Why Are Pakistani Cricketers So Mentally Frail?

Dhondy, you are an excellent poster- some of your stuff, most actually, is well worth reading- including stuff about Pakistan. However, what you have posted in this case has included some real stereotypical nonsense. If a Pak fan rips into India, doesn't mean you have to be the same back.

Dhondy' date=' you are an excellent poster- some of your stuff, most actually, is well worth reading- including stuff about Pakistan. However, what you have posted in this case has included some real stereotypical nonsense. If a Pak fan rips into India, doesn't mean you have to be the same back.[/quote'] This is akin to saying, when terrorists infiltrate Kargill, India should sit back welcome them and allow their soldiers to be killed.
Dhondy' date=' you are an excellent poster- some of your stuff, most actually, is well worth reading- including stuff about Pakistan. However, what you have posted in this case has included some real stereotypical nonsense. If a Pak fan rips into India, doesn't mean you have to be the same back.[/quote'] Do you deny that Shoaib & Asif are dope cheats? Apart from nandrolone, Asif has used all sorts of recreational substances such as hashish so that he can be on a high when he goes out to bowl. In any other sport, they would have had the rulebook thrown at them, but cricket simply doesn't have a framework to punish doping. Asif has been apprehended twice with nandrolone in his blood, Shoaib once, and on one occasion, they were not selected to avoid dope testing. Can you imagine this state of affairs being allowed in athletics? They both deserve life bans. Shamefully, they have both helped your side win a few Test matches, which the opposition has every right to feel aggrieved about. And I don't need patronising from you. Unlike you, I dont claim to be objective, enlightened and a paragon of impartiality.
Do you deny that Shoaib & Asif are dope cheats? Apart from nandrolone' date=' Asif has used all sorts of recreational substances such as hashish so that he can be on a high when he goes out to bowl. In any other sport, they would have had the rulebook thrown at them, [b']but cricket simply doesn't have a framework to punish doping. Asif has been apprehended twice with nandrolone in his blood, Shoaib once, and on one occasion, they were not selected to avoid dope testing. Can you imagine this state of affairs being allowed in athletics? They both deserve life bans. Shamefully, they have both helped your side win a few Test matches, which the opposition has every right to feel aggrieved about. And I don't need patronising from you. Unlike you, I dont claim to be objective, enlightened and a paragon of impartiality.
Cricket let the respective boards in their own countries determine the course of action for offenders. But we are talking about a country where the judiciary system lets Word Trade Center bombers, City Bombers, International Airlines Hijackers roam around freely letting them watch Mujras at night and enjoy -- so what action will these people take against a minute drug offender or a match fixer ? Dont forget -- it was IPL which charged and took action against Asif and PCB out of damning shame literally caught with its pants down -- followed course of action -- if it was left to PCB and Paki Judiciary System to take action -- that man would still be bowling with high levels of nanaldrones, steroids, hashish and what not in his system. One hopelessly woeful counrty -- and cricket is a part of its woeful system and culture in place. Cannot expect anything better.

I think Pakistan made its views of doping clear when Asif got away cheaply after getting caught in possession of illegal substance in a Dubai airport. They not only used diplomatic pressure in getting him out, but also made sure that he was let off without any punishment whatsoever. Not the first time it happened with a Pakistani player. Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Aqib Javed and Mushtaq Ahmed are the four other players who went through the same years ago. Got arrested with drugs in their possession in a foreign land (West Indies), the Pakistani government used diplomatic pressure to get them out and acted as if nothing ever happened. Its in their history. Nothing new happened in case of Asif.

