Its time we give credit where its due.

Ram

Re: Its time we give credit where its due.

why is Bangles taking so long to develop as a cricketing nation' date=' inspite of so many chances??? it is really depressing to see it still act like a minnow, pulling off some rare upsets, which are more due to the other team playing bad rather than their own skills???[/quote'] Note to self, I am suppose to take this in good humor, Cheek! right ... OK. Our first world cup, 1999. Since then BD had to set up a structure where kids can be groomed at an early age, expand the number of cricket club from two to what is it now, 6? Bicker with the football team for the position of stadium, then build a cricket stadium. Do all this with limited resource (haven't we heard enough of how Whatmore is gonna jump to India, coz they are gonna offer him more money?). And had to play mostly Zim/Kenya coz no one else wants to play with a nation who is just taking baby steps. Ok, what year is it now? 2007. 8 years! Geezzss... what do u want? Over night success? No wonder u guys are in so much trouble now. A little bit of patience goes a long way my dear!

Re: Its time we give credit where its due. i do not have problem with the rise of Bangla cricket... as long as they do not stab our backs..i mean as long as they are Loyal to India sub-continent Unity....note like those Pak.is bloody Pi.gs..who back stabbed us on the vote of reference of appeal against umpires..and all of us are paying the price for that.. as long as BCB, BCCI, SLC and PCB ( forcefully) are together....i welcome the rise of BD..

Sumon Bandhu .... I see that you quitely escaped from answering some pointed questions on the "General Discussions" forum .... :lol:http://www.indiancricketfans.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=67117#67117
sorry my friend, i missed that link... didnt escape. So it was moved to other forum. i thought it was deleted by mods. no problem... i will go there again. cheers. :hic:

i do not have problem with the rise of Bangla cricket... as long as they do not stab our backs..i mean as long as they are Loyal to India sub-continent Unity....note like those Pak.is bloody Pi.gs..who back stabbed us on the vote of reference of appeal against umpires..and all of us are paying the price for that.. as long as BCB, BCCI, SLC and PCB ( forcefully) are together....i welcome the rise of BD..
so your point is as long as BD tags with IND, you will welcome our rise. let me ask a generous question, is it only YOUR mentality or all indian fans' mentality?

Re: Its time we give credit where its due. Sumon, may I ask you something? Are you here as a missionary? Do you feel it is your remit to change the opinions of all the BD agnostics here? I have been posting on MBs for many years, and you can never, repeat never, get people to acknowledge you until they are good and ready. BD's record is nothing to be proud of. I'd be very quiet until they win their first Test series of note, hopefully against India this May, and then rub some sceptic noses in the dirt. Until then, why not move out of BD-centric discussions and showcase your love for the game by discussing cricket in general?

i do not have problem with the rise of Bangla cricket... as long as they do not stab our backs..i mean as long as they are Loyal to India sub-continent Unity....note like those Pak.is bloody Pi.gs..who back stabbed us on the vote of reference of appeal against umpires..and all of us are paying the price for that.. as long as BCB, BCCI, SLC and PCB ( forcefully) are together....i welcome the rise of BD..
so your point is as long as BD tags with IND, you will welcome our rise. let me ask a generous question, is it only YOUR mentality or all indian fans' mentality?
sumon... My post is not aimed at the relations between two countries or people of two countries.. in matters related to cricket... clearly there is a division between White skin and Brown skin... no doubt we need to play good cricket...to earn respect..people also respect the power.. in the interest of the game of cricket in indian sub-continent it is desirable that BCCI, BCB, SLC and PCB work together,...hell Dalmia saw the working of ICC as its president and he knew the power of votes in ICC...and thus a voting right to BCB as test member... india and Srilanka always play competitive cricket against each other..and are aggressive on field....BUT they always support BCCI and BCCI always support SLC....in matters related to ICC...any dispute against any other countries out side sub-continent... and mind you....its not the countries i am talking about..its the Board..

why is Bangles taking so long to develop as a cricketing nation' date=' inspite of so many chances??? it is really depressing to see it still act like a minnow, pulling off some rare upsets, which are more due to the other team playing bad rather than their own skills???[/quote'] Note to self, I am suppose to take this in good humor, Cheek! right ... OK. Our first world cup, 1999. Since then BD had to set up a structure where kids can be groomed at an early age, expand the number of cricket club from two to what is it now, 6? Bicker with the football team for the position of stadium, then build a cricket stadium. Do all this with limited resource (haven't we heard enough of how Whatmore is gonna jump to India, coz they are gonna offer him more money?). And had to play mostly Zim/Kenya coz no one else wants to play with a nation who is just taking baby steps. Ok, what year is it now? 2007. 8 years! Geezzss... what do u want? Over night success? No wonder u guys are in so much trouble now. A little bit of patience goes a long way my dear!
how about u compare zimbabwe's progress pre-mugambo with Bangla's and u will know wat i am talking.... heck, they even drew their first ever test-series and u are justifying tht u have been playing tests for ONLY 6 YEARS.... my gripe is not tht u are not winning.... my gripe is, you are handing out records on a platter to other countries...

Didn't the Zimboks beat pakistan in Pakistan in test series as well.
Yeah, in '98/99. That same year saw them beat IND 1-0 at home as well... :eek: Just SIX YEARS after attaining Test match status. While Banglastan - EIGHT YEARS on - are still getting doggystyled by all the other Test sides. Says something about their quality of cricket, doesn't it ?

It's a civil discussion. Instead of nitpicking, why not respond to my point ? Why hasn't your team shown any real improvement in results after more than 5 years of Test cricket like Zimbabwe did ?
there is no point in responding to ur points as dhondy pointed out.. if i want i can bring out the records of india pakistan for comparison.. but then again u r not going to change my mind and i aint gonna change ur mind either(no matter how many wins bangladesh records ..u seem to hate bangladesh with all ur guts). i just want you to act like an adult and not 13 year old, like u seem to do every now and then.

Re: Its time we give credit where its due. Don't be fooled by Pred's tough-guy image, Respect. Somewhere in there lies a razor sharp brain, an amazing head for detail, and capacity for the most articulate writing you could ever hope to see. He doesn't like too much love though. Hates all kind of sissy talk, and sets up the occasional Mc-Bc-fest to keep people honest. :lol:

there is no point in responding to ur points as dhondy pointed out.. if i want i can bring out the records of india pakistan for comparison...
Sure, let's see your "records". I could use another larf. I loved the way you dodged my perfectly valid point BTW - nothing like knowing when you are beat, eh.

note like those Pak.is bloody Pi.gs.. as long as BCB, BCCI, SLC and PCB ( forcefully) are together....i welcome the rise of BD..
It is upsetting to see that kind of language. We have at least one Pakistani member here. On your behalf I will apologise. :Cry: Coming to your point of unity, good point but -we can't be united unless the politics of the region stabilises...

Ireland are better than Banglastan.
My dear, after we performed SO WELL (!) against AUS and NZ I was thinking the same. Then SF happened, even the ever cynical yours truly, started to believe in them. Tell me this, if we do indeed beat the Fighting Irish (gotta love the Notre Dame Football team), will you at least give us the top minnows title? PLEASE PLEASE??
Heh, Radagast, you sure have a sense of hoomer. You get my :thumbsup: BD will beat the IRish, who have run out of steam.

note like those Pak.is bloody Pi.gs.. as long as BCB, BCCI, SLC and PCB ( forcefully) are together....i welcome the rise of BD..
It is upsetting to see that kind of language. We have at least one Pakistani member here. On your behalf I will apologise. :Cry:
:lmao: :lmao: