Ngog could travel in the opposite direction, The French striker will hold talks with the North-East club, while Henderson brokers his move to Anfield. Henderson is due to link up with England Under-21 squad ahead of the European Championships which begins this weekend, and both clubs are eager for the move to be completed before then. Liverpool, who signed strikers Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez in a massive January spending spree, have wasted little time in trying to implement their summer rebuilding mission. The Black Cats had insisted throughout reports of the Merseysiders' interest in their highest-profile academy graduate that he was simply not for sale. However, the reality which has long been acknowledged by manager Steve Bruce is that every player has his price and for Henderson, that had been set at around the £20million mark. Bruce had no desire to sell a player who emerged from the ranks last season to hold down a regular place in his hometown club's first-choice XI. However, as was the case when Aston Villa came calling in January with a deal potentially rising to £24million for Darren Bent, Sunderland were made an offer which represents a significant return on their investment. If the figures add up favourably, what is not in dispute is that Henderson's departure will leave another major hole in Bruce's squad. His form suffered in the immediate aftermath of his senior England debut against France in November last year, but the 20-year-old has been a key man for the Black Cats in the last two seasons and will take some replacing. The manager is already engaged in an extensive recruitment drive with Bent yet to be replaced, while the returns of loan signings Danny Welbeck, Nedum Onuoha, John Mensah and Sulley Muntari to their clubs has left him with a series of sizeable gaps to plug. Bruce is targeting as many as three strikers and in the circumstances, the inclusion of 22-year-old Ngog in the deal will prove an attractive benefit, although he has been a largely peripheral figure during his three seasons to date at Anfield. Allowing Henderson to leave will add another item to the shopping list but significantly boost his transfer kitty, with owner Ellis Short remaining supportive but having reined in some of the rather less controlled spending of recent years. However, it may not go down too well with fans who still blame Bent's shock departure for the club's slump during the second half of last season. Liverpool have also been linked with Black Cats skipper Lee Cattermole in recent days, although it is unlikely that Bruce would be prepared to part with two members of his first-choice midfield. espnstar

Seems quite expensive; however if it's 13mil + N'Gog that's much better. I don't know about this one though, I don't think we really need him. We already have Gerrard, Mereiles, Spearing, Lucas, Shelvey as CM's + we have 2 strikers now.. We were also supposed to be signing Phil Jones, who I was personally more excited about.. But apparently Man Utd snatched him from under our noses.. Anyonne here able to tell me a bit about Henderson?

Also rumors that ManUtd have begun talks with Samir Nasri regarding a potential move to Old Trafford :woot:
What a mercenary little fxcking cxnt. I hate the way football is going these days with these greedy fxckers who have proved nothing in the game demanding huge wages and holding their clubs to ransom. Good riddance to the little pussy.

Cant wait till cricket into this Can you imagine how maniac the Indian media would go over transfers, rumours and gossip......:hysterical:
imagine India TV and IBN 7 going berserk over transfer rumors/suggestions with Maninder Singh, Saba Karim and Dean Jones as "experts" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Apart from signing Nuri Sahin from Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid have also signed Hamit Altintop on a free transfer and have exercised their buyback clause for José María Callejón from Espanyol. David Mateos is also back from loan spell at AEK Athens. Fabio Coentrao from Benfica and Sergio Kun Aguero of Atletico Madrid are rumoured to be most probable signing for this season.

What do you guys make of Fabregas potnttially moving to Barca? Lookinfg inreasingly liukely now. Pep is just not very good in the transfer market. Other clubs know they can really hold hiom to rnasom on players he wants. Hence the ridiculous Ibrahimovic transfer a few seasons ago. Arsenal are doing that now and they will get 40m for Fab. In this hyper inflated market it is what he is worth, but Barca would be wise to look elsewhere Whatsmore they need squad depth. Particularly in defence where CB cover is a must. Vertonghen of Ajax can play LB or CB. He would be ideal. Also Hulk of Porto to bolster attacking options- and maybe offload Bojan and/or Jeffren. Hulk is big and strong could work as a great 'direct' option, scores goals and can play wide of a three man front line. Those two would be about 35ish. If I were Barca Id give Thiago Alacantra (who looked like a real class act for Spain U21's) as much 1st team experience as possible and groom him to take over from Xavi. and not get Fab. Likelihood is that Arsene will ask for Thiago in part-x and Barca will lose yet another academy gem like Fabregas and Daniel Pacheco

I'm gutted he is going but can understand why he wants out. He is worth £40m+ all day long and Barca f-ing around with £27m offers is an insult to him and Arsenal. They have this weird notion that because he was in their academy, they should not have to pay full price, and are somehow entitled to a discount. If he was some random player who had no links to them you know they would be more than happy to spunk out even £50m for him. Sooda I think you are under estimating Cesc. He will go on to be the best central midfielder in the world IMO (he is already close). He made his debut for us aged 16 and has carried the team for the last 7 years. He is one of the main reasons we have qualified for the champions league every year despite him having to play with some very average players. Imagine the level he will reach now that he will be playing with Xavi, Messi etc. Respect to him for also not playing this whole saga out in the media and staying quiet so it does not weaken Arsenals negotiating position. Unlike a certain Mr Nasri who I hope does f-ck off after his antics of the past few weeks.

I'm gutted he is going but can understand why he wants out. He is worth £40m+ all day long and Barca f-ing around with £27m offers is an insult to him and Arsenal. They have this weird notion that because he was in their academy, they should not have to pay full price, and are somehow entitled to a discount. If he was some random player who had no links to them you know they would be more than happy to spunk out even £50m for him. Sooda I think you are under estimating Cesc. He will go on to be the best central midfielder in the world IMO (he is already close). He made his debut for us aged 16 and has carried the team for the last 7 years. He is one of the main reasons we have qualified for the champions league every year despite him having to play with some very average players. Imagine the level he will reach now that he will be playing with Xavi, Messi etc. Respect to him for also not playing this whole saga out in the media and staying quiet so it does not weaken Arsenals negotiating position. Unlike a certain Mr Nasri who I hope does f-ck off after his antics of the past few weeks.
Agreed. This is one thing I hate about Barca. They think that just because a player was from their academy, they've just "loaned" him to another club and can buy him back anytime they want and at any price. Sooda mentioned Thiago Alacantra - I think he's a wonderful talent and would fit in very well at a club like ManUtd but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club simply because of this notion that Barca have that just because he's from their academy, they have first right over him even if he's been sold to another club.

^ Indeed, I think Im right in saying under spanish Law U16s cannot sign a professional contract so it easy for EPL teams to poach young talents. it is how Fab went, but really its hugely remiss of the club not to do more to incite them to stay. Its a two way thing this deal, Fab wants to move so I dont think barca are being underhand in anyway. fabregas, yes youre right...I did not make myself too clear in my last poist...er, YOU are already one of the best CMs in the world in that playmaker type role. And definitely 40 Mill is at least what he is worth ( I mean if Carrol is 30 Mill then what price Fab) however looking at it from barcas point of view- It woulkd be wise to invest elswhere. Theyll blow all their cash on one marquee signing when what they need is to bolster their options. Madrid can field two high class teams, Barca for me rely heavily on a few kew individuals. Can you imagine if Xavi and Messi were out with long term injury...last season they fielded Masch at CB when Puyol was out- that kind of things should not happen