After watching the bowling of the SL pacers in the two matches, I believe the Pakistani bowlers have seriously underachieved. Kulasekhara, in particular, was making the ball talk. The ball seamed destined to be an outswinger and then would cut back viciously off the seam. Don't believe Pakistani bowlers are even in the same league. The isolated victories in the past by your overrated team were thanks to convicted dope cheats and now the whole world knows that the game is up. Until pakistani bowlers can find a new way of doping, the bowling will be pedestrian at best.
haha what rubbisssh! You have seriously posted some of the most utter garbage I have heard in this site. Just for the sake of the argument, just try doping your 'phast' worthless bowlers with whatever illegal stuff, and see whether you will see any improvement in speed or swing. Saying bowler swings more and faster just by taking drugs is simply ridiculous. Pakistan has produced one of the world's finest fast bowlers of this game, and I won't be surprised if I see more once we start playing regular cricket.
haha what rubbisssh! You have seriously posted some of the most utter garbage I have heard in this site. Just for the sake of the argument' date=' [b']just try doping your 'phast' worthless bowlers with whatever illegal stuff, and see whether you will see any improvement in speed or swing. Saying bowler swings more and faster just by taking drugs is simply ridiculous. Pakistan has produced one of the world's finest fast bowlers of this game, and I won't be surprised if I see more once we start playing regular cricket.
No, even as an experiment, that is not something that any other team can do. Our bowlers give their honest best out there and so do most other bowlers in the world. It's only Pakistan who has a long list of bowlers associated with drugs. The remaining have been associated with ball tampering. Can you show me another team with such a long list of bowlers with drugs related controversy?
haha what rubbisssh! You have seriously posted some of the most utter garbage I have heard in this site. Just for the sake of the argument' date=' just try doping your 'phast' worthless bowlers with whatever illegal stuff, and see whether you will see any improvement in speed or swing. Saying bowler swings more and faster just by taking drugs is simply ridiculous. Pakistan has produced one of the world's finest fast bowlers of this game, and I won't be surprised if I see more once we start playing regular cricket.[/quote'] That's our opinion, and you are forgiven because you are not very well read and don't understand doping, it's ethical implications, or why players resort to it. You see, doping has nothing to do with seam or swing. Both Asif & Shoaib used nandrolone to aid their recoveries from injury. Now, you may ask what's wrong with that, but it does give them an unfair advantage over cricketers who depend on father time alone because they are conscientious enough not to use a banned drug. Like the cheats you are supporting, you have no idea that one reason these anabolic steroids are banned is because they are seriously harmful to the user. There's no point in giving the details as you will not be able to appreciate them, but ever wonder why the death rate among weightlifters was so high around 20 years ago? That's right, I can see the dawning of comprehension in your tiny brain now. Sadly, I can't write anthing that will change your concept of ethics. Like the cricketers who shamelessly abused drugs to get a leg up, and their numerous one eyed fans, your moral yardstick is really measured in microns rather than inches.
Shamefully, they have both helped your side win a few Test matches, which the opposition has every right to feel aggrieved about.
Your post in another thread
Apart from Warne and Kumble, there's not a single spinner I respect.
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=41667 You are pulling a Rudi there mate, a lot of hypocrisy and inconsistency in your opinions. Its probably got to do with the nationality of Pakistani bowlers rather then your opinions on banned drugs.
Your post in another thread http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=41667 You are pulling a Rudi there mate, a lot of hypocrisy and inconsistency in your opinions. Its probably got to do with the nationality of Pakistani bowlers rather then your opinions on banned drugs.
Warne took it on the chin, served his ban which was slapped by his national association promptly without any ado and was never caught cheating again. Asif was caught with nandrolone in his blood twice, your board actively connived to get him off the hook by instituting an appeal committee which completed overturned the original decision, then continued to box clever by pulling him & Shoaib out of the world cup to avoid testing and finally intervened to get charges dropped in Dubai when he was caught with hashish. When he was caught a second time abusing nandrolone, instead of throwing the book at him, they demurred and passed on the dirty job to the IPL panel. Any other self respecting body would have seen red. That's the difference between a serial offender, aided by his cohorts in high places and a one time transgressor, who was served his just dessert. But can you see the difference?

To be honest, Pakistanis in general have developed an unenviable reputation of not only being dishonest but living eternally in shameless denial about it. This can be seen even in Pakistan's governments overtures towards prosecuting those that have been proven by International and Indian agencies to be involved in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. Living in denial about Pak army's involvement in Kargil when they were caught pants down in the heights. Living in shameless denial about giving refuge to an UNDERWORLD TERRORIST like Dawood Ibrahim Living in denial about having anything to do with AQ Khan and his nuclear smuggling network. Yeah ..right, hundreds of half ton centrifuges were sent to N.Korea in military aircrafts and the military had no idea about it. The cricket doping scandal is just another shameful * and (relatively minor) episode that has done much harm to the integrity of the establishments in Pakistan. All this bad karma is what is coming back to haunt Pakistan the nation, cricketing or otherwise. You reap as you sow, they say.

