Sangakkara...Balls of Steel

Similarly, I can recall several situations when he's succeeded in pressure situations against India, Australia, South Africa, etc. Has it crossed your mind that perhaps it is his natural accent. I have seen several Sri Lankans who speak with a similar accent where I study. And since when is accent a problem/priority for a cricketer? Good is understating it, and he's clearly not overrated
i dont think its his natural accent dude, coz he wasnt speakin like that when he first sarted playing for lanka, but ok i will excuse da fake accent i never said he s overrated but im sayig the guy who make this thread is overrating him see, my point is he has failed versus india many times, more times than he has succeeded dats for sure. did nothing in da 2 world cup gamez in 2007 and also 2003. u know his bad form was 1 of teh mian reasons why sl lose 6-1 to india in 2005 coz he failed in all da matches xcept for the dhoni 183 game so how can we say he has the dick of steel and other such thingz
This is such a transparent attempt at stirring up controversy' date=' it's not worth a rebuttal. Absolute rubbish.[/quote'] What controversy? Have you ever seen Tendulkar and Lara completely out of it and looking like they could get out ALL series? I haven't. I've seen Ponting on three test tours now to India and he REALLY looks troubled, especially by Bhajji.

In t20, he's simply a nudger and accumulator most of the time. Even in the IPL, the matches in which he did well were ones with chasing a small total. He plays anchor most of the time and rarely does he steal the game away from the opposition. IMO, he didnt do anything spectacular - merely set a mediocre target. I dont know why the OTT praise here. He simply gave SL a chance - never sealed the deal for them. Therein lies the difference

this joker will always be half as good as DHONI>
in your dreams yaar, dhoni seems half the player of himself, all his power/6's have gone missing use to be an intimidating sight for other teams now too much of a collingwood, even against england in do or die, the only 4,s he hit were edges

Sangakkara is surely one of the greatest batsman of our times - the rankings, the numbers, and the performances prove it. However, his forte is test circket and I wouldn't rank his innings in the T20 final as very high. Yes it was a gritty, back against the wall innings which gave SL half a chance to defend a score but cricket has seen many better innings in the limited overs version. Limited overs cricket provides the batsman a canvas to complete a picture on his own, define the outcome of a match with limited input from the bowlers, unlike a test match. And right from Viv Richards' 189, through Kapil Dev's 175, Dhoni's 183, Lara's 153 to Jayasuriya's 189 the competition is so tough that Sangakkara's effort frankly was just not good enough. An effective, gritty, special innings but not spectacular. And no Dhondy, I did not ignore to put him in my "Greatness is calling" assessment : http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=107383

in your dreams yaar, dhoni seems half the player of himself, all his power/6's have gone missing use to be an intimidating sight for other teams now too much of a collingwood, even against england in do or die, the only 4,s he hit were edges
dhoni is waaaaaay better than sangakkara in odis scored almost 4500 runs at batting average of almost 50 no contest do u pakis stil think kamran akmal is better than dhoni? just curiousB->
dhoni is waaaaaay better than sangakkara in odis scored almost 4500 runs at batting average of almost 50 no contest do u pakis stil think kamran akmal is better than dhoni? just curiousB->
batting average of 50? yes even rao ifrthikar had avg of 75 not long ago, sangakkara is a better keeper, dhoni is too messy behind the stumps, fails the take the ball cleanly in countless run out chances. dhoni before he changed his style may have been better than sangakkara, now he has become too much of an a nudger , batting alone, heck i would choose akmal over the current dhoni, willing to open for the team in big games, not like dhoni coming at 3 vs ireland and bangladesh
batting average of 50? yes even rao ifrthikar had avg of 75 not long ago, sangakkara is a better keeper, dhoni is too messy behind the stumps, fails the take the ball cleanly in countless run out chances. dhoni before he changed his style may have been better than sangakkara, now he has become too much of an a nudger , batting alone, heck i would choose akmal over the current dhoni, willing to open for the team in big games, not like dhoni coming at 3 vs ireland and bangladesh
lmao, rao iftikhar :haha::haha::haha: you wouldn't take a guy who has scored 4500 runs at a batting average of 50 cos u think he is 'messy' behind stumps but u wud take a piece of **** like akmal who averages HALF of what dhoni does and is the worst keeper in the world? you --> :hysterical:
lmao, rao iftikhar :haha::haha::haha: you wouldn't take a guy who has scored 4500 runs at a batting average of 50 cos u think he is 'messy' behind stumps but u wud take a piece of **** like akmal who averages HALF of what dhoni does and is the worst keeper in the world? you --> :hysterical:
siyaana, read all of my post, dhoni as a batsmen is a shadow of himself, dont deny that, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLsVvAP40Sc]YouTube - Dhoni 183 against Srilanka[/ame] he bats like paul collingwood now, its like he has no power at all, look at his t20 s/r i think its even worse than salman butts
siyaana, read all of my post, dhoni as a batsmen is a shadow of himself, dont deny that,
he bats like paul collingwood now, its like he has no power at all, look at his t20 s/r i think its even worse than salman butts
hahahaha dhoni's career SR is 91. how many odi batsman in history can say that. only a handful in 2008/09 he scored 592 runs at average of 66 and sr of 89. sr of 89 is slow? well, maybe it is by afrididi's standards but dhoni actually SCOREZ RUNZ instead of hitting fluke six on irst ball and getting out next ball to have sr of 300..:haha: sangakkara is good but he is no dhoni, and akmal isnt good enuff to shine dhoni's shoes

