BCCI takes one step forward and one backward

Re: BCCI takes one step forward and one backward

It is players' agents who'll do the homework, not the players themselves!!
Apparently, they dont have good agents because they are having to discuss this among themselves now. ICPA would have been good, but now that there isn't one shouldn't the players take more responsibility.

Re: BCCI takes one step forward and one backward Obviously, because the contract will be shown to them first and their agents are not allowed into the meeting! And they all have international standard agents. you might have heard the names, living abroad!

Re: BCCI takes one step forward and one backward From the article:

the players received the drafts of the fresh contracts, which are dramatically different from the earlier contracts they signed, only a couple of days ago
Its pretty clear from the above that the players have taken a look at the proposed contracts before coming to the camp.

Re: BCCI takes one step forward and one backward

So we don't know what the truth is.
So what are we arguing about? :hic: I was just going on what was written in that article and made my view that discussing the contract is best left till after the tour by the BCCI as well as the players.

Re: BCCI takes one step forward and one backward Why can't contract be discussed in the off-season, or when the players are free?? I'll tell you why! The board doesn't want to give even a penny to the players, all of which they bring. Now BCCI wants these unfavourable contracts signed till the players are down after their terrible performance. Because if they win few series here, everything will be forgotten and players demands will be justified by media and public too. And the board does not want that. There is an extremely unhealthy relation between the board and the players and it is affecting cricket! But who cares!!