That's our opinion, and you are forgiven because you are not very well read and don't understand doping, it's ethical implications, or why players resort to it. You see, doping has nothing to do with seam or swing. Both Asif & Shoaib used nandrolone to aid their recoveries from injury. Now, you may ask what's wrong with that, but it does give them an unfair advantage over cricketers who depend on father time alone because they are conscientious enough not to use a banned drug. That's where your lack of numeracy & literacy comes in. Like the cheats you are supporting, you have no idea that one reason these anabolic steroids are banned is because they are seriously harmful to the user. There's no point in giving the details as you will not be able to appreciate them, but ever wonder why the death rate among weightlifters was so high around 20 years ago? That's right, I can see the dawning of comprehension in your tiny brain now. Sadly, I can't write anthing that will change your concept of ethics. Like the cricketers who shamelessly abused drugs to get a leg up, and their numerous one eyed fans, your moral yardstick is really measured in microns rather than inches.
See how quickly you have changed colors by first arguing about swing and pace, to recovering from injuries. We do not support their acts, Akthar has been a jerk through out his career, I remember reading an article on him with the title "An Almighty Waste' and that's what exactly he is. Tremendous amount of talent almost gone in waste. Asif is simply a jahil who probably had no jack clue what he was taking, but both have served their punishments. I don't see any reason for them to stay out once they have been prosecuted and serve their punishment. I and many Pakistanis don't want to see Akthar back anyways as he's only a troublemaker and has brought more shame to Pakistan than glory, and if Asif ever gets caught again then I am sure he will be banned from cricket for life. Noone supports their act so don't draw the conclusion from your tiny brain about Pakistanis admiring or supporting their acts and that every Pakistani bowler was a doper. My only argument in the earlier post was to prove you wrong that you simply can't get swing and pace by doping, simple straight forward fact which you just couldn't comprehend, and I have seen you arguing about the same stuff in other threads. So you better start reading carefully before speeching your lectures.
Asif is simply a jahil who probably had no jack clue what he was taking
He could have been excused for being a jahil the first time. Not when he was caught with a hashish satchet in his wallet. Thats not the act of a jahil but a thug, who knows the rogue country he represents would bail him out and make him available to play at the earliest. BTW your infamous nuclear scientist AQ Khan also " honed" his skills by stealing nuclear designs from the Dutch lab where he was working. Is thuggery really a part of being Pak.i ?
My only argument in the earlier post was to prove you wrong that you simply can't get swing and pace by doping' date=' , .[/quote'] but u can do it by ball tampering imran = self confessed ball tamperer aquib javed - caught ball tamperinig with bottle top waqar younis - twice reported for ball tampering shoaib akhtar - reported for ball tampering and a certified spear chucker and lets not froget what happened in the oval test. shahid nazeer caught lifting seam on the cameras. even without the doping, pakistan has been a disgrace to fast bowling. accept it basically whats happening now is that ur legion of dopers, chuckers and ball tamperers have nowhere to hide and this shows in the pathetic reuslts of your team
See how quickly you have changed colors by first arguing about swing and pace, to recovering from injuries. We do not support their acts, Akthar has been a jerk through out his career, I remember reading an article on him with the title "An Almighty Waste' and that's what exactly he is. Tremendous amount of talent almost gone in waste. Asif is simply a jahil who probably had no jack clue what he was taking, but both have served their punishments. I don't see any reason for them to stay out once they have been prosecuted and serve their punishment. I and many Pakistanis don't want to see Akthar back anyways as he's only a troublemaker and has brought more shame to Pakistan than glory, and if Asif ever gets caught again then I am sure he will be banned from cricket for life. Noone supports their act so don't draw the conclusion from your tiny brain about Pakistanis admiring or supporting their acts and that every Pakistani bowler was a doper. My only argument in the earlier post was to prove you wrong that you simply can't get swing and pace by doping, simple straight forward fact which you just couldn't comprehend, and I have seen you arguing about the same stuff in other threads. So you better start reading carefully before speeching your lectures.
You have no choice but to denounce them because you have now been caught out, my friend. Weren't you gloating just 5 minutes ago that our pacers couldn't match the guile of your adorable cheats even if they resorted to doping? Here, let me refresh your memory.
Just for the sake of the argument, just try doping your 'phast' worthless bowlers with whatever illegal stuff, and see whether you will see any improvement in speed or swing..... Pakistan has produced one of the world's finest fast bowlers of this game, and I won't be surprised if I see more once we start playing regular cricket.
It's quite clear that you dote on these cheats and can't wait for them to get back in the squad, given the miserable performance of your current team. As for swing and seam, you guys are the pioneers of ball tampering, which was metioned in my OP. Have you developed amnesia for the fact that Imran himself admitted to ball tampering obtain reverse swing? It just highlights what I said- your team has never laid much store by the right thing to do, or cared for playing the game honestly and above reproach. You have lost the respect of the world fraternity, and without your dope cheats and your ball tamperers, you are losing a lion's share of your Test matches as well. Serves you right.