Lara retires from odis

Re: Lara retires from odis

Why will no one post the stats for last 12 months for our batters in odis. Can anyone show their averages? Sachin will be in top 3 i guarantee.
No doubt about that, but do you want someone who might have hidden the extent of his injury to the team's deteriment resulting in a missed opportunity to create history to go without reprimand?

Re: Lara retires from odis Tribute to Lara: One of the best WI has produced. However, more than his stylish knocks and tripe hundred - I salute him for recognizing that his game was diminishing and retiring and not being a burden on the team (unlike you know.... SRT) Also someone mentioned that SRT shouldnt retire since we dont have bench strength - have you seen WI team they cant field a decent first 11 but thats no excuse for a player to hang around and sicne Lara was not looking for excuses he did the right thing. This might just tilt the scale in his favor in the SRT vs. Lara debate. SRT will be a burden for two more years - during which he will suck as a batsman and will retire and all the people will remember of him will be his last 5 years of struggles vs. the great career he had till 2003.

And since you are bringing averages into the discussion' date=' care to post Tendulkar's average in tests as well?[/quote'] He averages 54.70 with 35 test hundreds.
I thought you were talking about the last 12 months or something similar? And no reply to my previous post?

And since you are bringing averages into the discussion' date=' care to post Tendulkar's average in tests as well?[/quote'] He averages 54.70 with 35 test hundreds.
Very cute. How about filtering for the last two seasons only (excluding the 2004 Bangladesh tour).

' date='but do you want someone who might have hidden the extent of his injury to the team's deteriment resulting in a missed opportunity to create history to go without reprimand?[/quote'] He did not hide his injury. And if you are alleging that, care to give us the proof?

' date='but do you want someone who might have hidden the extent of his injury to the team's deteriment resulting in a missed opportunity to create history to go without reprimand?[/quote'] He did not hide his injury. And if you are alleging that, care to give us the proof?
Exactly, what cr#p. :mad: You can criticise his performances. But for people to criticise his attitutde is not only stupid but a facking disgrace!

I dont need any proof to figure out that here is a guy struggling to walk properly, struggling to put bat to ball, struggling against Paul Harris, striggling period!! And he refuses to retire hurt and let someone else in better physical shape come in to stop the initiative slipping to SA. If you need proof for that you also need new glasses.

Re: Lara retires from odis Sorry Shwetabh, but I don't agree with you. Everyone knew that he was injured. And it was not a limited overs match where he was eating up the balls. How could India have wrestled back the initiative, had he retired hurt? How did it slip away from India if he battled it out there and India failed to wrestle it back from SA after his dismissal? And then this outrageous allegation that he hid his injury, which no one can't do in this age, and which Harsha said that the team management was aware of, yet you are adamant to believe otherwise? Please explain.

Re: Lara retires from odis SRT didn't hide anything, it was obvious and yes Harsha was saying how he struggled to get up the stairs when coming back during fielding. And watch that innings again, if not mistaken he didn't struggle from the very start of the innings, so don't think he could see the future, I'm sure he and the physio thought he was fine enough to bat. Actually Harsha probably said that too. As I said in another thread, he had 2 horrible test series, and thus the low avg in the last one year, but he still was the 2nd most decent batsman in the SAF series, mostly likely a sign of a come back.