The most pathetic collapse I've seen since I started following the game

Now there can be excuses for everything if you set out to find. The fact remains that your entire batting lineup failed miserably against a second rate bowling attack. That too at a time when you had complete upper hand and victory seems a mere formality.

Now there can be excuses for everything if you set out to find. The fact remains that your entire batting lineup failed miserably against a second rate bowling attack. That too at a time when you had complete upper hand and victory seems a mere formality.
Are you being daft on purpose ? Didn't i just say Pakistan batsman don't have the technique to play the moving, 9 out of 10 times they'll get bundled down for low scores in conditions like, add that to their habit of choking and it makes the collapse understandable but not excusable.

You seem offended. Just because you criticized your team along with some attempts at face saving, does not make it forbidden for me to reiterate the truth. You are right- they have a habit of collapsing. You think that's because there are demons in the pitch, I think that's because they played bad cricket- something you don't entirely disagree with. What's in it to take offense? You expect me to post a few words of sympathy for your batsmen? I don't think they deserve any.

You seem offended. Just because you criticized your team along with some attempts at face saving' date=' does not make it forbidden for me to reiterate the truth. You are right- they have a habit of collapsing. You think that's because there are demons in the pitch, I think that's because they played bad cricket- something you don't entirely disagree with. What's in it to take offense? [b']You expect me to post a few words of sympathy for your batsmen? I don't think they deserve any.
but i think sri lankans bowlers do deserve something, did you watch the 12 over spell by thushara
but i think sri lankans bowlers do deserve something' date=' did you watch the 12 over spell by thushara[/quote'] Did you see my thread congratulating him and Srilanka? He bowled a good spell which bowlers do from time to time in test matches. That does not excuse the bad batting Pakistan put of display. You think he was too good for a 100 run target? I think not. It was more bad batting than good bowling that resulted in that collapse.

PAK batsmen oddly looked OK in the first innings, maybe because Yousuf was solid as a rock guiding the innings along. But in the second innings when the bowling was tight there was no one looking to get singles going and move the scoreboard along. Thushara was awesome and the real hero, beating the outside edge and getting the occasional one to cut back in very similar to Sidebottom vs Tendulkar in England earlier. It makes it VERY difficult to play, it comes inside and your LBW, outside and your caught behind. The OP is way over the top though and not giving enough credit to the SRL bowlers who defended a score of 97 to get with 8 wickets in hand. Doesn't matter how much experience or credentials you got, if you have a good day, you have a good day. The most pathetic collapse it might be for you, but I'd rate our sudden collapse in Melbourne a little higher....16 runs and 6 wickets, we could have won the series then and there in Melbourne. Also the recent PAK collapse when SAF came back to win it out of nowhere...earlier last year or something.

Did you see my thread congratulating him and Srilanka? He bowled a good spell which bowlers do from time to time in test matches. That does not excuse the bad batting Pakistan put of display. You think he was too good for a 100 run target? I think not. It was more bad batting than good bowling that resulted in that collapse.
it was a combo of both...it was bad batting in the sense that no one played with total application and a bloody mind to buckle down and see it through. But aside from Butt who played a terrible shot, and Misbah who keeps finding new ways to get himself out, all the other balls were good ones. SRL deserve the credit for keeping faith in themselves, keeping the pressure on, and fighting back to win the test.

@Domaink sorry if i got personal but i didn't get offended on the remarks but because you wouldn't let the matter go. I didn't put it down to pitch alone, i put it down to a number of factors including bad batting and hopeless technique, but you are just selectively ignoring part of my posts and asking me the same thing over and over. The only thing i disagreed to being said in this thread was the "most pathetic collapse" ever, i have seen much worse. Edit: Completely agreed with shehezeeda posts, labels of second rate attack are very misplaced. They bowled well doesn't matter if they have 1000 wickets between them on 10.

