Lara retires from odis

Re: Lara retires from odis

Tendulkar played reasonably well in the SA test series but he deserves to be dropped if he misinformed Dravid and Chappell about the extent of his injury in the 3rd test match. Its this kind of prima donna attitude which needs to be repaired in Indian cricket.
So when he had the press confrence, and he said, it hurts when the coach questions our attitude, he was wrong to say that becuase his attitude was wrong.

Tendulkar played reasonably well in the SA test series but he deserves to be dropped if he misinformed Dravid and Chappell about the extent of his injury in the 3rd test match. Its this kind of prima donna attitude which needs to be repaired in Indian cricket.
So when he had the press confrence, and he said, it hurts when the coach questions our attitude, he was wrong to say that becuase his attitude was wrong.
LOL, you've misinterpreted the whole thing and mistaken, but you usually are always anyways.

Shwetabh, Sachin got injured in the 3rd test while fielding in the 2nd inning of the match and wasn't it too late to drop him from the match then? :hic: Anyway, this thread is about Lara and we must pay tribute to one of the greatest batsman cricket has seen. Though he was not as successful in ODIs as he has been in tests, still I think he has given us too many fond memories of superb batsmanship. Thank you Lara for those thrilling innings and happy memory!! :wtg:

Shwetabh, Sachin got injured in the 3rd test while fielding in the 2nd inning of the match and wasn't it too late to drop him from the match then? :hic: Thank you Lara for those thrilling innings and happy memory!! :wtg:
I am well aware of that, Chandan and yet he came out to bat at his regular position when he could hardly bat with any sort of comfort or fluency, played a huge part in us giving the initiative and momentum to SA. If he was injured he should have come down the order and let more fit batsmen come up, specially Ganguly and Laxman who were in good form. Now I dont know whether Tendulkar was forced to come at 4, if he was then Dravid and Chappell are to blame but if he insisted he is fit and raring to go at 4 he should be dumped.

Yes' date=' but I don't think even he realized the extent of the injury. It didn't cramp him right away, but after a while IIRC.[/quote'] Last time I checked there is an option of retiring hurt in cricket, specially if you feel you are killing the game for India. Also, if after 17 years of professional cricket he does not realise the extent of his injury something is fundamentally wrong. Avi, you know I am a huge fan of Tendulkar but you are just trying to justify the unjustifiable here.

No' date=' he came one spot later actually[/quote'] Yes he did and he should have come in at number 7 if he was injured. And he came in at 5 not because he felt he was injured but because he was compelled to as he was not on the field for some time.
Isn't that captain's decision?If Dravid preferred to send Sachin at that position despite the injury, it was completely his call. I wonder how the batsman can be blamed for that!

Isn't that captain's decision?If Dravid preferred to send Sachin at that position despite the injury, it was completely his call. I wonder how the batsman can be blamed for that!
And I have said in my previous posts that if Tendulkar informed Dravid/Chappell the extent of his injury and despite that they sent him in they should be held accountable. But ultimately it was Tendulkar's call to inform them of the extent of the injury, which it looks like he tried to cover up.

What is the physio for then? And as far as I know, the team management knew about the injury and its extent quite well in advance.
A physio is seldom used in the middle of a match to determine the extent of an injury. Reason being the only way a physio can accurately determine the extent of an injury is by putting the relevant part of the body through some rigour and stress to see how much it can stand and such risks are seldom if ever taken in the middle of a match. During a game, its basically the player's word. I dont know where you got the information that the management knew about the injury and its extent in advance. Care to share?

Tendulkar has a history of playing through pain ('99 vs PAK' date=' '02 vs WI, '05 vs PAK, etc). He never quit due to injury before and he wasn't going to do so in that match either. No surprises there.[/quote'] He should have realised he is not the same Tendulkar anymore. FFS, Ntinti was setting him up during the entire tour and his foot movement was just not there to counter it. Tendulkar still has a lot to offer to Indian cricket but he must realise that his technique is nowhere near what it was and with the handicap of an injury he is a sitting duck.

I dont know where you got the information that the management knew about the injury and its extent in advance. Care to share?
It was Harsha who said that. It was in the post tea session perhaps and he gave even a detailed information and a medical name also for the damage that was done and he also said that the team management gave that information.

I dont know where you got the information that the management knew about the injury and its extent in advance. Care to share?
It was Harsha who said that. It was in the post tea session perhaps and he gave even a detailed information and a medical name also for the damage that was done and he also said that the team management gave that information.
I remember that part. Harsha implied nothing about the extent of the injury as far as I can remember.