Jaswant Singh saga - Jinnah, expulsion etc etc.

Lurker

let me put it this way. which guy is going to influence events more a guy with support of 100 people a guy with support of 100000 people a guy with support of 1 million a guy with support of 20 milion a guy with support of 100 million get the drift? ofcourse its improtant to acknowledge the sacrifices and role of the other freedom fighters. but you have a perspective to keep as well. whether you like it or not, gandhiji and nehru were the two most important indians and congress party was the foremost organisation in the freedom struggle.
Absolutley. No idea why the new generation have such hatred for our past greats.

let me put it this way. which guy is going to influence events more a guy with support of 100 people a guy with support of 100000 people a guy with support of 1 million a guy with support of 20 milion a guy with support of 100 million get the drift? ofcourse its improtant to acknowledge the sacrifices and role of the other freedom fighters. but you have a perspective to keep as well. whether you like it or not, gandhiji and nehru were the two most important indians and congress party was the foremost organisation in the freedom struggle.
Am in no way denying Gandhi's role in our independence. All I am saying is that Nehru was not the reason that we got independence and he was not competent enough to be our prime minister for so many decades...subhash chandra bose had far better support from the masses than Nehru who got into the congress thru his father motilal nehru...Its just that historians especially ncert books have chosen to overplay congress's role in our independence ( Remember history is always written by the victors).... Congress and gandhiji's non violence struggle were two different things mate...
Absolutley. No idea why the new generation have such hatred for our past greats.
Am saying this again, am in no way disrespecting our past greats BTW... mods edited my comments as they found it inappropriate and I can tell you there was nothing abusive in those censored lines...

Now BJP goes against Shourie..

BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told CNN-IBN that Shourie “can find a place where his intelligence could be more utilized.†The BJP last week expelled Jaswant Singh for writing a biography which praises Pakistan founder M A Jinnah. On Sunday, party supporter Sudheendra Kulkarnai left the party
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/bjp-seeks-to-discipline-shourie-for-slamming-party/99848-37.html BJP quickly going down the poopers. If they indeed shunt Arun Shourie they could kiss goodbye many moderate liberals who still have a certain measure of sympathy for the party if only for the intellactual content that sets it apart from the other parties. Rajnath Singh is going nuts and taking the party down with himself into the toilet.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/bjp-seeks-to-discipline-shourie-for-slamming-party/99848-37.html BJP quickly going down the poopers. If they indeed shunt Arun Shourie they could kiss goodbye many moderate liberals who still have a certain measure of sympathy for the party if only for the intellactual content that sets it apart from the other parties. Rajnath Singh is going nuts and taking the party down with himself into the toilet.
Considering the amount of nuisance that Arun Shourie could have created internally it is better for the BJP that he leaves or is shown the door. Anyway, he is of zero electoral significance and therefore eminently expendable.

Making all sorts of statements. He has alleged a coterie is running the party. Considering what he has alleged in the interview he would have not allowed the party leadership to settle into their jobs.
Is that a revelation for you? Post election debacle of BJP was followed by almost every expert out there suggesting the same. Now if BJP "leaders" are stupid enough not to read newspapers, or writing on the wall for that matter, it becomes a nuisance?? Seriously if BJP does not listen to Jaswant Singh, Shourey or Jaitley who should it listen to? Rajeev Prasad Rudi!

Is that a revelation for you? Post election debacle of BJP was followed by almost every expert out there suggesting the same. Now if BJP "leaders" are stupid enough not to read newspapers, or writing on the wall for that matter, it becomes a nuisance?? Seriously if BJP does not listen to Jaswant Singh, Shourey or Jaitley who should it listen to? Rajeev Prasad Rudi!
BJP should listen to its cadres, grassroots workers. Arun Shourie wants a complete replacement of leadership - which is fine, but it will happen over time, not immediately. So, basically he wanted an excuse to leave in a blaze, and make a martyr out of himself. Its better for the party that he left, rather than be a disgruntled member.

BJP should listen to its cadres' date=' grassroots workers. Arun Shourie wants a complete replacement of leadership - which is fine, but it will happen over time, not immediately. So, basically he wanted an excuse to leave in a blaze, and make a martyr out of himself. Its better for the party that he left, rather than be a disgruntled member.[/quote'] Man that is so unfair. I am not Arun Shourie and I got worked up :winky: Boss this man has been with BJP when they had 2 MPs, today even after their debacle they have 50 times that number. Why would he leave the party and become a martyr now?? I mean the man has been with the party for almost 25 years. Same with Jaswant Singh. Such criticism is frankly quite lame. Without Shourie BJP will lose a good number of intellectual votes, specially those who follow his articles and trust me there are tons of those who do.