i dont care if dhoni doesnt hit big sixes anymore man as long as he keeps averaging 60+ every season in odi cricket, who cares no batsman in the world compares to dhoni 's consistency xcept for mayb kamran akmal who is consistently [crap] :hysterical:

hahahaha yes, its confirmed, u are retarded. i am not insulting this is just my observation dhoni's career SR is 91. how many odi batsman in history can say that. only a handful in 2008/09 he scored 592 runs at average of 66 and sr of 89. sr of 89 is slow? well, maybe it is by your chakka afrididi's standards but dhoni actually SCOREZ RUNZ instead of hitting fluke six on irst ball and getting out next ball to have sr of 300..:haha: sangakkara is good but he is no dhoni, and akmal isnt good enuff to shine dhoni's shoes
DHONIS BATTING STRIKE RATE AT iT20 JUST ABOUT 100, JAYAWARDENE S/R IS EVEN HIGHER, SANGAKKARA, DHONIS S/R IS SIMILAR TO SALMAN BUTTS, butt is known as a slow batsmen, and at t20 100 is nothing especially for someone like dhoni, and im talking t20s not odis, so i dont know why u r bringing in his odi record, surely somebody must have noticed his transformation as a batsmen, he can no longer hit 6's, he use to be able to hit them at will, now he can only manage edges for 4s
DHONIS BATTING STRIKE RATE AT iT20 JUST ABOUT 100, JAYAWARDENE S/R IS EVEN HIGHER, SANGAKKARA, DHONIS S/R IS SIMILAR TO SALMAN BUTTS, butt is known as a slow batsmen, and at t20 100 is nothing especially for someone like dhoni, and im talking t20s not odis, so i dont know why u r bringing in his odi record, surely somebody must have noticed his transformation as a batsmen, he can no longer hit 6's, he use to be able to hit them at will, now he can only manage edges for 4s
do u know how to READ? i was talkin bout dhoni being better than sangakkara in ODIS to which you replied; "even rao iftikhar averages 75" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: i think u shud 1st learn how to READ befroe we continue this discussion
do u know how to READ? i was talkin bout dhoni being better than sangakkara inODIS to which you replied; "even rao iftikhar averages 75" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: i think u shud 1st learn how to READ befroe we continue this discussion
i dont see no comparison between dhoni/sanga even in odis, dhoni is living in past glories, back when he could hit, i think he got 140 vs pak, 180 vs sri lanka, the Dhoni V1.0 would have been better than sanga in Odis [batting] but dhoni v2.0 is like collingwood
i dont see no comparison between dhoni/sanga even in odis, dhoni is living in past glories, back when he could hit, i think he got 140 vs pak, 180 vs sri lanka, the Dhoni V1.0 would have been better than sanga in Odis [batting] but dhoni v2.0 is like collingwood
omg, it just gets better :hysterical::hysterical: dhoni has averaged 50+ in last two odi seasons and you are telling me he is living off past glories :giggle: does paul collingwood have thes enumbers? sangakkara has lower sr than dhoni, lower average than dhoni and he is supposed to be better than him? WTF seriously man, what is RONG WIT U [MOD EDIT: Do not insult fellow posters]