Indian fans are the most immature: Atherton

Booing the opposition and booing the home team at Lord's when you are holding a british passport are different. What the (British Indian) crowd did reeks. If you have a british passport you are british' date=' period.[/quote'] Dont get me wrong i'm not saying that was a good thing but people get carried away even i was taken back by that!! biting the hand that feeds you saying comes to mind whats even worst is the Brit indian fans saying they now support england after india lost!! now that to me is even worse!! my point is (as a few people have already pointed out) that indian fans are not all sad losers and that we can take it on the chin without behaving immaturely there will always be a handful of idiots who spoil it for the rest
Guest Gunner
Dont get me wrong i'm not saying that was a good thing but people get carried away even i was taken back by that!! biting the hand that feeds you saying comes to mind whats even worst is the Brit indian fans saying they now support england after india lost!! now that to me is even worse!! my point is (as a few people have already pointed out) that indian fans are not all sad losers and that we can take it on the chin without behaving immaturely there will always be a handful of idiots who spoil it for the rest
You are not reading, read post 3 & 12 again.
Guest Gunner
I know' date=' the point is they follow football as we do cricket, so let's compare.[/quote'] As maggot_brain pointed out in another thread, two wrongs don't make a right.
Guest Gunner
We aren't discussing what's right or what's wrong' date=' but which nation's fans are most "immature".[/quote'] Isn't that exactly what I said? When you start a discovery process of who is more immature you are exactly trying to rîght a wrong with another one. PS: Btw, that was real self pwnage.

world over people know that when India loses a big match then houses of the players get attacked, effigies are burnt , press whines about it 24/7 . This is how people know Indian fans :dontknow: At the sametime , I know that a lot Aussie/british fans like to get drunk at the game and some of them like to abuse the supporters of the opposition after losing .. does this mean that all British and Aussie fans are abusive/alcoholics :dontknow:

I agree with Atherton .It is a generalisation .Still those morons who were in the stadium and those burning effigies in the street were bad examples. Had those been any other fans say like Aussies or Kiwis,we would have criticised them too.

We aren't discussing what's right or what's wrong' date=' but which nation's fans are most "immature".[/quote'] We are discussing Atherton's blanket labelling of Indian fans as 'immature'. As for two wrongs don't make a right. Well pointing the finger and saying 'you do it too' is immature in and of itself and doesn't excuse how some Indian fans behave.

JUST DON'T BURN EFFIGIES and throw tomatoes/shoes at our cricket team. They don't deserve that. Stop others who do and slap them once while you're at it. We stop doing that, we can become mature then. Also, I'm sure when Atherton said "fans are immature" he didn't mean every single Indian fan. You have to realize what these people do in villages and stuff burning effigies is telecasted in news all over the world and naturally ends up becoming the face of the fans. Though Atherton should have been more specific and should have added "radical" or something before "Indian fans".