Latest yahoo deal will use Bing technology for powering future searches

fineleg

So you are saying that MS changed their algorithm in 1 day based on this article? It could be a simple case of how both their search index works. Google "why is windows so expensive yahoo" and you will get the "why are macs so expensive".It could be that bing has yahoo index higher up than google. Besides, if they did stock the answers, is it really wise of them to tell that another of their product "Games for windows live" is expensive too? Looking at the top 3 results, bing shows 1 mac, 1 GFW and 1 glass windows results, so did the author try "" why is Microsoft windows so expensive"? I cannot replicate those answers and ironically i get less results than shown in the picture. Besides none of the tech news site i follow and trust has reported this, as far as i know. So unless someone has a working knowledge of bing search index,i am less inclined to believe in conspiracy theories.

Just out of curiosity i googled and binged that phrase. I know MS can stoop to any level but this is just bullshit. You get "Why are Macs so expensive" in the 3rd page in both google and bing.This is just false propaganda. You also get "Why is gas so expensive".....OMG!!MS is soooo biased against Exxon.
From the article "But those results have magically changed. As of today (August 5) search results for these phrases actually seem uncensored. The random Manhattan link is still there, but it's under three links about Microsoft Word. Not that the links are actually helpful, but open-ended questions are difficult in search engines. As for the "Is Microsoft Evil?" search, the Google story is now gone and all the current search results address the question at hand: "Is Microsoft Evil?"