Man that is so unfair. I am not Arun Shourie and I got worked up :winky: Boss this man has been with BJP when they had 2 MPs, today even after their debacle they have 50 times that number. Why would he leave the party and become a martyr now?? I mean the man has been with the party for almost 25 years. Same with Jaswant Singh. Such criticism is frankly quite lame.
He has realized that he will not be getting a renewal of his Rajya Sabha seat the term of which is expiring soon.
Without Shourie BJP will lose a good number of intellectual votes, specially those who follow his articles and trust me there are tons of those who do.
Arun Shourie, in tandem with Yashwant Sinha dragged the BJP into opposing the nuclear deal. I think the number of people turned off because of this can hardly be compensated.

He has realized that he will not be getting a renewal of his Rajya Sabha seat the term of which is expiring soon.Arun Shourie' date= in tandem with Yashwant Sinha dragged the BJP into opposing the nuclear deal. I think the number of people turned off because of this can hardly be compensated.
This is the line of thought that ticks me off. A year back if Secular folks, like me, would have been arguing that Shourie's articles about Congress were largely driven by the fact that he wanted to retain Rajya Sabha seat and were NOT driven by ideology you would have scoffed at me and called me cynical. Now one year, and a political debacle, onwards suddenly Shourie's criticism of BJP is because of a Rajya Sabha seat? Dude you are smart enough to realize an intellactual like Shourie would not set his political career at stake for a freaking Rajya Sabha seat. Heck is that was indeed true there was no reason why he would have gone after someone like Rajeev Gandhi who could have easily given him a Rajya Sabha or a Lok Sabha seat! That too at a time when BJP was hardly anything worth writing home about. xxx

This is the line of thought that ticks me off. A year back if Secular folks, like me, would have been arguing that Shourie's articles about Congress were largely driven by the fact that he wanted to retain Rajya Sabha seat and were NOT driven by ideology you would have scoffed at me and called me cynical. Now one year, and a political debacle, onwards suddenly Shourie's criticism of BJP is because of a Rajya Sabha seat? Dude you are smart enough to realize an intellactual like Shourie would not set his political career at stake for a freaking Rajya Sabha seat. Heck is that was indeed true there was no reason why he would have gone after someone like Rajeev Gandhi who could have easily given him a Rajya Sabha or a Lok Sabha seat! That too at a time when BJP was hardly anything worth writing home about. xxx
My point is that Arun Shourie realized that his time is up in the BJP the moment Arun Jaitley was made the Rajya Sabha opposition leader. I am sure that had Advani made Arun Shourie the leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha then he wouldnt have done this drama. Its a simple case of ego clash between Arun Shourie and Arun Jaitley. Rajnath is just a convenient target for Shourie because he knows that the entire media will lap him up.

Very disturbing, dont want the congress hegemony to come back again. Seedhi, as a BJP supporter(I assume you are, correct me if you are not), do you really believe what is happening is good for the party in anyways?
I maintain that given the shenanigans Jaswant Singh has indulged in, his exit is only good for the party in the long run. The manner in which he went is debatable though, but he definitely wanted to exit in a blaze. Arun Shourie has also chosen to leave as he cannot countenance Arun Jaitley becoming the party president. Not much of an effect on the party really. Same with Sudheendra Kulkarni. If along with these gentlemen, Rajnath also leaves (which he will in a sense, after December he wont be the party president), that would be even better.

Guest Gunner
Considering the amount of nuisance that Arun Shourie could have created internally it is better for the BJP that he leaves or is shown the door. Anyway' date=' he is of zero electoral significance and therefore eminently expendable.[/quote'] I would like to know who you would like to have run the BJP anyway? I believed in BJP as an intellectual political party at one time, not anymore. The last leader in the BJP whom I respect is Arun Jaitley, I suggest you kick him out as he surely doesn't deserve to be in a party like this. I woul really like to watch the BJP getting annihilated in 2014 when Rahul Gandhi runs for PM. I am saying this in a lot of pain and despite my dislike for the congress nonsense of nepotism and sycophancy.

Guest Gunner

I hate the concept of banning books. WHo are the GOI to decide what I should read? I am an educated adult capable of forming my own opinions. Even if someone wrote a book on converting India into an Islamic state I would still prefer to read it rather than banning the book. The banning of Salman Rushdie's "Satanic verses" is one of the most foul acts of the GOI in post independance history.

I hate the concept of banning books. WHo are the GOI to decide what I should read? I am an educated adult capable of forming my own opinions. Even if someone wrote a book on converting India into an Islamic state I would still prefer to read it rather than banning the book. The banning of Salman Rushdie's "Satanic verses" is one of the most foul acts of the GOI in post independance history.
It only helps promote the book, how many of us would have remembered Satanic verses if not for the fatwa..