^^ Some times a bowler bowls very well from one side but wickets fall to the somewhat easier bowler on the other end. Butt threw his wicket away against herath because Thushara was too hot to handle.
No he didn't. Yousuf got out on the first ball of the day. Butt got out on the fourth. Thushara hadn't even started warming up at that point.
@Domaink sorry if i got personal but i didn't get offended on the remarks but because you wouldn't let the matter go. I didn't put it down to pitch alone' date=' i put it down to a number of factors including bad batting and hopeless technique, but you are just selectively ignoring part of my posts and asking me the same thing over and over. The only thing i disagreed to being said in this thread was the "most pathetic collapse" ever, i have seen much worse.[/quote'] I am not ignoring the fact that some of the Srilankan bowlers bowled very well; I am saying that in spite of that, the batting was inexcusable. I am not stubbornly against Pakistan. I am just overwhelmed with the way the managed to lose a match they had entirely in their own control.

@Mr.Wicket, surely you are mistaken i watched the first over that day and it was a very good over by Thushara, all 6 bowls bowled at Salman Butt who couldn't get bat to anyone of them. Please recheck. @Domain and that's what i have been saying all along helpful condition + good bowling + poor techniques + Inexcusable batting = Galle collapse. I just was trying to convey i have seen worse collapses.

Yup, my error. But the shot Butt played I'd put down less to Thushara being a superb bowler (he's not, yesterday was a bright exception) and more to Butt being mentally soft and unprepared to fight for his runs. If he can't play his graceful wristy drives and flicks and score, then he can't hang around and graft hard.

check out the icc test rankings, and as you people are very happy that you rule the ODI chart than we are more than happy because we rule the Test matches chart.Muhammad Yousuf at number 1 and younis khan at number 2 position, now you can say its not true, but unfortunaley a bad news for indians that it is true. http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/
This is one thing I love about this Indian team of late. In spite of players not figuring in the top slots in rankings India still manages to be in the top 3 bracket in both tests and ODI. That says a lot about the team, innit?
Yup' date=' my error. But the shot Butt played I'd put down less to Thushara being a superb bowler (he's not, yesterday was a bright exception) and more to Butt being mentally soft and unprepared to fight for his runs. If he can't play his graceful wristy drives and flicks and score, then he can't hang around and graft hard.[/quote'] TBH I think Butt came with a casual mindset where he thought a few shorts early on and the game is over. He could have stolen some much needed limelight with that. He must have thought that even if he got out, the small chase was never in any danger.
This is one thing I love about this Indian team of late. In spite of players not figuring in the top slots in rankings India still manages to be in the top 3 bracket in both tests and ODI. That says a lot about the team' date=' innit?[/quote'] We have improved a lot. From a team of champions, we are now becoming a champion team.

so basically you've only been following the game for a couple of years we had to chase 120 odd against the windies during a test in barbados got all out for 80 odd. and of course nothing hurts more than the chennai test when sachin got us to the doorstep 20 to win with 4 wkts in hand and gift wrapped the match to pak.

so basically you've only been following the game for a couple of years we had to chase 120 odd against the windies during a test in barbados got all out for 80 odd. and of course nothing hurts more than the chennai test when sachin got us to the doorstep 20 to win with 4 wkts in hand and gift wrapped the match to pak.
thats true, am sure recenltly india had collapsed against the same team, and also lost the series, we have better record vs all the asian teams in this formats and also ODIs
Heres the scorecard :
Bowling O M R W Econ CEL Ambrose 15 3 36 3 2.40 (8nb) IR Bishop 11.5 4 22 4 1.85 FA Rose 9 2 19 3 2.11 (6nb)
Ambrose and Bishop were mercurial and incomparable to Kulasekhara , Herath and co.
Heres the scorecard : Ambrose and Bishop were mercurial and incomparable to Kulasekhara , Herath and co.
i watched the highlights of the pak - SL test and the conditions were extremely favourable for bowling. ball was spinning a mile and the bowlers were making it talk. in such conditions any bowler will be threatening. i lost count of the number of times the ball beat the bat and all wickets except salman butt were because of good balls and not rash shots. im not a fan of pak cricket but threadmakers attitude reeks if insecurity. we need more level headed fans who are more educated in cricket and less in jingoism and offer a neutral perspective.
. Asim Kamal was an underrated fighter with a good technique and temperament' date=' but no confidence from the selectors and little respect from his teammates. .[/quote'] I remember him playing against India , dont think he got a 100 but was consistant , infact i was surprised when he wasnt in the pak team when we played them next