Ganguly debuts as commentator

As if. Ganguly like most Bengalis is fiercely proud of his native language' date=' which is not Hindi. Could you translate please?[/quote'] "Fierce pride" for native language implies hatred for Hindi? :yikes: Anyway: "Hope you've not forgotten me; I am the one who turned into Salman Khan in the Natwest final" [i know its not funny, but you can't blame the messenger :)]
"Fierce pride" for native language implies hatred for Hindi? :yikes: Anyway: "Hope you've not forgotten me; I am the one who turned into Salman Khan in the Natwest final" [i know its not funny, but you can't blame the messenger :)]
No, just pointing out that Ganguly's natural language is not Hindi. He can speak it, but not very well apparently if you see some of the comments on the Youtube videos where he's speaking Hindi.
No' date=' just pointing out that Ganguly's natural language is not Hindi. He can speak it, but not very well apparently if you see some of the comments on the Youtube videos where he's speaking Hindi.[/quote'] I agree that Ganguly is not very fluent in Hindi. But your initial comment sounded as if Ganguly won't be speaking in Hindi because he is too proud of his native language to converse in Hindi, which he would construe as an "imposed" language [the old linguistic debate, if you will].
I agree that Ganguly is not very fluent in Hindi. But your initial comment sounded as if Ganguly won't be speaking in Hindi because he is too proud of his native language to converse in Hindi' date=' which he would construe as an "imposed" language [the old linguistic debate, if you will'].
I suppose. There is a little bit of a linguistic debate there. Remember people died for the right to speak Bengali, and who else but one of our own composed the national anthems of two countries.

Dada needs to improve his technique over emotion, as at the moment he sounds pretty monotone and disinterested, can see him improving though. He has very well pronounced English, and doesn't chat **** like Nasser Hussain either, so can see him doing well. Kumble has improved, Dada should follow suit...why don't they pair the two up?

Dada needs to improve his technique over emotion, as at the moment he sounds pretty monotone and disinterested, can see him improving though. He has very well pronounced English, and doesn't chat **** like Nasser Hussain either, so can see him doing well. Kumble has improved, Dada should follow suit...why don't they pair the two up?
Yeah, his English is excellent as is his insight into the game. As for being more exciting. There's only one man who can help Ganguly. Bumble, the uncrowned king of Cricket commentators.
As if. Ganguly like most Bengalis is fiercely proud of his native language' date=' which is not Hindi. Could you translate please?[/quote'] Dunno if you know this but, that hindi line is a spoof of the ad that he did, in hindi. When it comes to $$, hindi is where it is at. :hahaha: xFkJNlvtqYs